How many platinums do you need for 999?

mvpeast

I'll go the other way and say:  Mvpeast, you've already suffered enough with Ratalaika  spamming, at this rate, might as well go all the way in and get the  platinum  badge.

Mind you, I don't like  stacking the entire profile with this type of shit, but if you fix yourself an objective, no matter how stupid it is, you need to see it through, alongside all the adversities that come with it, if it's about money, you don't have to spend everything  immediately, you can wait for sales, new flow of cash from your job, or even people that share these games.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

47 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

I'll go the other way and say:  Mvpeast, you've already suffered enough with Ratalaika  spamming, at this rate, might as well go all the way in and get the  platinum  badge.

Mind you, I don't like  stacking the entire profile with this type of shit, but if you fix yourself an objective, no matter how stupid it is, you need to see it through, alongside all the adversities that come with it, if it's about money, you don't have to spend everything  immediately, you can wait for sales, new flow of cash from your job, or even people that share these games.

The point is i can still enjoy my games. I'm not a completist and im not a Throphy Hunter. I'm a Gamer. I play games where i know i never get platin and have good times with them and on the other side i still play games i already have platin (like Dark Souls). Enjoy you game and you automatically spend more time in it. When i see how ppl glich, exploid, rush and do only what is necessary to get trophy make me laugh. And in my eyes this is playing for the wrong reasons and has nothing to do with gaming

19 hours ago, Spaz said:

That's pretty much how I go about it now. I already did My Name is Mayo, Orc Slayer, Adams Venture Origins, Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space and other 'trash' games so I can say I tried the numbers thing. Didn't work out.

Playing Call of Duty on Veteran and overcoming a challenge will always be more satisfying to me. That's not to say I won't try an easy point and click now and then, but I won't just do them solely for the trophies.

I sometimes do the EZPZ games after a long grind, just to refresh the mind and also slowly knock another game off the list. 

But I'm with you, I don't like the change and I play what I mostly enjoy. I'd like to be  given the option on whether I would care to use this new system, which I'd rather not.

Just want to add that there was a time trophy level meant something. Generally, most higher level guys could be counted on to show up for online portions of games. Nowadays, a lot of higher level guys, based solely on my experience, are more concerned with popping trophies on piss easy games, than showing up for a grind. Nothing will change how things are now.

Edited by Paulie1313

First of all, I truly believe that trophy hunting is a way of life. I personally like the update, you have to see it as a new challenge. Even, you don't need to reach the level 999. Play for fun. Don't force yourself to do things that you don't like.

On the other hand, PS5 is coming soon for 500 dollars. We're in the best time to be gamers. I remember back my dad buying an old TV for 1000 dollars. How can exist people complaining today? Great things are coming!

Edited by julianegan

34 minutes ago, julianegan said:

First of all, I truly believe that trophy hunting is a way of life. I personally like the update, you have to see it as a new challenge. Even, you don't need to reach the level 999. Play for fun. Don't force yourself to do things that you don't like.

On the other hand, PS5 is coming soon for 500 dollars. We're in the best time to be gamers. I remember back my dad buying an old TV for 1000 dollars. How can exist people complaining today? Great things are coming!

Yea I'm gonna stop this trophy hunting frenzy. Level 800 is where I'm gonna stop. 200~ more platinums.

25 minutes ago, hittheroadbucky said:

If you view trophy hunting as a job or a struggle or a waste of money, maybe you shouldn’t do it? If you enjoy games more on steam because you don’t go for achievements you can literally just not go for trophies and play the same games? 

i have a garbage computer so I will be focusing on PS5 gaming. I will not care about trophy hunting anymore. I just want to reach level 800 and obtain gold 3 star.

17 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

Last time i checked, game companies generally are professional. Sony is very professional. I don't think you could do a better job than them. Plus wait an extra month?  why? The majority of people had to have known change was coming. They can't keep the same ps3/ps4 trophy system into ps5, it would seem outdated, so they changed it. Roll it out a month early so any bugs or errors can be fixed accordingly till ps5 launch and then maybe it gets slightly touched upon, throughout the first few months until Sony is satisfied. Seems professional to me. I think you're dumb for making a big stink about it. Game for the sake of gaming, who gives a damn whether you hit trophy level 20,30,100,400,800, its just a digital accomplishment. Nothing more. 

PS: It would HAVE been... not would of been.

The new console itself is a whole entire different conversation that is merely irrelevant for the most part. 

I will admit I played shit games in the past solely for trophies. On the other hand I’ve stacked games like the Uncharted series and Guacamelee because I loved them. If Uncharted gets a PS5 port I may consider doing it a third time around. 

If you signed up on these forums and have been more or less active, I say you care somewhat for the trophy hunting community. I care for the community, when somebody gets a hard game finished I like to comment and give them my ‘congrats’. That’s what I like to do. 

If you want to tell me I’m just wasting my time posting what you consider drivel on these forums, wasting my time being a completionist and being somewhat concerned for trophy ranks, then kindly put me on block. I made the decision to hunt trophies in the fashion I want, I want to get the most out of my games. You made the decision to stop playing games once you decide they’re not worth doing. You’re basically a casual trophy hunter who doesn’t care about completion. I do, so frankly, I don’t care how much you think digital achievements mean next to nothing. That is subjective. 

