How many platinums do you need for 999?

mvpeast

2 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I am done chasing the leaderboard. I just want to get level 800 and be done with it. 999 is way too much for me.

I never saw the point in the first place, but that's just me. Still, having such a high level now just makes the number meaningless.

Going from 500 something to 600 something, should I honestly give a damn about that? Hell no.

Just now, Spaz said:

I never saw the point in the first place, but that's just me. Still, having such a high level now just makes the number meaningless.

Going from 500 something to 600 something, should I honestly give a damn about that? Hell no.

Trophy hunting is becoming more and more pointless. This update ruined everything for me. I was only 15 levels away from the cap. Now it’s an unreachable goal.

Just now, mvpeast said:

Trophy hunting is becoming more and more pointless.

It's not just PSN levels, it's also the mentality that I have to get a bunch of easy games done to reach a respectable rank on the leaderboards.

People don't want challenge, they want stuff handed to them. And that is the world we live in today.

14 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

No, you're looking at it wrong. Once you hit level 300, it's all the same points to go to the next level, all the way to 999. It's not just about previous level and new level. The points for platinums changed from 180 to 300.

You need more points to gain a level so it’s the same like getting less exps coz u need 2 games per level, then 3 games per level, etc.

The lower level u have, the easier it is to level up. It’s very unfair for high level players but nobody cares anyways.

Edited by mvpeast

Just now, mvpeast said:

You need more points to gain a level so it’s the same like getting less exps coz u need 2 games per level, then 3 games per level, etc.

The lower level u have, the easier it is to level up.

Only up to level 300, then it's the same points each level. And it's not about the games as a whole because each game is going to have different point values. 

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Only up to level 300, then it's the same points each level.

Doesn't really make sense to offer the same points for the next 699 levels. Every so often the number of points required to reach the next level should increase. The old system offered the same points each level as well after a certain point. Having to earn more trophy points to reach the next level would of made the 100 milestone a lot more tempting to go after for these people who are trophy hunting for the numbers. Level 999 could of been an absolutely insane mark to go after. Well it still for us "normal folk", but you definitely wouldn't be seeing as many guys at that threshold.

Edited by Spaz

Just now, Spaz said:

Doesn't really make sense to offer the same points for the next 699 levels. Every so often the number of points required to reach the next level should increase. The old system offered the same points each level as well after a certain point. Having to earn more trophy points to reach the next level would of made the 100 milestone a lot more tempting to go after for these people who are trophy hunting for the numbers.

You don't have to convince me of anything, I'm not defending the trophy system. I was trying to explain that it isn't what you're describing, the way you think it should be, because that's how they are claiming it is when it isn't.

Just now, DaivRules said:

You don't have to convince me of anything, I'm not defending the trophy system. I was trying to explain that it isn't what you're describing, the way you think it should be, because that's how they are claiming it is when it isn't.

The trophy system is totally screwed up now. It’s confusing, pointless and worthless. What a stupid update that does nothing but to frustrate a lot of people.

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I know how the trophy system works. I just don't have to like it. Could always find another hobby to occupy my time with.

I really don't get why people are complaining now, the numbers for everyone are bigger... so what? Why are people seemingly genuinely upset and distressed by this, even if you had a vested interest in the leaderboards I don't understand how making everything bigger causing a big issue?

Am I missing something? 

4 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

I really don't get why people are complaining now, the numbers for everyone are bigger... so what? Why are people seemingly genuinely upset and distressed by this, even if you had a vested interest in the leaderboards I don't understand how making everything bigger causing a big issue?

Am I missing something? 

It's not just making the number bigger. It's much harder to level up as a high level now. So you can be level 40 then get promoted to level 500 so easily while someone is level 90, they only get to like level 700. It's a very very bad update for high level players.

level 40 should be level 400? --> reality: 500

level 90 should be level 900? --> reality: 700

Edited by mvpeast

Am I missing something? 

