New Platinum Trophy Value and Trophy Level Formula

NathanielJohn

2 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Ive just updated my psn and ive got a new level but i have not got a bronze/silver/gold icon next to it. Its still the yellowy gold star icon. Is this something thats coming later on

I think the new icons are exclusive to PS5 and they won't change on previous systems. Can anyone else confirm?

Edited by Scion_of_Umbra
  • Like 1

Anyone else having troubles with Trophy Syncing since the update? I was being shown the new system earlier in the day, but now it's reverted back to the old levelling system and the new trophies I've earned aren't being synced with the PSN

On 08/10/2020 at 7:11 PM, NathanielJohn said:

OK, formula done. It becomes quite regular at level 200, so it was easy to figure out from there. As an example to illustrate it being correct, I have 1064 platinums, 6738 golds, 9884 silvers, and 18080 bronzes, for a total of

300*1064 + 90*6738 + 30*9884 + 15*18080 = 1493340 points

The first 60 * 99 = 5940 of those points got me to level 100.

The next 90 * 100 = 9000 of those points got me to level 200.

The next 450 * 100 = 45000 of those points got me to level 300.

The next 900 * 100 = 90000 of those points got me to level 400.

The next 1350 * 100 = 135000 of those points got me to level 500.

The next 1800 * 100 = 180000 of those points got me to level 600.

The next 2250 * 100 = 225000 of those points got me to level 700.

The next 2700 * 100 = 270000 of those points got me to level 800.

The next 3150 * 100 = 315000 of those points got me to level 900.

After all of that, I have 1493340 - 315000 - 270000 - 225000 - 180000 - 135000 - 90000 - 45000 - 9000 - 5940 = 218400 points left over. Since ever level after 900 requires 3600 points per level up, I should have 218400/3600 = 60.66 extra levels. And indeed, I'm at level 960 and 66%.

Amazing work! I have done the calculation for my profile and your formula really works!

Before update I am at lv 26 (28%)

with 

99 platinum

677 gold

764 silver

1946 bronze

after calculation the total point for my current profile is 

(99 * 300) + (677 * 90) + (764 * 30) + (1946 * 15) = 142740

Lv 300 to 400, each level requires ( 90000 / 100 ) = 900 per level

my current point deducted until lv 300 : 142740 - 5940 - 9000 - 45000 = 82800 left over

lv 300 + ( 82800 / 900 ) = 300 + 92 = lv 392 ( exact 0% )

Kudos to you!

Okay, I got it to trophy level update when playing a new game but now it's fucked up yet again. On the new game, I got the final trophy which should've given me the platinum but neither trophy would properly sync. What the fuck is wrong with this goddamn update? Whoever designed this update deserves to be fired, nothing but pratfalls and incompetence left and right. SMH

Update: And now it also says everyone on my friends list is Trophy Level 1. What the fucking hell is going on at Playstation Cantwork?

Edited by Colin_Raleigh

5 hours ago, Scion_of_Umbra said:

I think the new icons are exclusive to PS5 and they won't change on previous systems. Can anyone else confirm?

Yes they will be for PS5 only.  

I got Ginger Beyond The Crystal Platinum the other day, and it was 100% complete, now it says 88% complete, yet Jak 2 and 3 are saying 100% complete and I haven't got the Platinum trophies for either of those yet on PS4, so its giving me and A rank on something that should be S rank and S rank on something that should be A rank. 

This is going to mess with our completion rate if they mess up with ranks.  I don't really want something sitting at 88 % when it really is 100% because all the trophies are got in it.  Looks like they have really screwed up on this new scheme. 

Edited by alexandra-jane09
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

Okay, I got it to trophy level update when playing a new game but now it's fucked up yet again. On the new game, I got the final trophy which should've given me the platinum but neither trophy would properly sync. What the fuck is wrong with this goddamn update? Whoever designed this update deserves to be fired, nothing but pratfalls and incompetence left and right. SMH

Update: And now it also says everyone on my friends list is Trophy Level 1. What the fucking hell is going on at Playstation Cantwork?

