How many platinums do you need for 999?

mvpeast

6 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

I just noticed you're 12 levels higher than me (old levelling system) but I have 7000 more trophies than you, due to all the 12 trophy Rata stacks that you've done. I knew they were filled with golds but I've never seen it displayed so obviously before haha.  :o 

I only hunted trophies for 2 years man. It's impossible for me to level up because I took 5 years off if you look at my trophy history. It's like asking me to compete with someone that played 12 years from ps3, ps vita, to ps4. It's impossible.

3 minutes ago, UndamagedVirus said:

Yikes my guy 

Why do you "need" to hit the cap? 

It's just a goal that I want to reach. But it's impossible for me now.

4 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I only hunted trophies for 2 years man. It's impossible for me to level up because I took 5 years off if you look at my trophy history. It's like asking me to compete with someone that played 12 years from ps3, ps vita, to ps4. It's impossible.

You're missing the point completely, I'm not asking you to compete with anyone.

I'm pointing out that I noticed a stat and was surprised, that's all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I mean you want to hit the cap but I think your going about it the wrong way. 

It's sounding like you don't enjoy it. 

If you don't I suggest you stop bud. 

Just now, UndamagedVirus said:

I mean you want to hit the cap but I think your going about it the wrong way. 

It's sounding like you don't enjoy it. 

If you don't I suggest you stop bud. 

I am definitely gonna stop and give up now because the goal is unreachable. Only top 150 people in the whole world have level 999.

In my opinion, the cap is pointless and shouldn’t exist. It only serves as a way to make platinums the main focus. Which isn’t the best way to judge, considering many games still release without a platinum.

Once you hit that cap, be it 100, or 999... then the only thing that really stands out, is that platinum count.

They should have kept the scoring how it was and increased the level to 999, or they should have some form of prestige/devotion rank. So once you hit that cap, you get an icon added that shows the number of times you’ve hit the cap... then it resets back to level 1.

You have people like Hakoom who was instantly at level 999 when it changed. Had they not changed the scoring he’d be level 366 and be able to work his way towards the new cap.

If you’re going to increase the level cap, but then change the scoring so that people are already maxed out anyway, then the change seems pointless.

3 minutes ago, GizMo_The_Great said:

In my opinion, the cap is pointless and shouldn’t exist. It only serves as a way to make platinums the main focus. Which isn’t the best way to judge, considering many games still release without a platinum.

Once you hit that cap, be it 100, or 999... then the only thing that really stands out, is that platinum count.

They should have kept the scoring how it was and increased the level to 999, or they should have some form of prestige/devotion rank. So once you hit that cap, you get an icon added that shows the number of times you’ve hit the cap... then it resets back to level 1.

You have people like Hakoom who was instantly at level 999 when it changed. Had they not changed the scoring he’d be level 366 and be able to work his way towards the new cap.

If you’re going to increase the level cap, but then change the scoring so that people are already maxed out anyway, then the change seems pointless.

Yea I agree with you. People that can't reach the cap before will never reach this new cap as well because it's even harder now.

10 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

You're missing the point completely, I'm not asking you to compete with anyone.

I'm pointing out that I noticed a stat and was surprised, that's all.

I'm competing with myself really. I try to go for fast completion time when playing these so called "easy games". It's hard to get a good time in the speed run leaderboard. Also, I have a broken ps4 controller for 4 years now and that's why I don't really play on console that much. However, I will just enjoy games on ps5 and I am not going to give a damn about levels anymore.

Well thats a new one. I have seen people obsess over platinums, gold, bronze, two guys over silver, obsess over total numbers of trophies, started games, finished games, average rarity, completion rate, number of ultra rares, having all games of a series in order, milestones, and probably a few more things I can't think of the top of my head right now. Someone obsessing over reaching the level cap to this weird extend is something I am pretty sure I have never seen however, you are an anomaly among a fraction of a percent. If you plan to keep playing when the PS5 comes, which will happen soon, why even make such a big deal about it and waste all that money on garbage games to push towards max level as quickly as humanly possible? If you keep playing, you will reach it anyway at some point, it would be different if you wanted to quit after reaching it, but all you are currently doing is wasting money on garbage while neither having fun doing it nor ever getting anywhere near the, in my opinion, completely worthless and compromised, leaderboard, so why bother this much?

