How many platinums do you need for 999?

mvpeast

Okay so I lost a lot of levels from this update. That means getting the platinum badge will cost even more money and it’s absolutely ridiculous.. I was almost 85 now bumped down all the way to 734.

I don’t like this update at all personally because there are even more reasons to play 1-hour platinums now if you want to reach that cap.

It’s just not worth it. Only a couple hundred people in the whole world will get that platinum badge and for what. It’s just suffering.

Edit: Ok so level 130 old level = 900 new level. The guy has 800 platinums. So it’s safe to say that platinum rank level 999 need at least 1100-1200 platinums to reach.

Final Edit: I finally reached level 999 on 12/20/2022! It took me more than 11 years to max out and it’s been a long journey from Vita to PS5.

Edited by mvpeast
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You've only been spending money to get to higher trophy levels?

Chasing trophy levels has always required spending money. Games aren't free unless you steal borrow from your friends.

I don't think anyone one has posted the new breakdown on level points yet, but I suspect we'll see that tomorrow. Then someone will inevitably plot the least expensive and fastest path to 999.

Trophy hunting is not cheap. Now it will cost even more money to reach the cap. I already feel like giving up because I wasted too much time and money. Also, I started trophy hunting way too late unlike people that played for more than 12 years. I took at least 4-5 years off as well so It’s impossible to catch up anything at this point. It’s only frustrations.

Edited by mvpeast
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Sounds like something you've been forcing yourself to do and not something you've ever enjoyed.

Trophy hunting is just trying to achieve trophies. That part doesn't have to be expensive. Chasing leaderboards is expensive, but I don't equate that to trophy hunting.

People force themselves to do different things. I play other games for “enjoyment” only like Monster Hunter but trophy hunting is another thing that I do. I just want to reach that cap because I already started it so I gotta finish it. Now this update is pushing me even further away from that goal and I feel very exhausted. I need at least like 300-400 more platinums now. It’s just too much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

I say this seriously, you should consider whether you're really okay with what you're forcing yourself to do, because it doesn't sound like you are.

Look you will understand if you are close to that cap. You just want to finish it. I needed like 100 platinums before, now at least 300-400. That’s 4 times the platinums. It’s too much.

1 minute ago, JediOniram said:

I have to ask, what's the point of being at the max?  Would you put your Playstation(s) in a closet and never play them again once you get there?  This system has existed, for years, unchanged.  There is a new console generation around the corner and they want people to continue to grow their collection for years.  I was only level 26.  Now I'm 394.  I never though of level 100, nor will I think of 1000.  I'll never be there.  I understand I don't have the same viewpoint as you, but genuinely.  Why is hitting max important?

It’s not important. I just want to be able to “complete” something. I play on steam too but I don’t do achievements on it at all.

Maybe because I really like ps5 and I want to welcome it with max cap then I will finally be able to enjoy games. 

But it’s impossible for me now. I will probably settle with gold 3 rank and be done with it. 

My beef is that I enjoyed the slog and the reward I've felt from a new level every few months. My new level translates into almost more than 2 a week since I started playing. That makes each level feel so empty.

Edited by Ammadeus33
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

idk man, seems pretty pointless to me, especially if you are not having fun. That's the problems trophies have on some people, they do it just for the trophy when it should be about playing games you enjoy

Yeah it’s pretty pointless. Trophy hunting is pointless and we all know that.

1 minute ago, SNACH2497 said:

Friend just Went from

911 62% to 911 98%

With one Rata game.

10 gold, 4 silver, 1 plat

1-hour platinum game companies gonna get rich from this update.. I just don’t know what a Sony is thinking anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mvpeast said:

1-hour platinum game companies gonna get rich from this update.. I just don’t know what a Sony is thinking anymore.

Absolutely right. Also, don't listen to what anyone says to you about your trophy hunting journey. Do whatever you want, whatever makes you happy. It drives me crazy too, but makes me happy like crazy as well. Enjoy. ?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SNACH2497 said:

Absolutely right. Also, don't listen to what anyone says to you about your trophy hunting journey. Do whatever you want, whatever makes you happy. It drives me crazy too, but makes me happy like crazy as well. Enjoy. 1f44d.png

I just can’t wait for the ps5.. I can finally play games for fun because of the increased performance.

5 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I dunno, they still are targeting the same audience.  Not sure that it will really grow much.  Although I guess people who stopped buying because they were at max level will buy more, so I suppose there could be a growth.  Probably not that big of one.

I'm surprised that sitting at max level will make you feel free to play games you want.  For me it's the opposite.  When I play a game, getting to max level is the goal because it means everything is unlocked or whatever, and now I can "have fun".  Games where max level doesn't do anything other than end the journey tell me "now you can move on".  Although, I hope you can still enjoy the PS5.  I think we're in for some great experiences, and I hope you find a way to enjoy them!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JediOniram said:

I dunno, they still are targeting the same audience.  Not sure that it will really grow much.  Although I guess people who stopped buying because they were at max level will buy more, so I suppose there could be a growth.  Probably not that big of one.

I'm surprised that sitting at max level will make you feel free to play games you want.  For me it's the opposite.  When I play a game, getting to max level is the goal because it means everything is unlocked or whatever, and now I can "have fun".  Games where max level doesn't do anything other than end the journey tell me "now you can move on".  Although, I hope you can still enjoy the PS5.  I think we're in for some great experiences, and I hope you find a way to enjoy them!

I was so close to level 100. So I just wanted to finish it. This new system gonna put back to square one.

31 minutes ago, JediOniram said:

I have to ask, what's the point of being at the max?  Would you put your Playstation(s) in a closet and never play them again once you get there?  This system has existed, for years, unchanged.  There is a new console generation around the corner and they want people to continue to grow their collection for years.  I was only level 26.  Now I'm 394.  I never though of level 100, nor will I think of 1000.  I'll never be there.  I understand I don't have the same viewpoint as you, but genuinely.  Why is hitting max important?

The trophy system was implemented in 2008 as a response to Xbox introducing their achievement system back in 2005. 12 years is all, and I've been gaming for far longer than some people on these forums have been alive.

What I'm upset with was this change was sudden. There was no warning, no notification, no message in our inbox telling us there will be a change to this system.

Now if they were going to introduce this change right with the launch of the PS5 I would of been happier about this. There will be a lot happening between now and the launch of the new console, so logically, I think it would of made sense to prepare people ahead of time that there will be a new trophy system implemented to try to convince new people to hunt for trophies. Realistically, trophy hunters have always been a small minority. Out of dozens of friends I've had in person who play or had played on the PS4, only one or two of them cared about trophies.

I don't know why Sony implemented this change now. Nobody knows. But it was just stupid to just throw this out there and suddenly most of everyone has PSN levels in the hundreds. Having level 999 be given a platinum trophy image is just the shit icing on the cake.

Now any casual player can easily reach PSN level 100. Now this just makes it where gaining levels feels empty and utterly pointless.

• Like 3

Just now, Havok_Knight said:

Sony: We must appeal to our consumers and make them feel a better sense of accomplishment by making level gains easier all around and more plentiful as they gain more trophies

People Trying too Hard: F*ck this shit I'm out

I wish I’m trying too hard. I really only hunted trophies for like 2 years. I took 4-5 years break so I consider myself a casual trophy hunter because I don’t know how to farm trophies efficiently and started doing it way too late. I started with vita, played a few ps3 games and just ps4 only.