Upcoming Trophy levelling changes detailed

Aranea Highwind

4 minutes ago, its_ArchroniX said:

I, for one, am very confused with the upcoming changes. Don't really know what was wrong with this system and I don't really think the new system makes a whole lot of sense.

So if I understand correctly my overall trophy level (16 for me I assume) will be raised to, what..... 265 or seomthing? What's the whole point...?

I don't really care for overall level after all though it's a really weird change 1f914.png

The jump seems massive but I am absolutely positive it is to include more people and incentivize users to raise their level. As states the early levels are quick and get slower as time advances. The point is to move through trophy levels "more consistently" and have a "sense of accomplishment" (lul) which is a welcome change IMO as going up a level now takes forever. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Wh...what? Why? So despite adding more levels, they're making it *easier* to hit the cap? Why?

Assuming they are not completely clueless, the scale is not going to be the same. Meaning current 1-100 will not scale directly to 1-999 but rather 1-700 (just an example) and the next 299 levels are extra.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HellcoreFire said:

Remember their Ultra Rare is not the same as here. On PSN probably more than 95% of plats are UR. This is not only directed at trophy hunters but everyone.

yeah exactly and rarity on psn is fucked because of hackers on some games as well...

New Level Calculation Structure

We’ve implemented a new Trophies level calculation system that is more optimized and rewarding. Players will progress quicker through the early levels, and levels will increase more consistently. Platinum trophies will count more toward your level progression, making them even more valuable.

Will PSN Profiles' back end be aware of the calculation change here? Is this automatic? I always thought that the scores behind the individual trophies were sort of "figured out" by the community and not really officially revealed by Sony.

So the picture on the blog post shows someone with 24 plats and 2100-ish trophies at level 294. So there is some new point scaling calculation.

I wonder if the scale plateaus like it does now or does it keep scaling all the way to 999?

PS4FunctionScreen_EN.jpg?resize=1088,612

Edited by Wavergray
  • Like 1

I don't immediately understand the benefit of this change.  Increasing the top level a player can achieve, past 100, is a great idea, but all the other stuff?  I don't really care.  Nothing written here is going to change how I game, or view my profile, or view others' profiles, etc.  

I just thought of the whole notion as taking a page out of Blizzards book with what happend with WOW. I never played WOW but i remember with alot of the later DLC's that they would start players at level 99 to start off with just to give them a feeling of being more involved with people that had been playing for years and not having a level 1 character. So now PS5 comes out in two months. There will be a whole new wave of players that maybe never has a previous playstation console so by making the levels easier to attain it gives them the chance to catch up and feel more included in the community. 

1 minute ago, sparta2008 said:

https://blog.fr.playstation.com/2020/10/07/explication-des-modifications-bientot-apportees-aux-niveaux-de-trophee/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"Track your progress on your PS5 console On PlayStation 5, you will be able to track your progress towards earning individual trophies for compatible PS5 games. For example, sometimes you'll see how many artifacts you have left to collect, or how many Armor Upgrades you need to get before unlocking the Trophy."

french version.

I love that the French blog is the only one mentioning the tracking system

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Actually, assuming what's written here, I don't like it at ALL. I mean, if plats really do count more (and right now, I'm just going by what's written), this seems to reward the Rat plats (and worse detritus like Little Adventure on the Prairie, etc.) even more than we already do.

My thoughts exactly. Well, comes with the times, I guess...