PSNP Interviews: YaoiGod - Submit Your Questions!

Hello one and all back to Member Interviews!

It's time for our next member interview, today we have the ever present and active @YaoiGod! I would like to remind everyone to have fun, but also, to be respectful =D

Lightning_FinalF.png

You may be asking, who is this person? Well, let's find out. Questions can be submitted starting now until October 17th, 2020. YaoiGod has provided the community a snippet about themselves to help with coming up with questions :)

About Me

Hello people, thanks for having me as your next interviewee! My profile name is Lightning_FinalF, however you can refer to me as my actual handle, YaoiGod. I'm a 23yo gay artist, married and play lots of games. I try to not pigeon-hold myself regarding the genre of the games I play, however I'm absolutely mesmerized by JRPGs and can always rely on them to have a good time....the trophy lists to them though? Masochism. Oh! That describes my trophy list to some degree too. Other than JRPGs, I'm a huge fan of Rhythm games, sunk thousands of hours into the Project DIVA series in total, as a given example.

The first instance of me playing a game is, according to my older sister and brother btw, is Pong on the Atari 2600 (I think?) when i was a teeny weeny boy, probably was an unplugged controller moment but we don't talk about her, so the REAL memory I have of playing a game is Pokemon Stadium on N64, followed by Paper Mario 64. I had no problem being introduced to games or game systems because my older siblings were already gaming, I even have memories of owning Japanese versions of most JRPGs I had as hand-me-downs from them, like Namco X Capcom (can you guess how many times that name will be mentioned in the actual interview? Y'all ain't ready)

My current systems are a PS4 and a Switch, I also play three mobile games, two of which are rhythm games. I had a PS Vita but after the pandemic happened, I had to sell it at some point to survive at the time, and now I miss it. She will be missed.

I started trophy hunting around 2011-2012 (because surprise I buy my systems late to the game), and it was on an old PSN profile that I ended up ditching a year after for this current one. We don't talk about her either.

My first platinum was Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 I think, so thank that for igniting that itch in me (there's probably a cream for that).

Interview setup 

The setup for all PSNP interviews will be as follows:

1. After the new interviewee has been revealed, the PSNP community will have 10 days to ask their questions. While the community is coming up with questions, the interviewee has the time to work on the 16 standard questions
  2. After those 10 days, those question along with the standard question will be sent to the interviewee.
  3. The interviewee will have another 7 days to answer as many of the questions as they want.
  4. Once the interviewee has finished answering the question, I will post the whole Interview in a new thread.

How to be a Interviewee

If anyone wants to be interviewed all they have to do is say they would like to be added on the interview signup thread. After that the member will be added to the list of potential interviewees.

List of questions

Standard Questions

1. How did you come up with your PSN name?
  2. What games convinced you get your PlayStation 3, Playstation Vita, and PlayStation 4?
  3. What are your top 5 game series and why?
  4. What are your top 5 games and why?
  5. Which unreleased game(s) are you looking forward to the most and why?
  6. Do you have any other hobbies outside of gaming?
  7. Top 5 TV shows, Movies, and/or anime, why, and would you recommend them to people?
  8. Top 5 favorite music bands/group/artists/composers/ost?
  9. Your favorite platinum and why?
  10. Your least favorite platinum and why?
  11. Have you ever been tempted to switch over to the Xbox/Nintendo/PC gaming ecosystems?
  12. If you could have one game from any gaming generation be remade or re-released, which one would it be and why?
  13. How far are you willing to go for a platinum?
  14. What feature (besides backwards compatibility) do you think the next console generation should have?
  15. What is your favorite thing about PSNP?
  16. What is your least favorite thing about PSNP?
  17. Is there anyone in the PSNP Community you would like to give a shout out too and if so why?

