How are items earned now?

x_Powerslave

4 hours ago, x_Powerslave said:

Guides seem outdated now. Can you still earn items through a no-bots exhibition? Casual? Competitive? I am a little confused now.

I have the Stocked trophy by trading, just need one more car for car collector. Not sure how long it will take now.

Nope, nope, and nope.  They heavily nerfed item acquisition.  Now, the only way to get items is to level up to certain ranks on your rocket pass and to complete certain challenges (like weekly, seasonal, and special events like Llama-rama). Unfortunately,  f2p players will receive far less items from these methods.  

The trophy for the cars will unlock if you delete game save data (from settings..etc) and then reload the game and complete tutorial. Then trophy will pop. The trophy for collecting items will unlock if you trade back and forth 150 items (just did it yesterday). Be aware your km run will be reset if you delete save, so keep it for last trophy or back up your save and then delete new save and bring back the original one. (works as that is what i did by saving original save at ps plus cloud).

IN ORDER to be able to trade, you either need to have played before free to play version or buy 500 credits or 500 esports token, around 5 euro from store. Upon purchasing them you will be allowed to trade. Try trading before that and you will see that a message will pop up saying the exact same thing. Both players should have done the above to be able to trade.

In order to get a certified item you need to ... i have no idea, i am still searching for that :P. Message me if you find out :D

PhoenixPerson_.png

13 hours ago, PhoenixPerson_ said:

The trophy for the cars will unlock if you delete game save data (from settings..etc) and then reload the game and complete tutorial. Then trophy will pop. The trophy for collecting items will unlock if you trade back and forth 150 items (just did it yesterday). Be aware your km run will be reset if you delete save, so keep it for last trophy or back up your save and then delete new save and bring back the original one. (works as that is what i did by saving original save at ps plus cloud).

IN ORDER to be able to trade, you either need to have played before free to play version or buy 500 credits or 500 esports token, around 5 euro from store. Upon purchasing them you will be allowed to trade. Try trading before that and you will see that a message will pop up saying the exact same thing. Both players should have done the above to be able to trade.

In order to get a certified item you need to ... i have no idea, i am still searching for that :P. Message me if you find out :D

PhoenixPerson_.png

Yeah, I tried that whole delete saved data and even re-installed the game and I cannot get that trophy to pop for the life of me. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 10:06 PM, x_Powerslave said:

Yeah, I tried that whole delete saved data and even re-installed the game and I cannot get that trophy to pop for the life of me. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Hmmm i am sorry to hear that. I have given the same advice to a couple people i met while boosting this game and they earned the trophy.

After deleting the save, when you open the game you go to the tutorial where you have to play a 2min i think game before reaching the main menu of the game, right? If yes then i do not know how to help you. If not then you are not deleting the correct save file. I will guide you through the option but let me know. Sorry for the late reply, i was not expecting a reply here. Message me on PSN for anything.

On 8/10/2020 at 1:44 AM, Tempestad_cl said:

Do blueprints count as items? I earned lots of them just by playing.

they do, i got the trophy for 5 items with just one topper and 4 blueprints a while ago.

they are really hard to get! in casuals you only get blueprints every 6 to 7 games, and i believe 6 to 7 games on competitive but you'll earn items here as well.

• Like 1