It's a pointless change. In real life I'm just entertaining myself with all the buttload of comments that have poured in since Sony announced the new trophy system.

The numbers were pointless to begin with.

1 hour ago, Berzerkgod313 said:

Exactly, i care more if you have the Super Meat Boy plat then 1000 1 hour plats, anyone could do that if they have no wife, kids, job. I personally play the games i want to play, never worry about the trophy level, i have 175 plats, but couldn't tell you if i'm level 10, 25, 50? whats the point of having a number showing you the number of shitty games you've completed? i've completed 175 games that i've enjoyed and am proud of (albeit maybe 2 or 3),but id rather that then 1000 games i didn't, and there's not a single person who will reach that cap by only playing games they like, its impossible (unless your sadistic and actually enjoy all those shitty games) so anyone who has that platinum icon that everyone's so worried about, only tells most people that you have no life, enjoy shitty games, and enjoy wasting money (which by all means is fine if that's what you want, but just putting it out there). 

I tend to agree with you. The PSN level never meant that much to me, and will mean even less now. It's just something that rose over time as I enjoyed playing the games I wanted to play and hunting their trophies along the way.

I try to think of trophy hunting to be about the individual games and their individual lists rather than just collecting a huge number of trophies. Otherwise it just becomes about numbers and numbers are boring.

That's not to say I've gotten trophies from games I didn't like. Telltale's Game of Thrones and the PS+ VN Amnesia: Memories are examples of games I didn't care for and just let run on auto with only the necessary input to complete them. But these are the exception rather than the rule. 

Just now, mvpeast said:

It's not just making the number bigger. It's much harder to level up as a high level now. So you can be level 40 then get promoted to level 500 so easily while someone is level 90, they only get to like level 700. It's a very very bad update for high level players.

Why? The distance between the two players hasn't changed, just the distance between levels has changed somewhat. It's still gonna take the same time/trophies for them to catch you, and, chances are you're still going at a quicker pace that them so in general the gap will only increase regardless. 

Anyways, if you're bothered about leaderboards and having a high level, why are you looking down? Shouldn't you be focused on looking up and being 'closer' to the people who are higher than you? After all, it's apparently an even worse update for them right? 

Also, for reference, I was level 72 and went to 680, so I don't think that someone at 90 would only be 700. 

13 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I know how the trophy system works. I just don't have to like it. Could always find another hobby to occupy my time with.

I know you know how it works. I was explaining to the OP, who doesn't, when you replied to me about how it should change. That's not helping the OP understand how it currently works.

Just now, zajac9999 said:

Why? The distance between the two players hasn't changed, just the distance between levels has changed somewhat. It's still gonna take the same time/trophies for them to catch you, and, chances are you're still going at a quicker pace that them so in general the gap will only increase regardless. 

Anyways, if you're bothered about leaderboards and having a high level, why are you looking down? Shouldn't you be focused on looking up and being 'closer' to the people who are higher than you? After all, it's apparently an even worse update for them right? 

Also, for reference, I was level 72 and went to 680, so I don't think that someone at 90 would only be 700. 

I'm just giving you an example. It's so much easier for lower level to get "similar" level to a higher level now. It's just stupid and pointless update.

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

It's a pointless change. In real life I'm just entertaining myself with all the buttload of comments that have poured in since Sony announced the new trophy system.

The numbers were pointless to begin with.

Whilst I don't know the purpose of the change from Sony's perspective, obviously there was one. I just can't see the difference it makes to the current trophy infrastructure, other than plats are worth more now which could change things slightly for some people. I'm a bit surprised some people seemingly let their lives get upended so easily by little things like this lol. 

2 minutes ago, darkrequiem7 said:

I try to think of trophy hunting to be about the individual games and their individual lists rather than just collecting a huge number of trophies. Otherwise it just becomes about numbers and numbers are boring.

That's pretty much how I go about it now. I already did My Name is Mayo, Orc Slayer, Adams Venture Origins, Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space and other 'trash' games so I can say I tried the numbers thing. Didn't work out.

