Upcoming Trophy levelling changes detailed

Aranea Highwind

Just now, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Everything I have seen online still says the post have been deleted and not confirmed. Maybe I am not special enough to receive email :(. And it sounds like it isnt coming to PS4 or PS3.

From the email 

PS5™ console Trophy tracker
Just how close are you to earning that rare Gold Trophy?

See what else you need to do before hearing that highly satisfying ‘ding’ sound with the all-new Trophy tracking system in supported games on the PS5™ console.
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I thought that at first, but rereading it I don't think they are. I think they are just changing the values of the trophies and increasing a plat's value, as well as changing the gaps between levels.

I wish they would have actually given us the math behind it, lol

I also would love to know the number... 

By the old system the person above me on the Portuguese leaderboard had about 300 points more than me, by the new one, that person is 4 full levels ahead... 

This inflation on plats value really is annoying for me, since I always considered non-plat games as worth as plat games, now it became absurd to the point of playing non-plat games being a punishment... 

Really, with games like Hitman not having a plat it's quite a sad day for me.. 

• Like 2

It's too fucking early to change. I would of waited until the launch of the PS5 next month to make the changes. This new system just looks outright silly, and non-platinum games are now worth even less.

I guess I'll trophy hunt less sooner rather later.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Yeah only the top 150ish will be at cap. Anyone below 1000 plats will be high but not 999.

The normal people you mean lol

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

It's too fucking early to change. I would of waited until the launch of the PS5 next month to make the changes. This new system just looks outright silly, and non-platinum games are now worth even less.

I guess I'll trophy hunt less sooner rather later.

You remind me of Victor Meldrew 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Why does it matter they did it before you reached 12k?

Because it doesn't make any damn sense. I'm guessing they made this change a month ahead of time since Sony is still working on the PlayStation 5. Retailers are going to be very busy these next few weeks and customers are expected to get their new console in time.

Still, it now basically means trophies are now hyper-inflated. I'll get over it in due time, but this basically jumped out of nowhere and people now have to adapt.

• Like 1

Am I the only one pissed with Sony new changes? 

I'm a trophy hunter, level 100+ and after you get level 100 looks like you start to not give a shit about your level, after all 100 was the maximum you could get. 

I'm pretty sure that some people always had the goal to achieve level 100 on psn. 

When. I heard about this new implementation, I was like.. Cool.. Now I will finally know for sure my true level. But then, Sony just shit with the platinum points and now any casual player is level 100. Me, probably I'm going to be level 999 (and I will get stuck again, like when I achieved level 100)

In my opinion this is a lack of respect with the truly trophy hunters that played and dedicated a lot of time and effort to get to the well desired level 100. Why just don't put from level 0 to 999 and that's it. It would be perfect. 

And I'm not even telling about all the planning that I had to get the uno ps3 gold trophy as my level 100 trophy. Now this was for nothing ?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tranquilu said:

I'm a trophy hunter, level 100+ and after you get level 100 looks like you start to not give a shit about your level, after all 100 was the maximum you could get. 

I'm pretty sure that some people always had the goal to achieve level 100 on psn. 

When. I heard about this new implementation, I was like.. Cool.. Now I will finally know for sure my true level. But then, Sony just shit with the platinum points and now any casual player is level 100. Me, probably I'm going to be level 999 (and I will get stuck again, like when I achieved level 100)

In my opinion this is a lack of respect with the truly trophy hunters that played and dedicated a lot of time and effort to get to the well desired level 100. Why just don't put from level 0 to 999 and that's it. It would be perfect. 

And I'm not even telling about all the planning that I had to get the uno ps3 gold trophy as my level 100 trophy. Now this was for nothing 1f612.png

I'm pissed too, you're not the only one.

This completely screws over the milestones we planned out under the old system. Now I feel like I spent that time and effort in working and having fun at reaching those milestones for naught.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tranquilu said:

And I'm not even telling about all the planning that I had to get the uno ps3 gold trophy as my level 100 trophy. Now this was for nothing 1f612.png

Yeah but Sony never really had the 0,00001% of top trophy hunters in mind. Out of all players on Sony consoles only 150ish will be at max level, Before this change almost 600 people were at max level. Still it sucks for you to be max level again. Can confirm that you are level 999 on PSNTL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quink666 said:

Yeah but Sony never really had the 0,00001% of top trophy hunters in mind. Out of all players on Sony consoles only 150ish will be at max level, Before this change almost 600 people were at max level. Still it sucks for you to be max level again. Can confirm that you are level 999 on PSNTL.

I think Sony could of just expanded going past level 100 while still keeping the old system intact, with more trophy points being required to reach the next level past that threshold.

It looks stupid to see a casual player be at level 100 on PSN when they barely play games at all. According to the new system I'm hovering around the upper 500s in level. This was just poor planning and design on their part.

Changing things for the sake of changing them.

• Like 3

Just now, Spaz said:

I think Sony could of just expanded going past level 100 while still keeping the old system intact, with more trophy points being required to reach the next level past that threshold.

It looks stupid to see a casual player be at level 100 on PSN when they barely play games at all. According to the new system I'm hovering around the upper 500s in level. This was just poor planning and design on their part.

Changing things for the sake of changing them.

I agree, now you will almost always get a new level when you plat a game making every new level feel somewhat insignificant. I always liked hitting a new level with the old system. You needed about 8 games 100%. Atleast it took some effort to reach a new level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quink666 said:

I agree, now you will almost always get a new level when you plat a game making every new level feel somewhat insignificant. I always liked hitting a new level with the old system. You needed about 8 games 100%. Atleast it took some effort to reach a new level.

The introduction of My Name is Mayo and Ratalaika with 36 Fragments of Midnight already devalued the system. Now Sony just devalues it even more.

I might just play some non-platinum titles for the hell of it, because PSN levels don't mean all that much anymore.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I'm pissed too, you're not the only one.

This completely screws over the milestones we planned out under the old system. Now I feel like I spent that time and effort in working and having fun at reaching those milestones for naught.

milestones don't exist outside this and other trophy sites. idk why you're mad sony wouldn't consider something that isn't internal 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Given how it seems, you would gain multiple levels just from fully plating one game, all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mako-heart said:

milestones don't exist outside this and other trophy sites. idk why you're mad sony wouldn't consider something that isn't internal 

Trophy hunters make up a small minority. For most people this update doesn't even concern them in the least.

1 minute ago, Havok_Knight said:

Given how it seems, you would gain multiple levels just from fully plating one game, all the time.

It was already that way with the first several levels under the old system. With the system now you will gain a bunch of levels just doing a couple of games well past level 50 - 100 on PSN.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Havok_Knight said:

From what I have seen, you have to earn a new trophy for it to update. At least I had to for it to change on my PS4

I'm pretty sure he'll be 999 too, is all I'm saying.

I'd be more interested in what spot on this leaderboard is the first non-999.

• Like 1