Triple Spin tips and guide?

Hello there.

As most of us may know, there is the Triple Spin feature unlocked after beating the game story. It's highly recommended to use it in the Time Trials - as stated in the game right after Triple Spin is unlocked.

Can someone explain how to use it properly? Also, how should it be used in conjunction with slide feature (O button)?

From my experience - I'm trying to hit the square button steadily. I'm also trying to use it with the sliding (with the O button). Using this feature, I'm still missing about 10s for platinum time trial relicts, obtaining gold ones all the time.

I have added the alternative to the slide feature - using the L1 button as sliding with the square button as triple spinning is a bit easier than using the O button, but still my right hand gets stiffen.

Any advice will be appreciated.

• Like 1

Cancelling your slide into a spin is faster than triple spinning because you can do it indefinitely, while the spin builds up the speed after each input, with the first one being a normal spin with no actual velocity gain.

Triple spinning is not useless tho, it's a good way of going faster while you're jumping, since the slide button would cause you to body slam. About the controls, I'd really suggest you assign the spin and slide to L1 and R1, it makes it way easier to jump and spin without ever moving your thumb from the jump button, it's just better.

Edited by LucasDiasC
  • Like 3