Upcoming Trophy levelling changes detailed

Aranea Highwind

1 minute ago, Jelly Soup said:

As you continually tell us and shoe into every conversation, yes, we know.

I'm just throwing it out there for anyone that thinks I just play games for trophies and achievements. Because you just assumed I played on Steam for the achievements, which I don't at all.

This system doesn't need a change. It needs changes, but the way Sony is handling it, it's for the wrong reasons.

41 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Not too happy with this. The new trophy icons are just meh. There was no need to change them from the old ones we currently got.

Those aren't trophy icons, they replace the gold star next to your current PSN level and denote a specific "tier" for your overall profile level.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Those aren't trophy icons, they replace the gold star next to your current PSN level and denote a specific "tier" for your overall profile level.

They're still icons to me.The old gold star is just fine to me. It just feels slapped together, that's my main complaint with this.

11 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

'URL not allowed' is a pretty impressive level, I've give you that.

Can't click the link? Just write the PSNTL adress there, no idea why PSNP blocks that URL.

BTW people with 950ish plats are at level 930ish

Top 150 will be locked at 999.

Edited by Quink666

3 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

That’s been confirmed multiple times in this thread, every 10 or so posts someone asks the same thing. Lol. Not sure what to think about the new system, wonder what level it’ll put me at. 

Deleted twitter post isn't confirmation. But either way sources say its going to debut on PS5 so I am hoping they add it to previous systems.

13 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Actually, assuming what's written here, I don't like it at ALL. I mean, if plats really do count more (and right now, I'm just going by what's written), this seems to reward the Rat plats (and worse detritus like Little Adventure on the Prairie, etc.) even more than we already do.

I think they're also taking into account rarity? Not sure how that'd work.

1 minute ago, SecondGenesis said:

I think they're also taking into account rarity? Not sure how that'd work.

I thought that at first, but rereading it I don't think they are. I think they are just changing the values of the trophies and increasing a plat's value, as well as changing the gaps between levels.

I wish they would have actually given us the math behind it, lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kittet3 said:

I thought that at first, but rereading it I don't think they are. I think they are just changing the values of the trophies and increasing a plat's value, as well as changing the gaps between levels.

Yeah, makes sense, it's a confusing read lol.

I thought what might happen is, and I guess this is all skill dependent, but something like the DMCV plat would be given a higher point rating by the devs, over something like Road Bustle for example.

18 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Deleted twitter post isn't confirmation. But either way sources say its going to debut on PS5 so I am hoping they add it to previous systems.

Look at the other thread about tracking. It is confirmed, Sony sent out emails about it. Sony is calling if Trophy Tracker and it is exclusive to supported PS5 titles.

4 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

That would be nice, it has always been :bronze: 15, :silver: 30, :gold: 90 and :platinum: 180, but right now i need 5.6 million to next level according to PSNTL.

1 minute ago, SecondGenesis said:

Wait, it's live now?

Only on PSNTL

Edited by Quink666

Just now, Quink666 said:

That would be nice, it has always been :bronze: 15, :silver: 30, :gold: 90 and :platinum: 180, but right now i need 5.6 million to next level according to PSNTL.

Only on PSNTL

3 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

Look at the other thread about tracking. It is confirmed, Sony sent out emails about it. Sony is calling if Trophy Tracker and it is exclusive to supported PS5 titles.

Can confirm, I received the same email.

Ok, I'm 675, from TL 72, according to PSNTL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Can confirm, I received the same email.

Everything I have seen online still says the post have been deleted and not confirmed. Maybe I am not special enough to receive email :(. And it sounds like it isnt coming to PS4 or PS3.

Edited by kdogg_gamer_

26 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

It is though, they probably deleted it because Sony hadn’t officially revealed that yet.