Upcoming Trophy levelling changes detailed

Aranea Highwind

2 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I think some of the reaction here is that people don’t like change. As for me, I’m indifferent to it. I’ve never really cared about my level number and it’s not changing the way that they unlock or anything. So I don’t care one way or the other. It’ll look different, but I’ll get used to it.

And as people have pointed out, this won’t fix the issue with the Ratalaika and Ratalaika-like games. Probably make it more common if nothing else. Still, nobody’s forcing you to play them, so...

On the Discord, Sly said he might change it depending on how much things change. 

it has nothing to do with liking or not liking change now when i level up it feels like I accoimlished something in the new system  I couldnt care less anymore whats the fun in leveling up every game?

it doesnt make you feel proud or like you accomplished something you just dont care anymore they might as well ditch the whole level system now.

either way if it is to get more people in with me they probatly achieved the opposite.

• Like 2

I personally do not like this change. It's inflating the numbers for no reason. I love the incorporation of new icons but the way the leveling system itself works now is just stupid in my opinion. My level will probably be hovering somewhere near 600 & I personally don't like that. They should have just uncapped the trophy level & added the new icons & that's it. Now with the new system it just inflates everyone's level for absolutely no reason other than the fact "haha I got big number now".

The only way I'd see the big levels like that be implemented & work effectively is if the amount of points you get for a trophy was related to its rarity but that'd make the whole bronze, silver, & gold trophy grades obsolete so maybe something like each trophy grade has certain points it'd give you based off the rarity of the trophy itself.

Either way, I think the inflating of the level is a dumb idea.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Reading the ps blog makes it sound like this is happening today. Is that the case or am I reading that wrong?

Late night in America, early morning Europe

18 minutes ago, jackm57 said:

To me this sounds like Sony is saying the lore of trophies

" but soon the ultra rares will fade, and only Ratalaika will remain".

• Like 1

So it means that our ranking in PSNProfiles will change. Platinum trophies will be more valuable, which means that people with more plats and less bronzes will be in a higher level. I wanted that, since I have all my games with 100% or plat and people with thousands of games with bronzes and silvers are better than me in rankings. 

2 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

That's my issue as well. I'm hoping it doesn't break being able to earn trophies on PS3 and PSVita.

I'm also curious as how the level will display on a PS3/Vita or will it not have an effect.

The change will be on all consoles, so likely won’t be an issue

3 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

That's my issue as well. I'm hoping it doesn't break being able to earn trophies on PS3 and PSVita.

I'm also curious as how the level will display on a PS3/Vita or will it not have an effect.

PS3/Vita are going to be supported so... shouldn't break them too much hopefully. I'll check it on the Vita sometime tomorrow (based in the EU).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pottercito_ said:

So it means that our ranking in PSNProfiles will change. Platinum trophies will be more valuable, which means that people with more plats and less bronzes will be in a higher level. I wanted that, since I have all my games with 100% or plat and people with thousands of games with bronzes and silvers are better than me in rankings. 

On the other hand, profiles with tons of Ratalaika games and stacks will have a greater value than many profiles with hard and long plats. 

I would like we have a better organization of stacks in the future because it's just ridiculous some games can have 8+ trophy sets.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

I dont expect plats to be that much more valuable. People with 100s of more trophies than you will probably still be higher rank than you. 

• Like 3

Just now, KR33P3R_KR4FT said:

Looks kinda garbage, I liked the simplicity of 10s of numbers leveling and the level percentage, now we just got BIG numbers and ugly symbols.. They could have did a lot better with this change.

It's more surprising to me that they even went and did this considering trophies were always an after-thought for PlayStation IMO. That said... as a trophy hunter, definitely welcome the change and we probably just need to get used to it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I'm a bit worried about this as well. I'm sure it'll probably be fine, but I don't trust Sony. If it's just a server side thing which I seem to be gathering from the blog (states it will happen "automatically from their system side" or something), then I doubt it will affect anything.

35 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

it has nothing to do with liking or not liking change now when i level up it feels like I accoimlished something in the new system  I couldnt care less anymore whats the fun in leveling up every game?

it doesnt make you feel proud or like you accomplished something you just dont care anymore they might as well ditch the whole level system now.

either way if it is to get more people in with me they probatly achieved the opposite.

Probably helps my view that I play what I want and let the leader boards be damned, so doesn’t change much. But I can see why some people feel the way they do. Don’t get me wrongI want and let the leader boards be damned. But I can see why some people feel the way they do. Don’t get me wrong.

25 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

why do you think that when I read everything they said  thats not what I see in it  at all.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, visvoer18 said:

why do you think that when I read everything they said  thats not what I see in it  at all.

They stated that platinums count more to your progression so yes, it makes EZPZ plat games even more impactful.  Not that I care or know my current trophy level or leaderboard status but yes, the change gives Ratalaika games even more of an impact.

What interests me is if this changes the calculation of trophy completion % on this site?  Are the relative values of gold, silver, and bronze also changing?  If so, our completion % will change.  And will PSNPROFILES start to incorporate platinum points into the calculation?  It currently does not.

Edited by djb5f