Havoc Point - You've been warned!

dev2610

12 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

How do you know for certain that scavange locations didn't bug. 

I didn't realize I should have been counting and I'm at 19 atm. 

If there's any way to really check I'd love to know rather than going to each point I finished and checking them off. 

You essentially match the numbers in the Legend tab with that in the Pause tab - Statistics - Game Completion Statistics.

The first three challenges will total 36 - 5, 13 and 18

The final one, will require 191 locations to be done, some of those will include the locations tied to side missions in the game. All of those should add and match the number in the Stats section of the pause menu. Please be advised, that completing Vantage points and the camps don't count, as far as I have observed.

If the numbers are matching, it means you're fine, if there is a discrepancy, that is a red alert.

Edited by dev2610
Added information

5 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Yeah I was nervous when it didn't go up with a vantage point. 

Its shitty that of all trophies 191 locations can fuck up. 

Any other point of no return or challenges to do before anything else? 

God knows how many more game breaking shit is in this game, but having a thread with them all listed would be neat

Honestly, none. All challenges can be done post-game too, reducing threat levels to 0, etc. However, I would still recommend completing the challenges before clearing the territories because certain vehicle combats are easy on convoys than in Death runs, I have made sure to keep convoys in some of the areas running, I keep going to them, if you don't shoot the main truck, they'll respawn immediately.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Yeah I was nervous when it didn't go up with a vantage point. 

Its shitty that of all trophies 191 locations can fuck up. 

Any other point of no return or challenges to do before anything else? 

God knows how many more game breaking shit is in this game, but having a thread with them all listed would be neat

There is no 'point of no return' that I know of. Straight after earning the Act 4 trophy, I've been clearing everything up because Act 5 is a single mission I believe. I don't think after completing Act 5 anything is locked as many trophy guide say nothing is missable disregarding any bugs.

There is a buggy container close to where the OP mentioned though. Here: https://imgur.com/a/dTN8W6y (you do need to complete Act 2 to access this region though).

I'd suggest trying to get that one as soon as possible because many have experienced problems with it (while having an earlier save in case it is bugged).

Honestly, I feel almost any of the locations in this game could bug but I feel it's very rare but of course you can't risk it too so make multiple 'autosaves' throughout your play.

Other than possible bugs, you should keep most convoys alive until you've completed all the car combat challenges because if every region is at 0 threat, no enemies will spawn rendering it almost impossible. Do yourself a favour and keep some gutgash and jeet convoys alive so you can farm them endgame if needed (farming entails killing all the cars transporting the big truck but DON'T kill the big truck or it'll disappear for good, once all little cars are gone, just fast travel somewhere and they'll spawn with the big truck again). And like OP said, just make sure your scavenging challenge matches up with your statistics (Go to your scavenge challenge whether it's Low Hanging Fruit (5), What's Yours is Mine (13), Picking the Carcass (18), Reaper of the Harvest (191), and add up the total amount of the challenge and compare with your in game statistics to make sure you have correct comparison of location complete.

E.g. If your challenge is What's Yours is Mine and progress is on 7/13. Add the first challenge total to it (Low Hanging Fruit - 5) giving you a total of 12 scavenging locations complete

Or if you're on Reaper of the Harvest and progress is on 51/191, add the first 3 challenge totals to it (5+13+18 = 36). 51+36 = 87 scavenging locations complete.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

That helped so much, so far I'm not missing anything according to statistics. 

I'll be sure to finish this soon enough thanks for the extra help man 

Good to know that reducing threat levels will make challenges impossible which challenges would be null if worst case scenario all threat levels are 0.

That way I can get it out of the way 

Just leave the convoys in Gutgash's territory and/or Pink Eye's. They'll be extremely helpful for Vehicle combat challenges.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Fucking hell man really? Why do you have so many glitches? That's like asking why fallout 3 bugs out for people because it didn't for you. 

Also being condescending about modded consoles because your game didn't glitch is kinda stupid. 

Maybe you should take into account other players have different issues as well as a detailed guide saying it's glitched. 

So is the guide wrong then just because you were lucky enough not to experience them? 

Honestly annoying man please refrain from commenting nonsense just because you had an easy time doesn't mean others will especially with a shutdown involved. 

Acting like that anyways is really irritating to those that have 1. Got the plat and experienced the glitches themselves and helping and 2. Players trying to get information to prevent said glitches. So your input is just plain awful and extremely unnecessary because people are trying to get the platinum and absolutely not even a single soul gives a shit that you didn't experience problems. 

Yes, extremely annoying to see people post with a condescending tone. It looks borderline stupid in some cases when everywhere else it is clear, in black and white, that the game is a bugfest.

" Why do you all have so many Glitches?" - Go ask WB Games, mate. They don't pay me to tell you that.

• Like 4

@NekoRave

There's one Archangel challenge that requieres you to kill any vehicle from Stank Gum's legion.

I'd recommend doing this before finishing Deep Friah's area. I've reduced the threat to 0 and roamed around Gastown / The Dump for around 45min hoping for a spawn.

Maybe just unlucky, but with a threat level higher than 0 the patrols spawned regularly right next to the stronghold.

Most of the archangel / weapon specific car combat challenges can be "exploited" by spawning in a car from the stronghold, calling the Magnus Opus with the flare gun and destroying the first car. Pretty much anything that doesn't require a moving vehicle can be done this way.

