New Platinum Trophy Value and Trophy Level Formula

NathanielJohn

Just now, NathanielJohn said:

I agree that a linear level progression is dumb, and I can't imagine why they did it *again*. I've done my calculations so far based on about 50 random profiles between levels 1 and 100, and it's 100% consistent. I'm not sure about high levels yet -- still working on that. I'm working on between levels 100 and 200 now.

It makes sense to not adjust the other trophies as that'd affect game completion percentage. Platinum points are ignored for that but count towards levels.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

A bit above 1326 plats to cap the new level system...

1326 is based on using the old platinum trophy value of 180 points. A "standard" full trophy list used to have 1230 points, but now has 1350 due to the platinum point change. 1631340/1350 = 1208.4 full platinums.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NathanielJohn said:

1326 is based on using the old platinum trophy value of 180 points. A "standard" full trophy list used to have 1230 points, but now has 1350 due to the platinum point change. 1631340/1350 = 1208.4 full platinums.

Urgh, I thought I had used 1350. >_< Fixed though.

Since no change in value of bronze, silver, or gold trophies, that means no change in the calculation of completion % on this site.  That metric always interested me more than trophy level.

Unless they start to add platinums to the calculation (those are currently excluded here).

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Not a fan, still think it is fucking retarded.

Hehe, some may dismiss our problems with this as just being against change or something, but at least for me it's not about raising everyone's level that is the issue, it's more how it doesn't fix anything, just boost existing issues. Many people still cap the PSN level, games without a platinum and DLC trophies are worth even less, while fast and easy platinums are rewarded even more.

I'm looking forward to the trophy progress change, but the platinum being worth more or not making it so people don't already max out the level cap were just bad changes. I don't care if everyone has higher level or not, whatever, but then at least make it so the cap is 9999 instead.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 4

The real problem in this change is that none of the problems that previously existed are really solved, there are people who are still at the limit of the level, in fact most of the tops still have the official maximum level ... that is to say  was this change made to fix that problem?  or just to have heavier numbers and get attention?

Edited by WaddysWDS
  • Like 4

What an absolutely pointless change (except for the EZPZ trophy hunters), thankfully they haven't messed with the trophy value of Gold, Silver and Bronze so completion remains intact.

Either change the level cap or change the structure completely.

EDIT: Sorry, the main reason I'm here is to thank @NathanielJohn for providing the new figures. Thank you.

FURTHER EDIT: Updated my spreadsheets, now at level 414 as per PSN

Edited by FawltyPowers
  • Like 1