Upcoming Trophy levelling changes detailed

Aranea Highwind

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I don't think so. If you look at your profile, you'll still have it in your history, it'll just lead to where it was moved.

Good to know for future reference. If possible could you remove those first two posts since they don't add anything new?

As for the topic, I am curious if PSNP will have issues or be down during the adjustment phase.

2 minutes ago, HusKy said:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10/ps5_trophies_will_come_with_progress_tracking

I checked the French blog post and it's not in there. They probably removed it?

They removed it... I was able to copy it in time for another forum, this is what was in the text:

Suivi de vos progrès sur votre console PS5

Sur PlayStation 5, vous pourrez suivre vos progrès vers l’obtention de trophées individuels pour les jeux PS5 compatibles. Par exemple, vous verrez parfois le nombre d’artefacts qu’il vous reste à collecter, ou le nombre d’améliorations d’armures que vous devez obtenir avant de débloquer le Trophée.

• Like 2

I'm pretty indifferent to this. I personally don't really see the point, and the change is certainly going to be jarring for a while. Wasn't expecting this to take effect basically immediately either (though those us in Europe have to wait till tomorrow apparently).

I wonder how this will affect PS3/Vita. Will your new trophy level appear on there, or will it remain how it's always been?

Edit: If tracking actually is a thing and works like how it does on Xbox One, I'm actually really pleased about that. But I can't seem to find confirmation of it(?) so I don't want to get my hopes up just yet.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 3

I'll have to look around after I get home, before saying I like this or not.
I can appreciate the attempt to get normal players a bit interested in the trophy system though. The more people that think about trophies, the more likely we'll see additional support for trophies in the future.

Well well well.

Sorry for the diary entry, but i've been reading through this and i don't mind the new System.

Some of y'all have to look at this from a different perspective and seeing the bigger Picture. 

For anyone not realising it: they want to encourage new players and people who are stuck on Level 10 to 20 and giving them the feeling of actually leveling up now when they earn a Trophy/ Plat. 

Maybe it'll motivate them now seeing that they have a reasonable Level and are actually progressing through them.

Before they were stuck at one Level forever because they weren't able to earn multiple Platinums (whysoever) 

Perfect example is my older Brother 39 years old. He just plays casually after work, mostly Fifa and few other selected Games. 

He always tells me "ohh I'm just level 13" and that's actually a big factor for him and not motivating him going for any Trophys at all (yes those people exist lol) 

More people think like him than we know of, otherwise Sony wouldn't do this. The bigger the numbers the better i guess. 

I don't mind, as long as it introduces new people to Trophyhunting. That's really cool. The more the merrier ? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MikeCheck-- said:

The jump seems massive but I am absolutely positive it is to include more people and incentivize users to raise their level. As states the early levels are quick and get slower as time advances. The point is to move through trophy levels "more consistently" and have a "sense of accomplishment" (lul) which is a welcome change IMO as going up a level now takes forever. 

wel they get the opposite effect from me when you level up that actualy felt like an acomplishment.

now it  doesnt feel special at all anymore now its more like whatever if you level up

• Like 4

I'll wait for this to roll out later tonight if I am understanding correctly to make my decision on this. Just like when they switched to white for trophy pops. I mostly have stuck with white since they gave the option. 

Sometimes we don't like change to things we are use to. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, YeWeeScumBag said:

so whats everyone's thoughts on the new trophy level system thats being implemented? 

50431685671_f65786458b_h.jpg

I Personally reckon its a good touch and will feel more rewarding ?

it will be LESS rewarding now if you go up a level it feels like you actualy achieved something.

with this new system if you level up its like whatever  a level up feels not special at all anymore.

im lvl 31 which is realy high considering that I dont own an ps4 I dont buy downloads either  so its just vita and ps3.

when I leveled up that felt like an acomplishment of itselfs

now I dont realy care about it anymore it just means you level up every 1 1,5 plats on avarage.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, visvoer18 said:

it will be LESS rewarding now if you go up a level it feels like you actualy achieved something.

with this new system if you level up its like whatever  a level up feels not special at all anymore.

im lvl 31 which is realy high considering that I dont own an ps4 I dont buy downloads either  so its just vita and ps3.

now I dont realy care about it anymore it just means you level up every 1 1,5 plats on avarage.

Yes I understand where your coming from, I just reached level 20 and that felt rewarding for me. I just think something fresh will be exciting and rewarding in it's own way. 

2 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

Well, yeah, but there are also ten new levels now that are clear immediately: the new icons. So a new icon is kinda cool to strive for.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

So will this break the ps3 and vita trophy system? They only mentioned ps4 and ps5. I hope it's just a case of the ps3 not being able to display the new levels.

I guess it depends on how much of a crap they give about their older generation tech really. I mean, you can sorta see why they wouldn't considering the age of the PS3 and VITA, their official retirement and that they are fully focusing on supporting PS4 and PS5 now in tandem.

I would assume they would run on the old trophy system, and when you move to PS4/PS5 it just converts them into new values based on the new system. That or they will make changes to PS3 and VITA Operating Systems much later. I'd wager it's all about the new hotness of the PS5 for them for the forseeable future. But hey, who knows? We'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop