Upcoming Trophy levelling changes detailed

Aranea Highwind

15 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I tend to agree with this. I’m normally a big believer in “if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it,” but when it comes to the PS trophy system, I’ve actually advocated for a rehaul or rebalancing of the system for awhile. But this was not what I had in mind... after familiarizing myself with the new system, I’m left feeling like this whole change just comes across as completely unnecessary and pointless. Why was any of this necessary?

The new trophy system is not a disaster or anything... it’s just pointless. Most players who have been capped for years and wanted to see the level cap raised are still capped with the update. And for everyone else, levelling up has become such a frequent event now that it’s not even noticeable or meaningful in any way. At least with the old system, gaining a level was something that happened to me every couple months at most, so it kind of meant something.

I was hoping we would start seeing stuff like a trophy tracker like what Xbox does with the achievements, as well as other neat features Sony could of added to enhance the trophy system.

I think at this point, I care a lot more for the rarity leaderboard than I do for the stupid system Sony put in place. I wish somebody on this website would put a direct link, instead of having to find it by typing in a URL address.

On 10/18/2020 at 1:13 AM, Spaz said:

I was hoping we would start seeing stuff like a trophy tracker like what Xbox does with the achievements, as well as other neat features Sony could of added to enhance the trophy system.

I think at this point, I care a lot more for the rarity leaderboard than I do for the stupid system Sony put in place. I wish somebody on this website would put a direct link, instead of having to find it by typing in a URL address.

At least trophy progress tracking is coming to PS5! I agree it is a much needed feature. Honestly, I’d like to see some really small quality of life changes too. It would be nice if everyone’s profile displayed their nationality like PSNP does, as well as your total trophy points. I would love some features that would make it easier to sort your list too, and a search function so you can easily find specific game’s on people’s profile. Just little things like that.

Of course what I really want is an effort from Sony to rebalance the entire system and destroy the ezplat trend now while there’s still time. But this will never happen.

What is this rarity leaderboard you’re talking about? I’d like to check it out.

I nearly had a panic attack when I booted up my ps4 and saw my level 19 shoot to 324 [or something like that.] Now I bumped up two levels in the span of a week .... So is the consensus that everything is weird, right? X3 The levels move up way too fast. I genuinely Don't understand why they had to change everything. 

17 hours ago, Spaz said:

You'll find it here:

https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/rarity

Very cool. First time I’m seeing it. Thanks bud.

The only odd thing is that when I click on any of the profiles on the list, it says their list is possibly private. I can’t view any of them. Hmm.

Edited by dieselmanchild

On 17/10/2020 at 5:43 PM, dieselmanchild said:

I tend to agree with this. I’m normally a big believer in “if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it,” but when it comes to the PS trophy system, I’ve actually advocated for a rehaul or rebalancing of the system for awhile. But this was not what I had in mind... after familiarizing myself with the new system, I’m left feeling like this whole change just comes across as completely unnecessary and pointless. Why was any of this necessary?

The new trophy system is not a disaster or anything... it’s just pointless. Most players who have been capped for years and wanted to see the level cap raised are still capped with the update. And for everyone else, levelling up has become such a frequent event now that it’s not even noticeable or meaningful in any way. At least with the old system, gaining a level was something that happened to me every couple months at most, so it kind of meant something.

I agree back then getting up a level felt satisfying because of how much effort it took. Now that I level up often it just isn’t satisfying anymore and just isn’t fun. In my opinion they should of just removed the cap and make it higher and while they did they also changed how much it takes to level up, it just wasn’t needed. But whatever it doesn’t really ruin much.

Edited by a10j12

On 10/19/2020 at 7:46 PM, Spaz said:

You'll find it here:

https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/rarity

How is that leaderboard calculated?  I seem to have quite a few more ultra rare, very rare and rare trophies than anyone around my point value.  

The guy 1 rank above me:

954 Common, 601 Uncommon, 91 Rare, 15 VR, 1 UR

Me:  

1719 Common, 694 Uncommon, 212 Rare, 110 VR, 33 UR

I'd maybe hazard a guess that the common and uncommon trophies bring your score down, but there's a guy 3 ranks below me that has way more of both of those and a lot fewer of the rare rank trophies, and they're only 1 point behind me.....

I gave the chance a chance got some plats but I think I am done with hunting I am pretty sure on the old system I would be lvl 32 now.

yet if I plat a game I level up pretty much leveling up doesnt eel special at all anymore.  every elvel felt like an achievement for me especialy considering I dont own or nat an ps4 or 5 for that mather and I dont buy digital games either.

the few digital games I did plat where freebees.

for me personaly I dont relay feel like hunting anymore this system pretty much ruined it for me

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 4:27 PM, Lady_Galleth said:

I nearly had a panic attack when I booted up my ps4 and saw my level 19 shoot to 324 [or something like that.] Now I bumped up two levels in the span of a week .... So is the consensus that everything is weird, right? X3 The levels move up way too fast. I genuinely Don't understand why they had to change everything. 

Weird? I down-right hate it.