Upcoming Trophy levelling changes detailed

Aranea Highwind

The biggest unanswered question is what the new level thresholds will be. If it scales RPG-style continuously (rather than capping the level-to-level difference at level 13) it could be alright.

Personally, I wish the timing were a little better. I'm expecting to hit level 20 tonight, and that'll no longer be an accomplishment.

1 minute ago, NibiNoKitsune said:

The biggest unanswered question is what the new level thresholds will be. If it scales RPG-style continuously (rather than capping the level-to-level difference at level 13) it could be alright.

Personally, I wish the timing were a little better. I'm expecting to hit level 20 tonight, and that'll no longer be an accomplishment.

Yeah, I was at 97% so I just rushed and hit Level 62 just to get one more level for the last time before the system switches over.

56 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

so let me get this straight

as soon as the patch is out il jump from 100 to 999 and be stuck there until PS6 comes out 1f602.png

nah trophies started in ps3 era nothing changed in ps4 era  in ps5 era there is change that means ps 6 era has no change

your stuck with it till the ps7

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PETMAN3000 said:

On PS5 only

Thanks!

That is certainly great news. Many times have i grinded for a trophy wondering if it was bugged. With tracking that problem is gone (assuming it's a trophy that can be tracked, i.e something you have to do more than 1 time)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Has Playstation confirmed that trophy progress will come with the next patch?

Only on PS5, they aren’t adding it to the PS4 or 3 consoles. That was leaked in an article on a French website, it was posted earlier in the thread. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Only on PS5, they aren’t adding it to the PS4 or 3 consoles. That was leaked in an article on a French website, it was posted earlier in the thread. 

Wish it would to PS4 for the sole reason I want to know how close I am in Super Bomberman R! 

43 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

Just change the trophy ping to the Kirby Air Ride checklist chime 2b50.png. There was way more satisfaction from getting the surprise notice that you earned a thing, but just don’t find out what exactly it was until later.

I personally like the crash bandicoot gem earning sound. ?

• Like 1

What if they're just changing the amount of points required between levels, instead of changing values? I mean, it's said on PS Blog that all those who are currently Lv. 12 will be around Lv. 200. How can they say that for sure if trophy values change? They must be using points as reference. Like, Lv. 12 is worth 16,000 points = Lv. 200 will be worth 16,000 points.

The levels don't mean shit at this point. If this was still 2008 - 2012, having a high PSN trophy level actually meant something because a good number of games required effort.

Even Hannah Montana and Terminator Salvation, both of which were regarded as 'joke' platinums, took a hell of a lot more effort to get than a good number of games today.

I think a rarity leaderboard would of been more fit, PSNTrophyLeaders has one but it's leaderboards are completely skewed to where they don't mean much of anything. That website barely gets any activity anyway.

Give the players lacking skill and dedication more rewards, leave the guys who put more effort into their games less convinced to trophy hunt in the first place.

A new experience for fans for the new generation of gaming? More like Pussification of the Trophy System.

Not too happy with this. The new trophy icons are just meh. There was no need to change them from the old ones we currently got.

I wanted changes, but these were not the changes a lot of us were asking for. At least I've been more active on Steam, this may convince me to play on that platform moreso.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Negan said:

Personally I would have preferred it if they'd kept the current system but boosted the cap to Level 200, 300, or whatever. Seeing my trophy level jump overnight from Level 66 to Level 700 or whatever it ends up being is going to feel weird.

Also why 999 and not 1,000? :huh:

They want to make sure you don't die if an enemy casts Lv.4 Death ;)

As for me, this is going to mess with my recently acquired taste for paying attention to which trophies I wanted for my level history (sort of weird milestones probably no one cares about) oh well :dunno:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Azaan60 said:

What a completely pointless update. 

Why can't actually improve the trophy system for once? 

Like adding progress tracking for individual trophies like what Xbox currently does. 

Or the ability to delete games where you've only earned a single trophy. 

Or how about doing something about the trophy hackers. 

But nope here's some shitty looking new icons lmao. 

they confirmed there would be trophy tracking on ps5 but quickly deleted it

5 hours ago, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

They have those already, they’re called difficulty trophies :P 

I mean for games that don't have difficulty trophies. So many choose to put the game on the easiest setting and blast through just for the plat. It'd be nice if the people that actually bother to challenge themselves got something for it.

23 minutes ago, Spaz said:

At least I've been more active on Steam, this may convince me to play on that platform moreso.

You're complaining about everything under the sun trophies becoming too easy and you think your savior is going to be......Steam?

Steam is where achievement spam games were born and still breed, out in the open, with it all hanging out so everyone can watch. It's also VASTLY easier to cheat achievements on Steam than on any other platform and detecting is nearly impossible if the cheater uses their head. It's a constant issue for trackers and hunting communities alike.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

I mean for games that don't have difficulty trophies. So many choose to put the game on the easiest setting and blast through just for the plat. It'd be nice if the people that actually bother to challenge themselves got something for it.

Most people don't care at this point, but I'm one of a select few who still games on the PS3/Vita. How is Sony going to treat the trophies on there? The worst thing that can happen is Sony ending all trophy support for those systems, which will happen inevitably, but it is much too soon.

A trophy tracker is something I wanted to see for years. This entire system is catering to the casuals who just play a few games per year, and for those at the top of the leaderboards so their obsession compulsion disorder goes on high alert status for chasing meaningless PSN trophy levels.

Just a stupid change in my opinion. It literally screams 'Participation Award', give the kids who bitch, piss, moan and complain an award so they'll feel better. It makes good games like Sonic Mania worth even less in trophy value, while all the shitty Ratalaika games reward a platinum, as a matter of fact six platinum trophies if you do all the stacks for some of them.

The new system will just get me caring less. Maybe I'll set a goal for 15,000 trophies or so, get at least a few trophies in every game left on my backlog, then call it quits.

Xbox at least has an achievement tracker and other nifty things, probably because they've been the underdog for the past several years. Sony? Let's ignore the trophy hackers and just pad the trophy system with more bullshit.

2 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

You're complaining about everything under the sun trophies becoming to easy and you think your savior is going to be......Steam?

Steam is where achievement spam games were born and still breed, out in the open, with it all hanging out so everyone can watch. It's also VASTLY easier to cheat achievements on Steam than on any other platform and detecting is nearly impossible if the cheater uses their head. It's a constant issue for trackers and hunting communities alike.

I don't bother with any Steam achievements. I play games on there purely for fun.

Sony in comparison -HAD- a system where it was a bit more fair, and of course the iconic DING sound every time a trophy pops. But with these changes, this makes the system more worthless.

My gaming history goes back far longer than just trophies.

Edited by Spaz