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Well thats a new one. I have seen people obsess over platinums, gold, bronze, two guys over silver, obsess over total numbers of trophies, started games, finished games, average rarity, completion rate, number of ultra rares, having all games of a series in order, milestones, and probably a few more things I can't think of the top of my head right now. Someone obsessing over reaching the level cap to this weird extend is something I am pretty sure I have never seen however, you are an anomaly among a fraction of a percent. If you plan to keep playing when the PS5 comes, which will happen soon, why even make such a big deal about it and waste all that money on garbage games to push towards max level as quickly as humanly possible? If you keep playing, you will reach it anyway at some point, it would be different if you wanted to quit after reaching it, but all you currently doing is wasting money on garbage while neither having fun doing it nor ever getting anywhere near the, in my opinion, completely worthless and compromised leaderboard, so why bother this much?

Many people want to reach the cap. That's why there are so many level 100s in the leaderboard. But the new cap is like level 160 so I'm not gonna even bother with it anymore. I will enjoy ps5 games and don't care about chasing the leaderboard anymore. I made up my mind.

It also takes a lot of efforts and dedications to play these "easy games" too. It's not like you can just clear all of them without thinking at all. It's even harder to get on the speed run leaderboard as it requires a lot practice.

Edited by mvpeast
  • Like 1

Just now, mvpeast said:

Many people want to reach the cap. That's why there are so many level 100s in the leaderboard. But the new cap is like level 160 so I'm not gonna even bother with it anymore. I will enjoy ps5 games and don't care about chasing the leaderboard anymore. I made up my mind.

I have never seen anyone make a specific thread about it like this, I assumed it was because getting to old level 100 was something that came naturally as more trash stacks piled on an account that was going for a high leaderboard rank anyway, but guess I can't rule out that I just missed the topics. Just a really weird thing to obsess about in my opinion, but then again who am I to judge, I have been driven to near madness by a few games over the years that a normal human being would just abandon because they were not worth completing?

Well it might take a few more years but you will reach the max level eventually unless they change it again in a few years, definitely the healthier approach to let it come somewhat naturally, and better for the industry too given that you will spend less money on skeleton games that merely exist so people can get a 30 minute plat.

2 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

I have never seen anyone make a specific thread about it like this, I assumed it was because getting to old level 100 was something that came naturally as more trash stacks piled on an account that was going for a high leaderboard rank anyway, but guess I can't rule out that I just missed the topics. Just a really weird thing to obsess about in my opinion, but then again who am I to judge, I have been driven to near madness by a few games over the years that a normal human being would just abandon because they were not worth completing1f605.png

Well it might take a few more years but you will reach the max level eventually unless they change it again in a few years, definitely the healthier approach to let it come somewhat naturally, and better for the industry too given that you will spend less money on skeleton games that merely exist so people can get a 30 minute plat.

I've been playing with a broken controller for 4 years. That's madness for me. But I will finally be free when ps5 comes.

5 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I can't imagine finding enjoyment in stacking Rata games constantly, it doesn't even look like you have played a non rata game recently.

I played some actually lol like Resident Evil Resistance, saved that for my 500th plat. I also beat Fatalis (Monster Hunter World Iceborne final boss) with a broken controller and garbage gears. I find that an accomplishment for myself... Yes I hate those Rata games too but I was so close to the old cap but it's no longer possible for me to reach the new cap. So my goal now is just to have fun and I need that PS5 asap. 

Edited by mvpeast

Just buy five stacks of EastAsiaSoft and Trashalaika games with their ten minute plats on a weekly basis and you'll be good

Publishers like them are the reason I don't really care about my rank anymore

Sure trophy hunting is still fun but it's a shame 90% of indie games have been taken over by 30 minutes or less plats

• Like 1

Just now, CaptainJeff87 said:

Just buy five stacks of EastAsiaSoft and Trashalaika games with their ten minute plats on a weekly basis and you'll be good

Publishers like them are the reason I don't really care about my rank anymore

Sure trophy hunting is still fun but it's a shame 90% of indie games have been taken over by 30 minutes or less plats

Yea I hate them very much too. I just kinda give up on reaching the cap now. It's no longer something I want to achieve. I am not gonna buy another 700 platinums to complete it. It's just impossible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I've been playing with a broken controller for 4 years. That's madness for me. But I will finally be free when ps5 comes.

