RockySanchez666

Internet speed

6 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of changing my internet provider, just curious what's the best speed to have? I use wifi on tablet, ps vita and mobile and wired for tv and ps3, ps4 and sometime next year a ps5, I use internet for streaming like bbc iplayer and itv etc and downloading games, any advice would be appreciated 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RockySanchez666 said:

I'm thinking of changing my internet provider, just curious what's the best speed to have? I use wifi on tablet, ps vita and mobile and wired for tv and ps3, ps4 and sometime next year a ps5, I use internet for streaming like bbc iplayer and itv etc and downloading games, any advice would be appreciated 

Don't know where you live or how good your ISP is but a 20Mbps should be a decent enough speed for your needs. It's cost effective but the only downside is that you may have a limit to how much you can use, so you may need to use sparingly. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My internet SPEED hasnt changed in 20 years. For me its a solid 7ms 100km. Back in the days i had 0.5Mbps and now 300Mbps. Same SPEED.

 

Amount of data per seconds, ask your wallet. At least 100Mbps imo.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, OmerSenpai said:

Don't know where you live or how good your ISP is but a 20Mbps should be a decent enough speed for your needs. It's cost effective but the only downside is that you may have a limit to how much you can use, so you may need to use sparingly. 

I live in england uk, I used to have 100mb till I got told I may need a highter mb cos I play console 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RockySanchez666 said:

I live in england uk, I used to have 100mb till I got told I may need a highter mb cos I play console 

Who the hell told you this? I used to have 100mbit myself and it was perfectly fine. Had to downgrade to 50mbit and still can watch Netflix in 1080p while playing online with the PS4.

So, unless you are heavily using all your consoles at the same time and still want to download stuff with 8mb/s then an upgrade is needed. Otherwise stick with your 100mbit and check prices/plans for higher bandwidth. If it is just a few bucks more expensive then go for it. In the end you will only download faster with the PS4/5 (with PS3 there is a cap; at least for me).

Edited by Bobble_DD
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with PlusNet and on a good day, I can get 50mb+ but most of the time I'm in 45mb range :).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.