At the end of the day we basically care only for our trophies and the games we play. Whenever I try to make a point about trophies, someone comes in and tells me I’m wasting my time. 

Sorry, but everyone views trophies differently. I just don’t understand why people on here who aren’t too concerned about trophies want to tell people who do are making such a big stink about it. 

There are plenty of games outside of Sony that I enjoy that don’t have achievements, so if you thought I mostly game for trophies, well you’re wrong.

And there’s no use arguing to me that the new trophy system is acceptable given the audience that Sony is trying to reach out to. We’re just going to go in circles.

Edited by Spaz

13 hours ago, LLegend_Fox said:

Why can't everyone just trophy hunt the way they want to and shut up about it?

Where's the entertainment in that? ? A good spar is healthy once in a while. 

14 hours ago, mvpeast said:

Yea I'm gonna stop this trophy hunting frenzy. Level 800 is where I'm gonna stop. 200~ more platinums.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mvpeast said:

This trophy update is so not worth it.. PSN down for hours now can’t sync any trophy. Inflating numbers are just dumb.

Isn't stacking platinums that take ten minutes inflating numbers in the first place? The whole trophy system is inflated. It actually is very similar to real monetary inflation--if you keep printing money, it becomes devalued. If you keep pushing out shovelware plats, plats are devalued.

Someone can have 100 plats from games that take 100 hours to plat each, or 100 plats from games that take 10 minutes to plat. Whose "achievement" is greater? 

• Like 1

You need to reach 1200 platinums for level 999.

999=175 old level system.

There is already an explanation of it in the other threads.

1. Ask urslef a question if its worth getting there or not.
2. Sony don’t care about the trophy hunters at all so it’s not worth whining about the new level system. We have to get used to it.

3. Rata will make a lot of money for sure.

My opinion Personally I had a goal to reach level 40 before Christmas but now plans changed up a bit. PS5 is coming up next month that’s what I will care about. 

Edited by FearlessElle
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I was bumped to just 304, I will never reach level 999 in my lifetime that's for sure. 

Me too. It’s impossible.

7 hours ago, FearlessElle said:

You need to reach 1200 platinums for level 999.

999=175 old level system.

There is already an explanation of it in the other threads.

1. Ask urslef a question if its worth getting there or not.
2. Sony don’t care about the trophy hunters at all so it’s not worth whining about the new level system. We have to get used to it.

3. Rata will make a lot of money for sure.

My opinion Personally I had a goal to reach level 40 before Christmas but now plans changed up a bit. PS5 is coming up next month that’s what I will care about. 

It’s pretty much an impossible goal to achieve. 1200 platinums... Even if you only buy cheap games, that’s like $10,000 - $20,000. I am not crazy enough to spend that much money for games. Some people spent $200,000 on games so I can’t even imagine that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

What the fuck? I don’t log into PSN for 2 days and suddenly the world is flipped on its head. Wot is happen ?

Basically the new trophy cap is impossible to attain unless you pay tens of thousands of dollars real cash. The old cap costs a lot of money too... But it’s half of the money needed than this new level 999.

Edited by mvpeast

Sony’s idea here is to incentivize people to play PlayStation more over a longer period of time. Increased engagement, etc. It’s a treadmill. They want you to stick with PlayStation for years and years (PS6, PS7 even) and use the trophy level as an incentive to see out your “gaming journey” with them. 

It’s not something anyone is meant to get right away, unless you’re genuinely trying to be like Hakoom or others like that. It’s not something you have to “pay tens of thousands of dollars real cash” to get, assuming you don’t just mean...paying for video games...which of course is something people would have to do to get video game trophies. 

In other words, you’re in the deep, deep, deep minority here in terms of your priorities — which I’m not judging by the way! It’s just what it is. Most people are gonna take their time. Best of luck to you, though!

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JD-D2 said:

Sony’s idea here is to incentivize people to play PlayStation more over a longer period of time. Increased engagement, etc. It’s a treadmill. They want you to stick with PlayStation for years and years and use the trophy level as an incentive to see out your “gaming journey” with them. 

It’s not something anyone is meant to get right away, unless you’re genuinely trying to be like Hakoom or others like that. It’s not something you have to “pay tens of thousands of dollars real cash” to get, assuming you don’t just mean...paying for video games...which of course is something people would have to do to get video game trophies. 

In other words, you’re in the deep, deep, deep minority here in terms of your priorities — which I’m not judging by the way! It’s just what it is. 

I am definitely not going for the 999 cap. It’s pretty much impossible. My goal is to reach level 800 then I’m not playing anymore 1-hour plats. I guess we’ll see.. Need 61 more levels, roughly 130-150 platinums.

Edited by mvpeast
  • Like 1

Well I’d encourage you to play stuff you like as much as you can, but hey, lord knows I’ve done lots of things other people would call “silly” for trophies, so more power to you. No judgment here. Hope it goes down well enough!

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JD-D2 said:

Well I’d encourage you to play stuff you like as much as you can, but hey, lord knows I’ve done lots of things other people would call “silly” for trophies, so more power to you. No judgment here. Hope it goes down well enough!

Thanks. I just need that PS5 real bad.