• Like 1

Another warning. There is a mission called ''In It For Glory'' i activated it it's close to the ending on Act 4 i believe. I saw Scavenging Locations in the meantime etc. Than it killed me when i didn't follow the tracks for that mission, my stats didn't count those 4 locations, but they dissapeared on the map. So i restarted my save. Just ignore the Scavenging locations if you do that mission.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dev2610 said:

Quick update, I was finally able to do it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3n4n6ST

I combined the method from two videos below, the one that requires sniping blew up only 2 pumps, for the last one I had to use the other video.

Mad Max - Havoc Point Glitch Bypass (Easy Way)

Mad Max Havoc Point glitch solved

What a mighty relief!!

Havoc Point glitched for me too but I was able to complete it with this method. I started a new autosave just before attempting it. I only got 2 of the 3 pumps the first time so I just reloaded the previous save and tried again. I was able to get all three in one shot this time and luckily never lost any progress

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GoosefacedKillah said:

Havoc Point glitched for me too but I was able to complete it with this method. I started a new autosave just before attempting it. I only got 2 of the 3 pumps the first time so I just reloaded the previous save and tried again. I was able to get all three in one shot this time and luckily never lost any progress

That kind of confirms that except the 190/191 scavenging location glitch, all others probably have some workaround. Another one I would like to bring to everyone's attention here is the Insignia glitch, players are reporting to be stuck at 76/77. I just did a count of it, I currently have 39/77. I counted all the camps I haven't gone to yet, hovering over them to see how many insignias each one has, so I am good in that too as all summed up to 77. I would recommend everyone keep an eye out for that one too.

Edited by dev2610
Update

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I always see you commenting sarcastic to other members here on the forums. Why can't you just communicate with respect to others and be kind? Always that negative in you, instead wasting peoples time here with sarcastic comments, why not sharing your tips about the game or some expierence about your platinum journey , than you do something useful here on the game forums.

Not to mention sarcasm can be funny, he just needs to know how to use it lol

• Like 4

Thanks for all the heads up...I'm seriously enjoying this game, so I'm happy I started it before the shut down, but all those bug-talk is driving me nuts! I just copies a safefile to USB that has

- Scrap Crew Challenges finished

- Completed Scavenging Locations tracked corretly

- Insignia tracked correctly

- Buggy Container in Pink Eyes Territory opened

That should be safe as a backup in case I run into anything, right?

Guess I will check out Havoc Point next...

Edited by NoraSilberreif
  • Like 1

Fortunately I have had no door glitches and I have been keeping check of the location statistics. The one glitch I have been able to re-create is the dying while saving a location. This is the one glitch you have to be really careful of. I basically make a new auto save slot everyday I play, just in case. Better rolling back 2-3 hours, than restarting a 50 hour game.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 2:31 PM, dev2610 said:

That kind of confirms that except the 190/191 scavenging location glitch, all others probably have some workaround. Another one I would like to bring to everyone's attention here is the Insignia glitch, players are reporting to be stuck at 76/77. I just did a count of it, I currently have 39/77. I counted all the camps I haven't gone to yet, hovering over them to see how many insignias each one has, so I am good in that too as all summed up to 77. I would recommend everyone keep an eye out for that one too.

Back again. I earned the Up to the Task trophy along with the Looked Everywhere trophy. Thankfully I had no problems regarding stat bugs. I only have the death run trophies left which I'm gonna leave for now as I have been powering through Destiny 2. Thanks for the heads up and congrats on the platinum.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

Back again. I earned the Up to the Task trophy along with the Looked Everywhere trophy. Thankfully I had no problems regarding stat bugs. I only have the death run trophies left which I'm gonna leave for now as I have been powering through Destiny 2. Thanks for the heads up and congrats on the platinum.

You're welcome, thank you and all the best, mate. Once these are done, everything else is extremely easy. I earned the remaining trophies in space of an hour or so.

15 hours ago, ahmwe said:

Any tips for “ please drive faster “ does the Righteous spike has to be default? I tried so many times in the of true achievements but no avail! Any solution??1f3fc.png‍♂️

Yes, man, you have to specifically use that archangel.

This is what I did, I zeroed the threat in Pink Eye's district, Knit Sack, I also reduced the threat at the adjoining area, Rot 'n Rusties to just two minefields, then built this archangel, started from Pink Eye's territory, and drove all the way to Underdune and then back. I did not follow any guide, I tried this method because of one stretch of wide-open road and it clicked, please see if this method helps because it did work for me. If you've reduced the threat in these regions I have mentioned above, you'll not be interrupted by any patrols and can drive smooth, don't forget to use the nitro boost when you hit a sand patch in the middle of the road or at the side and make sure to attempt this only during the day time because the Buzzard patrol is not affected by threat reduction. You can't be slowed down anytime for this challenge.

Edited by dev2610
Just to exchange proper pleasantries
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dev2610 said:

Thank you and all the best, mate. Once these are done, everything else is extremely easy. I earned the remaining trophies in space of an hour or so.

Yes, man, you have to specifically use that archangel.

This is what I did, I zeroed the threat in Pink Eye's district, Knit Sack, I also reduced the threat at the adjoining area, Rot 'n Rusties to just two minefields, then built this archangel, started from Pink Eye's territory, and drove all the way to Underdune and then back. I did not follow any guide, I tried this method because of one stretch of wide-open road and it clicked, please see if this method helps because it did work for me. If you've reduced the threat in these regions I have mentioned above, you'll not be interrupted by any patrols and can drive smooth, don't forget to use the nitro boost when you hit a sand patch in the middle of the road or at the side and make sure to attempt this only during the day time because the Buzzard patrol is not affected by threat reduction. You can't be slowed down anytitme for this challenge.

Got it ، Thank you all ??

• Like 1