Are you going to sell your PS4 on eBay?

Masamune

Are you going to sell your PS4 on eBay?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to sell your PS4 on eBay?

• Yes, that's the only reason I pre-ordered one.
    • Maybe, if I can make a good profit on it.
    • No, I'm getting one for gaming.
    • I'm not getting a PS4 at all.

No point buying it just to sell. You will not get profit!

????

If you buy >>insert widget here<< for $400, then turn around and sell it for $800, the +$400 difference represents a gain, or profit.

With the large demand for the PS4 paired with the relatively few systems that will be available, the price you can ask to sell a unit will increase above the MSRP. Supply and demand, basic economics. There are historical precedents of exactly what has been described above with the launches of the PS2 and the PS3.

Can you please explain your assertion?

No point buying it just to sell. You will not get profit!

With it releasing so close to Christmas and parents get their spoiled little brats whatever they want nowadays I'd be willing to bet you could make a pretty nice profit off one. Hell, I sold my Deluxe Wii U on launch for something like $600 and I wasn't even trying to sell it. 

Parker

^^ Now that is a nice profit, guess I'm selling both of mine and waiting till 2014, if that price remains consistent.

Turning $800 into $2, 000 = 250% gain on investment in 5 months = no brainer

What you guys don't understand is time value. Its not like I am NEVER getting a PS4, I am only giving up maybe 4 months of ownership for, in this case, $1, 200 in premium ($2, 000 - the cost of two PS4s when I buy them again after supply loosens up) Quite frankly, I'm totally baffled people wouldn't do that but hey, that actually works in my favor since it decreases supply and drives up the price :D

Edited by Bullstomp
  • Like 1

^^ Now that is a nice profit, guess I'm selling both of mine and waiting till 2014, if that price remains consistent.

Turning $800 into $2, 000 = 250% gain on investment in 5 months = no brainer

What you guys don't understand is time value. Its not like I am NEVER getting a PS4, I am only giving up maybe 4 months of ownership for, in this case, $1, 200 in premium ($2, 000 - the cost of two PS4s when I buy them again after supply loosens up) Quite frankly, I'm totally baffled people wouldn't do that but hey, that actually works in my favor since it decreases supply and drives up the price :D

Yeah if price stays close to that I'll be doing the same,I've got patience and a backlog so it's all good,

Best of luck if do decide to go that route ;)