Need advice on the classic difficulty race

Ok I've been trying out different tactics following the videos ect and so far I've gotten to 1st and second place within the first lap but right before I hit the line to start lap 2 all the cars behind me just speed right past me not just 1 car but all of them so no real hope to block them off and worse they speed away so fast that I lose sight of them and the announcer says the cars are a already on lap 3 about 15 seconds after I start into lap 2 like is there some trick to prevent this?

It happens every single time I get to first or second place and head into lap 2 I've even tried being 3rd or 4th going into lap 2 but the instant I get ahead suddenly everyone behind me shift right I to turbo and pass me and I'm already going as fast as the car will go it feels like they rubber band at that point or when I'm getting twards the 1st place any tips or advice is welcome

Just now, sent_16 said:

haven't played the game but apparently theres something called a ram button which helps

I know problem is sometimes it "works" but u still get pushed off the road by momentum but it won't help my problem with the cars suddenly getting nitrous lol I figure there's a trick like a certain point to get first so everything didn't decide u need to be last