Some kind of maintenance.

3 hours ago, MMDE said:

What we do need is a boost to getting 100% for the base game of a game without platinum, maybe 150 points (half of plat)?

My idea was to introduce the Diamond trophy, every games with 3 or more DLCs sets (free or not) get a diamond trophy worth either 300 with the old system, or 500 now, said diamond can be obtained after 100% everything 

On 8-10-2020 at 10:49 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

Why is that a big deal? It'll still feel like an accomplishment, especially for upper levels. The 'accomplishment' is obtaining the Platinum anyways. 

Leveling up for the MAJORITY (casual players) took AGES. When I didn't trophy hunt hardcore it would take half a year. Now I actively hunt daily and it still takes 3-6 weeks. WAY too long. 

sorry for the late response

but no it doesnt feel like an acomplishment at all anymore when you level up now its just like whatever

it has been a few days now and already I am noticing I dont realy care much about hunting anymore.

the rush the feeling of acomplishment for me is entirely gone.

its like this lets say yu have trouble with a puzzle as a kid you solve it  it was meanth for 15 year and older yet you did it while you where 10

then you do that same puzzle but when your 30

it doesnt feel liek an acomplishment anymore at all  if anything it makes you feel something close to pathetic.

thats what this is like leveling doesnt mean squat anymore you dont have to work for it

they might as well give everyone max level at this point  without doing anything for it.  hardly any different then what it feels now to level up it doesnt mean anything anymore

I at  least dont care about leveling anymore and to be fair the way it feels now for me my trophy hunting days are over

if its not for you better for you many others and me feel it this way

I don't understand why people try to use old values for trophies to calculate new system. It is more simple if we calculate 1 bronze trophy = 1 point as below. In my opinion it looks like this:

New trophy point values:

• Bronze: 1 point
  • Silver: 2 points
  • Gold: 6 points
  • Platinum: 20 points

• Levels 1 - 99: 4 points (4 bronzes) per level up
  • Levels 100 - 199: 6 points (6 bronzes) per level up
  • Levels 200 - 299: 30 points (30 bronzes) per level up
  • Levels 300 - 399: 60 points (60 bronzes) per level up
  • Levels 400 - 499: 90 points (90 bronzes) per level up
  • Levels 500 - 599: 120 points (120 bronzes) per level up
  • Levels 600 - 699: 150 points (150 bronzes) per level up
  • Levels 700 - 799: 180 points (180 bronzes) per level up
  • Levels 800 - 899: 210 points (210 bronzes) per level up
  • Levels 900 - 999: 240 points (240 bronzes) per level up

levels range

points needed to level up

levels quantity

points for full range

1-99

100-199

200-299

300-399

400-499

500-599

600-699

700-799

800-899

900-999

TOTAL

Edited by Psychotronik1988

1 hour ago, Psychotronik1988 said:

I don't understand why people try to use old values for trophies to calculate new system. It is more simple if we calculate 1 bronze trophy = 1 point as below.

I agree, that's always been simpler (which is why I included the bronze trophy values in my original post). But the "points" values are the official ones used by Sony. In other words, if you query Sony's servers and ask them how many trophy points they have, they will tell you that they have 15 per bronze, 30 per silver, etc.

It also makes trophy points more easily comparable with XBox gamescore, where full game = 1000 points. Using the points system, a full playstation game has 1050 points of non-platinum points (though that now gets bumped up to 1350 will the platinum, making the comparison slightly less useful).

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

But the "points" values are the official ones used by Sony. In other words, if you query Sony's servers and ask them how many trophy points they have, they will tell you that they have 15 per bronze, 30 per silver, etc.

Interesting ? I didn't know that. Thanks for info.

Edited by Psychotronik1988

On 10/8/2020 at 7:35 AM, NathanielJohn said:

Sony hasn't released the new trophy level formula or officially announced the new trophy point values, so I thought I'd start a thread with this information. None of this is official -- it's all reverse-engineered by looking at people's profiles.