PSNP Community Questions (updated periodically)

The list below contains the question from the PSNP community:

1. Your country on PSN is Saudi Arabia and you say you are gay, do you actually currently reside in Saudi Arabia or is it your country of origin?
  2. What's your favorite Pokemon and why?
  3. Any games you'd recommend for switch owners?
  4. As an artist, what are your thoughts on the below drawing I doodled on a sticky note as I waited for reports to run at work? (image will be here for the interview, for now, just observe the image posted in the thread)
  5. Knack 2 when?
  6. When the Interview Project was approved to come back, what were your thoughts? Were you hopeful? What do you think would improve this project?
  7. Do you play online games or co-op games with friends? 
  8. What was your favourite part about platting Sorcery Saga?
  9. Out of the five guides you've written, which are you the most proud of?
  10. What's it like to live in or close to a desert if you do. If not - how'd  you think it'd feel like?
  11. How did you get into Project DIVA? Did anyone introduce you to it?
  12. What would you say is your proudest "Perfect" across the series?
  13. Are you competitive on the Future Tone leaderboards?
  14. For Future Tone specifically, do you use "macros" (in-game custom button mapping) for holds and tricky note patterns?
  15. Which game in the series have you sunk the most time into?
  16. Have you dabbled with the Edit mode (custom PV/chart creation tools) in F or F 2nd? 
  17. From the god himself, which is the best yaoi?
  18. What do you think about this new level system? 

19. If you were to write a yaoi with one videogame character in it, which character would you throw in? 

20. What weird food combinations do you enjoy?

How do you feel about the handling of the pandemic? Do you feel that anything could've been better executed to handle this?

Edited by Dreggit
  • Like 3

Your country on PSN is Saudi Arabia and you say you are gay, do you actually currently reside in Saudi Arabia or is it your country of origin? In that country I believe being openly gay is illegal, so I am curious if putting it as your country is a joke or a true representation of your location. If this is too controversial of a question then a moderator is free to delete it.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 4

As always, I got some questions and a 100 MPH curveball

- What's your favorite Pokemon and why?

- Any games you'd recommend for switch owners?

- As an artist, what are your thoughts on the below drawing I doodled on a sticky note as I waited for reports to run at work? Feel free to make critiques, compliments, suggestions for my next work, etc... I can take it!

nleDvOM.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sergen said:

Your country on PSN is Saudi Arabia and you say you are gay, do you actually currently reside in Saudi Arabia or is it your country of origin? In that country I believe being openly gay is illegal, so I am curious if putting it as your country is a joke or a true representation of your location. If this is too controversial of a question then a moderator is free to delete it.

Don't mind answering at all so no need to remove it or anything ?

Edited by YaoiGod
Forgot the "no" because i'm dyslexic
  • Like 1

Woo! A fellow Project DIVA fan! I don't get the opportunity to meet many other fans so I had to ask a bunch of questions but feel free to toss any out if it's a bit much!

How did you get into Project DIVA? Did anyone introduce you to it?
What would you say is your proudest "Perfect" across the series?
Are you competitive on the Future Tone leaderboards?
For Future Tone specifically, do you use "macros" (in-game custom button mapping) for holds and tricky note patterns?
Which game in the series have you sunk the most time into?
Have you dabbled with the Edit mode (custom PV/chart creation tools) in F or F 2nd? 

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 1

1. Based on your name, I assume you like manga. What's your favourite manga of all time? (In general, because there is a yaoi-specific question already).

2. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a weeb are you?

3. Have you ever been abroad?

4. What contry/countries would you like to visit?

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 1

1. Do you have any upcoming guides or games you'd like to write a guide on?
  2. Do you play an instrument? 
  3. Will you ever try to get a VITA again, or maybe even a PS3?
  4. Is there any game that will forever haunt your nightmares?
  5. Is Pineapple on pizza a sin or a blessing?
  6. Trails of Cold Steel 3 when? 
  7. What would you say is a good "entry game" for anyone looking to get into JRPGs?
  8. What is your opinion on the Atelier Series?
  9. To my surprise, I noticed you only have 1 of your 4 Persona dancing games platted. Is there a reason for that?
  • Like 1