Rumor: PS5 will have trophy progress tracking...

peffsi

This was already brought up in the PSN trophy updates Thread, but can stay up here to discuss this specifically impacting PS5. 

I’m thinking this will will only allow PS5 native games to track with specific code developers have to include, so no PS4 games played on PS5 will be able to be tracked. 

5 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

Is it really a rumor if Sony themselves publish it?

Anyway it's nice to see it finally getting added. I hope the "Get 100% completion" trophies get a full progress list in the trophy details.

If they removed it, it can’t be confirmed, so yes. In journalism, if something can’t be confirmed, it’s treated as a rumor. 

• Like 1

Out of the reported changes and rumours, this one is the most needed in my opinion.  Tracking that trophy you think has glitched or if you're worried you missed a collectible is going to be really really handy.

I doubt they'll add it to the older PS4 games that you can play on the new system but with every PS5 game it will be great for everyone.

• Like 3

Glad to see this is finally going to be a feature (or seems very likely anyway). This will help immensely when going for trophies that the game itself doesn't track progress for. No more needing to guess when a trophy is going to pop or worrying if you're not doing something correctly.

glad to hear that they are implementing something we are asking since the PS3, it will help a lot to track progress. They are on a row, this and the great cooling system from the ps5. Let's finger cross for them letting us change our psn contry store now 

Has somebody understand how the level will be computed? i am very confused by the different pictures for bronzes, silvers, golds. Does it suggest there will sub-types of bronzes, silvers and golds ? Or does it concern the global level of hunting?

In addition, what is the value of a bronze, a silver, a gold?

3 minutes ago, djippps said:

Has somebody understand how the level will be computed? i am very confused by the different pictures for bronzes, silvers, golds. Does it suggest there will sub-types of bronzes, silvers and golds ? Or does it concern the global level of hunting?

In addition, what is the value of a bronze, a silver, a gold?

If you're talking about the "Trophy Levels" graphic with 3 different bronzes/silvers/golds and 1 platinum "999", those are just for the icon next to your level. Right now, there is only one icon, the yellow star with a black trophy inside it. So for example, If you are level 300, you will have the first silver icon. If you are level 500, you'll have the third silver icon.

They didn't say what the value of each trophy is. Since this is supposed to be changed starting tonight, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

13 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

Just got an email from Sony about tracking, so it is confirmed. Not sure if this is known beyond the deleted blog entry. 

I haven't seen anyone mention this. Would you mind showing us the text of the e-mail?

• Like 1

Oh God.

'supported games'

The two most important words in this announcement.

Every single title since around 2008 has had the opportunity to have its own endemic Trophy tracking functionality; devs just needed to add it into their own games. I was playing Motorstorm Pacific Rift today, which tracks your progress in one of the menus, to name an example. But how many developers actually went the distance and added tracking features? Speaking about my own library, I can count them on one hand. Even if it was missing the pinky. And the ring finger.

Hopefully the existence of overarching tracking as revealed today will entice more than a few of them to dip in and add tracking, but we will remain at the mercy of the developers (and their budgets and deadlines) as to whether a given game will make use of what Sony is laying out for them here.

Edited by Golem25

1 minute ago, Golem25 said:

Oh God.

'supported games'

Every single title since around 2008 has had the opportunity to have its own endemic Trophy tracking functionality; devs just needed to add it into their own games. I was playing Motorstorm Pacific Rift today, which tracks your progress in one of the menus, to name an example. But how many developers actually went the distance and added tracking features? Speaking about my own library, I can count them on one hand. Even if it was missing the pinky. And the ring finger.

Hopefully the existence of overarching tracking as revealed today will entice more than a few of them to dip in and add tracking, but we will remain at the mercy of the developers (and their budgets and deadlines) as to whether a given game will make use of what Sony is laying out for them here.

Well, apparently the majority of games support achievement tracking on Xbox/Steam, so I'd assume the majority of games would also support it on PS5. 

Unless they have to do some weird extra programming for it.

Sony always says stuff like "supported games" or "the majority of games" to cover their butts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golem25 said:

Oh God.

'supported games'

The two most important words in this announcement.

I thought the same thing. I suppose there are games out there though that don't have anything to track in this manner. This very vague statement could be alluding to those. We don't always have to think the worst.