New trophy point values:

• Bronze: 15
  • Silver: 30
  • Gold: 90
  • Platinum: 300

SNIP

Platinuming a single game gets you to level 23 now. It takes a total of 1631340 points to reach level 999, which equals roughly 1200 full games platinumed.

I hate the new leveling system.  It makes gaining individual levels meaningless.  What I hate more though is the revaluation of platinum trophies.  Before the change all trophy categories were cleanly divisible with each other.  They were also even multiples of each other.  With platinum trophies now worth 300 points that scoring system is broken.  Why couldn't Sony double their value instead?  That would've preserved the math. ;_;

18 hours ago, LordBilbanes said:

I hate the new leveling system.  It makes gaining individual levels meaningless.  What I hate more though is the revaluation of platinum trophies.  Before the change all trophy categories were cleanly divisible with each other.  They were also even multiples of each other.  With platinum trophies now worth 300 points that scoring system is broken.  Why couldn't Sony double their value instead?  That would've preserved the math. ;_;

Because they're being stupid, like changing the PS Store for the sake of changing it, and censoring Japanese games that has made those developers avoid the Sony platform and move on to Steam, Xbox and the Switch.

• Like 1

Interesting the points boost to platiniums combined with the level change. It used to take me 8-9 games platinumed to level up. Now 8 platinum trophies on their own level me up.

Overall I actually do like the change though the platinum no longer being divisible by the gold as @LordBilbanes says bothers me too. 270 might have been better... though then that would be a bit off too as then you'd have x2, x3, x3. Making the platinum 360 would have it be divisible and it'd be x2, x3, x4 but then that would increase the issue that people have of platinums now being worth too much.

• 2 months later...
On 08/10/2020 at 2:53 PM, AerisFlowerGirl said:

My friend and I were discussing last night how pointless this would be if it was not a smooth curve-like experience increase, and here we are. All it did was make a numbers bigger, and like usual, the higher numbers feel worthless. Someone with literally 15 plats can be level 200, while it takes 200ish plats to reach 500. The average person will look at the higher numbers and go "well I have level 200 with my very little work, so them having level 500 isn't impressive." And that is what bugs me. What they should have done is either had levels go well beyond 999, or indefinitely. Or, make the curve in the high 900 range crazy. Like so crazy, even Hakoom wouldn't be max rank yet. I'm all for that because max level in something like this should show extreme dedication. Now like 100 people are already going to be max when they are updated.without anything to work for. Do they care? Probably not, but if I was that high in trophy count I would. I have literally never received a compliment on my trophy level and I don't expect to now. In comparison, I receive tons of compliments on my gamerscore over on Xbox. Someone who completed 10 games and has 10,000 gamerscore can look at my nearly 500k gamerscore and go holy shit. Someone with 15 plats is going to look at me with my trophy level 500 and shrug because they are nearly halfway to my level on 15 plats. It is stupid now that I've had time to process it.

But as you guys said, Sony doesn't care about the dedicated trophy hunters that shell out thousands a year on dumb games and put in hundreds of hours on their system. They just look at the $$$ that could be gained from even just one brand new person buying a Playstation system. Not going to lie, I'm not an Xbox fangirl by any means but at least they are pointed way further in the right direction as far as customer service goes. Now they just need some good exclusives to make the console worth owning... 

Sorry if this turned into a rant. I do like that Sony has implemented something like this but in the end it doesn't really do anything.

Compliments on your high trophy level ;)

There you go! You got a compliment! :) 

• 5 months later...
38 minutes ago, Toushi-san said:

how to calculate the necessary points to the next level?

1st post gives a breakdown of this for all levels. To check your personal progress, look up your profile on this site and at the top where you see your stats you will see your level. Click or hover over it to see points needed for the next level.

12 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

1st post gives a breakdown of this for all levels. To check your personal progress, look up your profile on this site and at the top where you see your stats you will see your level. Click or hover over it to see points needed for the next level.

I need this formula to the school work... Im making an algorithm =(