Thoughts on Psnprofiles adding their own Unique trophy?

Platinum trophies lacks value currently in my opinion. There are platinums that can be obtained in 30 seconds, some platinums are easier than bronze trophies. I think it would be neat if Psnprofiles added their own unique trophy. "Diamond or Master" trophy. Or something like that.

For a platinum to count as a Master trophy, not more than 1-2% of Psn players has earnt it, that way we know it's most likely not the easiest plat. Or - games that are known to be hard. Cuphead, evil within etc. This way Psnprofiles would be more unique than what it currently is

I know there is a trophy cabinet where you csn showcase 3 rare plats which is nice, but it's not really 'noticeable', you don't really "feel" it. I think people have the right to brag for hard plats

Edited by kramgod-trasa

I don't think that is a good idea. It would just add more things without bringing more value.

We already can see which trophies are rare and which ones are not as well as the number of UR, VR, R, UC, C trophies.

Many, many bronze trophies are harder to get and more of an achievement than some platinum trophies so I don't see what makes the platinum trophies that much more special since you essentially get them for free.

• Like 2

No. I don't use True Achievements or anything, but like I've been there for a guide, and they have this TA score bullshit, I don't know what the fuck it means, I don't know, I don't care, I don't want to know, it's just some random unrelated bullshit and it's honestly the only thing I know about the site, some random unrelated bullshit.

You don't need that to apply here too.

• Like 1

There was a ribbon system in the works that was going to address this but god knows where that is now...

I personally don't like the idea of it because it just adds another thing to bash other users with. Every single time the Ratalaika stack "problem" comes up everyone on the forum queues up to say "just do you" or "hey you can't tell people how to have fun" but wave a shiny ribbon in front of them and they'll trample over the rat stackers to grab them. The system exists as it has been created by PlayStation, i don't think you should be able to make additions to it to make one group of players feel more superior to another one.

What you want is some way of factoring in difficulty but that doesn't exist. People like to hold up rarity as a measure of difficulty but its just not. There are way too many factors that affect rarity beyond just difficulty.

This new trophy or the ribbon system isn't gonna show what games are difficult, its just going to show up all the games the community don't think are worthy. That just sounds elitist to me

• Like 1

Yeah, it does seem like a rather silly idea honestly. Everyone would rather have all their stats match up to what they are achieving and not have some made up nonsense that really don't matter. 

29 minutes ago, kramgod-trasa said:

People who dont like the idea are people who get plats like my name is mayo.. you shouldnt have an opinion no offense

Oh and you might want to change that elitist attitude there my guy, everyone is allowed to have a opinion, no offence. 

1 hour ago, kramgod-trasa said:

People who dont like the idea are people who get plats like my name is mayo.. you shouldnt have an opinion no offense

Yeah... you definitely should not be in charge of any decisions with that elitist sentiment.

I will translate your inner thoughts:

If you have a different opinion it is automatically invalid because my idea is brillant.

• Like 2

While I do agree that rarity based custom trophies may not necessarily be a good idea, I do think that a special trophy for completing an entire series would be pretty cool. It doesn’t prevent people from playing Mayo games, and it lets people know you’ve completed a full series.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

While I do agree that rarity based custom trophies may not necessarily be a good idea, I do think that a special trophy for completing an entire series would be pretty cool. It doesn’t prevent people from playing Mayo games, and it lets people know you’ve completed a full series.

I like the idea in general but I think this might be too much if we add it.

Might get convoluted like TrueTrophies.

4 hours ago, kramgod-trasa said:

Lol, wtf dude? Why starting a discussion when you can't take critisism? Not everyone has to share the same opinion as you, you know? No offense! ?

• Like 1

On one hand I agree with you, as I've played some games with Bronze trophies that took a long time to complete or required the weirdest challenges in order to get (MGS; Ground Zeroes 'Unlocked' trophy for example). While in the meantime people buy games like 'My name is Mayo' and 'Slyde' in order to get platinum trophies in a few minutes. Each and everyone to its own of course though I's also like to see some 'Credit' for completing utterly hard bronze trophies.

On the other hand though it would mess up a lot of people's trophies all of the sudden and earning a trophy on PSN that's ranked 'diamond' or 'master' or any made-up title for that matter isn't really rewarding since you only have that trophy on here. On your playstation it still is a Bronze trophy and still no-one would care about it since it's only that one bronze trophy.

4 hours ago, kramgod-trasa said:

Well I have one and you did ask so....

Kinda proved my point if anything. Can you imagine what the site would be like if it was implemented? It'd be like top trumps. The higher Diamond count wins the right to an opinion. It would be dreadful

New user? Check

Poor spelling, punctuation and grammar? Check

Gets offended when people tell him it's a stupid suggestion? Check

Another reason why there should be some wait period before new users are allowed to post on this website. This thread is a good example.

• Like 2

I don't think another trophy or icon will fix this.

Instead, we simply need more leaderboard options that weigh things differently. That way quick 5-minute platinum stack will be worth nothing. The leaderboard options this site offers are very underwhelming.

Rarity leaderboards, completionist leaderboard, genre-specific leaderboards, etc. these would all be welcoming additions.

10 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Another reason why there should be some wait period before new users are allowed to post on this website. This thread is a good example.

Perhaps someone should start a topic regarding this matter and not one that really wouldn’t be worth while anyway. It would do the forums some justice and save the moderators from extra work.