Upcoming Trophy levelling changes detailed

Aranea Highwind

30 minutes ago, HellcoreFire said:

Remember their Ultra Rare is not the same as here. On PSN probably more than 95% of plats are UR. This is not only directed at trophy hunters but everyone.

Your UR overestimation aside, that has little to do with the mixed messaging in the blog post. Rarity does not appear to factor in the trophy leveling changes which makes it strange to bring up at all in this context. 

Edited by ExistentialSolid

19 minutes ago, NeMeSiS850 said:

I believe the point of this change is to give players a greater sense of progression, thus incentivizing them to play more and reach new levels. 

I like the changes and will actually motivate me to try and reach whatever next level in either the number range or the new bronze - platinum ranks.

Some people are just never happy. It’s a change that cost you nothing. If they would have left the system the same way or didn’t change a thing, those same people would be bitching as well. 

Thought about it for a while. Youre right.

Seems like a interesting change. 

At least they notice the trophies and doing something refreshing.

Maybe they will encourage companies to make better trophy lists.. Who knows? :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeMeSiS850 said:

That’s not the new platinum logo. I think people are getting confused. Those logos will replace the generic star that everyone has. Not the platinum trophy logo.

So, depending on the level you are, those logos will be displayed in place of the star currently in place.

What a relief! But still I personally think they should change that platinum level logo. lol 

• Like 2

The trophy levels are pointless even if the cap is 100 or 999 thanks to rata-plats, and I doubt that they will add more value to UR trophies since most gamers doesn't care about trophies but will whine if Sony says that their trophies aren't rare enough...

More interested in the tracking system if it is true...

1 minute ago, shlomaniac said:

Thought about it for a while. Youre right.

Seems like a interesting change. 

At least they notice the trophies and doing something refreshing.

Maybe they will encourage companies to make better trophy lists.. Who knows? :)

It’s a step in the right direction and better than seemingly no update for the system in like 10+ years. 

1 minute ago, Llujei said:

What a relief! But still I personally think they should change that platinum level logo. lol 

Lol Maybe they will 

I got excited too early. I don’t like “For example, if your current Trophy level is 12, your new level will jump to somewhere in the low 200’s.” Thats just really confusing. It makes it look like level 200 is a major accomplishment. I dislike the new trophy icons too but what can we doooo...

15 minutes ago, NeMeSiS850 said:

That’s not the new platinum logo. I think people are getting confused. Those logos will replace the generic star that everyone has. Not the platinum trophy logo.

So, depending on the level you are, those logos will be displayed in place of the star currently in place.

Aaah I misread it too. This is cool then.

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Havok_Knight said:

Posted this earlier and was deleted for some reason even though this is a direct result of the PS5 being released.

Levels will now go up to 999 and come with shiny new icons. Though over all it still serves the same purpose.

Not sure how it will affect the level programming on this site though.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/07/upcoming-trophy-levelling-changes-detailed/

It wasn't deleted. It's just not PS5 specific so it belongs in Playstation Network, where this thread has already been discussing it.

It was merged into this thread.

Just now, DaivRules said:

It wasn't deleted. It's just not PS5 specific so it belongs in Playstation Network, where this thread has already been discussing it.

It was merged into this thread.

Is there a notification button for when that happens? Cause having a thread just vanish without being redirected or informed is a little jarring lol

This is so dumb. Making the cap 999 is great, but if level 12s are now level 200+, they're even closer to the ceiling than before and this didn't actually address anything.

Oh well, at least we get some new icons...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Havok_Knight said:

Is there a notification button for when that happens? Cause having a thread just vanish without being redirected or informed is a little jarring lol

I don't think so. If you look at your profile, you'll still have it in your history, it'll just lead to where it was moved.

I don't think Sony care about the Rat Plats, it's just a little bit of extra money for them (via PSN store cut) if some trophy hunters buy those games to region stack and level up. If they did care I assume it would be possible to have level be a dynamic calculation that takes into account trophy achievement % in addition to bronze/silver/gold/plat rarity. So you could actually go down a smidge if some of your trophies become more common (like in a new game).