That is indeed madness, with all the money you spent on "games" you hated you could have gotten a new controller several times over to improve your experience with the console. You couldn't pay me enough to play almost nothing but this stuff for weeks, and then do it with a broken controller. Don't know if I should be disgusted or fascinated by the sheer masochism on display here?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

That is indeed madness, with all the money you spent on "games" you hated you could have gotten a new controller several times over to improve your experience with the console. You couldn't pay me enough to play almost nothing but this stuff for weeks, and then do it with a broken controller. Don't know if I should be disgusted or fascinated by the sheer masochism on display here1f601.png

I don't want to buy a new controller because I can still play games on this broken controller. Also, PS5 is coming out soon and I will get mine on day one. There's no point for me to buy a new ps4 controller. I only hunted for trophies like 2 years in real time. I took 5 years break and I only started racking up trophies when the pandemic started. So like level 30 --> level 85 in these months. It's very slow comparing to those real trophy rushers. I don't even play games every day anymore.

Edited by mvpeast

4 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

so your saying they are ignoring the point system now and counting platinums only?

i finished all the dead island dlc this morning and then hurried up and did a 100% run on a quick easy game that had 13 trophies.
i went from 80% on level 588
to                     1% level 589 
no platinums, just 23 total trophies

No, I'm thinking Plats have a much heavier point base is all.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Did somebody say Garbage? 

Who summoned me. 

Where is the shovelware?!!

Finish your plate first before asking for new trash, I know you are American and all but that backlog is the exact opposite of empty you insatiable creature :yay:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

So what I find funny is I have 177 platinums and I'm level 479.  Of course you have some 3000 more trophies than me.  Platinums still aren't going to be the full picture, but just like the previous system, having more plats is going to allow someone to get the higher levels with the least amount of trophies.  I know I'm very often the person with the least amount of trophies for the level of trophy XP I have just because my completion is high.

Honestly, I barely even see how this changes things much other than giving people a higher number next to their profile.  The people who cared too much about that number will continue to do so and those who didn't care will continue to not care.  In the end what really matters is if we're having fun, not how many plats we're popping and what shiny badge we have on our profile.

Right you are 100%. Actually gave up on going for platinums long time ago otherwise I've would of platted those Ratshit easy plat games and would have been easily in the 250's plats. But its a waste of money and time. If i go for a plat these days it will be for games I enjoy. For those who care about leaderboards good for them. But like you say let's enjoy what we play. 

On 07/10/2020 at 9:33 PM, Spaz said:

It would of been more professional. 

Last time i checked, game companies generally are professional. Sony is very professional. I don't think you could do a better job than them. Plus wait an extra month?  why? The majority of people had to have known change was coming. They can't keep the same ps3/ps4 trophy system into ps5, it would seem outdated, so they changed it. Roll it out a month early so any bugs or errors can be fixed accordingly till ps5 launch and then maybe it gets slightly touched upon, throughout the first few months until Sony is satisfied. Seems professional to me. I think you're dumb for making a big stink about it. Game for the sake of gaming, who gives a damn whether you hit trophy level 20,30,100,400,800, its just a digital accomplishment. Nothing more. 

PS: It would HAVE been... not would of been.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Games are expensive. Trophy hunting is free

I was gonna say trophy hunting has saved me a lot of money because I'm spending way more time with each game now. Last year before I started hunting seriously once I felt like I was done with a game I moved on and bought something else. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Super_Mep said:

I was gonna say trophy hunting has saved me a lot of money because I'm spending way more time with each game now. Last year before I started hunting seriously once I felt like I was done with a game I moved on and bought something else. 

this is me 5 years ago, but now i just bought the game when on sale and almost never touch em again

12 minutes ago, Super_Mep said:

Well i know alot they do only what is necessary to get the trophys and jump to the next game while I explore areas they never saw. So i would not say you spend more time in a game or save money when you go for trophys. 

Edited by Crowlike