Playing Call of Duty on Veteran and overcoming a challenge will always be more satisfying to me. That's not to say I won't try an easy point and click now and then, but I won't just do them solely for the trophies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

Whilst I don't know the purpose of the change from Sony's perspective, obviously there was one. I just can't see the difference it makes to the current trophy infrastructure, other than plats are worth more now which could change things slightly for some people. I'm a bit surprised some people seemingly let their lives get upended so easily by little things like this lol. 

It's much harder and near impossible to reach the cap now. That's how frustrating it is. Old cap used to be level 100. Now it's like level 160 (old system). It's just way too much.

3 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

But it's less similar now, the numbers are further apart... 

level 40 --> level 500

level 85 --> level 700

They look very similar to me

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I know you know how it works. I was explaining to the OP, who doesn't, when you replied to me about how it should change. That's not helping the OP understand how it currently works.

Okay my bad.

It's mostly changing how the leveling works and making the platinum trophy itself get more points. If they changed how bronze/silver/gold trophies were handled and changed how trophies are judged in terms of rarity, I would probably break a blood vessel.

Just now, mvpeast said:

It's much harder and near impossible to reach the cap now. That's how frustrating it is. Old cap used to be level 100. Now it's like level 160 (old system). It's just way too much.

I think it just takes more time now, its not harder. Just gotta play more Rata stuff to get there haha. :P Isn't reaching the cap a bit anticlimactic though? I'm rather have somewhere to go and some way to progress and improve. 

I dont understand why would you want to reach the cap at all. Im not looking forward to never seeing my rank increase ever....

at first when i was halfway through the news i figured they finally moved the cap to 999. Meaning even our nr 1 could start leveling again... in the end they just changed the system so we level more in general. Which is fine. But maybe they should add something to the ranking. Like reach the cap and be able to start at lvl1 but but have this special thing in front of your name.... or have your psn id in golden letters and the next time you do in platinum letters.... now that would give me a reason to want to level more and more which is nice

also I especially dont get the its now impossible to reach cap talk... are yall on your deathbed ? Is ps4 your last console ? I mean i started my trophy hunt when i created my account 7 years ago for ps4. I plan to play through the next gen as well. Probably the one after etc... gotta have something to there as well dont we ?

Edited by BigDoggNL

I think it just takes more time now, its not harder. Just gotta play more Rata stuff to get there haha. :P Isn't reaching the cap a bit anticlimactic though? I'm rather have somewhere to go and some way to progress and improve. 

It's not worth the money and time. I need like another 80 levels to max the cap. That's like 700 platinums. I'm definitely not gonna do it.

14 minutes ago, Spaz said:

That's pretty much how I go about it now. I already did My Name is Mayo, Orc Slayer, Adams Venture Origins, Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space and other 'trash' games so I can say I tried the numbers thing. Didn't work out.

Playing Call of Duty on Veteran and overcoming a challenge will always be more satisfying to me. That's not to say I won't try an easy point and click now and then, but I won't just do them solely for the trophies.

That's what I'm gonna do as soon as my PS5 arrives. I'm done chasing the leaderboard because it's pointless and worthless. My goal now is level 800 to get gold 3 star then I'm done. 999 is out of my reach and I'm not even gonna attempt it. That's a lot of money and time wasted.

7 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

It's not worth the money and time. I need like another 80 levels to max the cap. That's like 700 platinums. I'm definitely not gonna do it.

That's what I'm gonna do as soon as my PS5 arrives. I'm done chasing the leaderboard because it's pointless and worthless. My goal now is level 800 to get gold 3 star then I'm done. 999 is out of my reach and I'm not even gonna attempt it. That's a lot of money and time wasted.

I just noticed you're 12 levels higher than me (old levelling system) but I have 7000 more trophies than you, due to all the 12 trophy Rata stacks that you've done. I knew they were filled with golds but I've never seen it displayed so obviously before haha.  :o