Duplicate PSVita/PS3 Trophies for the same game

Wardysays

Hi, 

I have been playing this game on my Vita whilst on a mission to get as many trophies as possible. Sadly last night the battery died so i powered up the PS3 and loaded the game on the same user account. I was shocked that I now have two sets of trophy lists for this game, one PSVita and the other PS3. 

Anyone else had this before? 

PS hello all :) 

Were you playing Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time? This happens to everyone who loads a save data on certain cross save games. There are a couple games that have cross saves, but you need to unlock the trophies again regardless. (ex: PlayStation All-Stars)

Edited by blue_flare9001
  • Like 1

When they were first making games that were playable on both the PS3 and Vita with cross-save data, Sony issued separate trophy lists, one for the PS3 and one for the Vita. This had the side effect of you being able to earn double trophies for the game, one set per version. You could even play completely through one version, plat it, then upload your save to the cloud, open it on the other version and all the trophies including the plat would pop one after the other in about 3 minutes flat. Games that I know about that do this include Sound Shapes, Playstation All-Stars, Sly Cooper, and Motorstorm RC. Later on, Sony started issuing a shared trophy list to multiplatform games, so now you can't earn a trophy on one platform if you earned it on the other. Examples of shared trophy lists would be like for Guacamelee and the two Dragon Fantasy games on my profile.

If you're going ask if it's cheating, it's not. The games were designed that way originally, then Sony decided to revisit the concept and stop doing it. Your PSN ID won't get banned if you do it as Sony doesn't consider it cheating, and neither do websites like these. You might have individual gamers who think it's a pretty cheap way of getting more trophies, but that's their opinion.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

When they were first making games that were playable on both the PS3 and Vita with cross-save data, Sony issued separate trophy lists, one for the PS3 and one for the Vita. This had the side effect of you being able to earn double trophies for the game, one set per version. You could even play completely through one version, plat it, then upload your save to the cloud, open it on the other version and all the trophies including the plat would pop one after the other in about 3 minutes flat. Games that I know about that do this include Sound Shapes, Playstation All-Stars, Sly Cooper, and Motorstorm RC. Later on, Sony started issuing a shared trophy list to multiplatform games, so now you can't earn a trophy on one platform if you earned it on the other. Examples of shared trophy lists would be like for Guacamelee and the two Dragon Fantasy games on my profile.

If you're going ask if it's cheating, it's not. The games were designed that way originally, then Sony decided to revisit the concept and stop doing it. Your PSN ID won't get banned if you do it as Sony doesn't consider it cheating, and neither do websites like these. You might have individual gamers who think it's a pretty cheap way of getting more trophies, but that's their opinion.

Wow I didn't think it was possible to go to this extreme. Personally I think that if it is the same game and same trophy it should be one complete list, no duplicates. However I will try and get my last two/three trophies and do the saved idea but when i know a game can be played on both systems I WON'T open it on the second system. 

Thanks for all your input on the matter. I love this forum site as it is driving me to milk every playable second out of games and earn trophies on my previously "not completed games" 

PS thanks for the person who merged/deleted the same topic, my bad.