Trophylevel Update on psnprofiles

Couldn't the level history be actually calculated using the timestamps of earned trophies? Knowing the trophy point values, timestamps and how many points are needed per level, seems doable. Then again, the history would be a big mess with hundreds of entries. 

BTW, is there a spreadsheet or something that shows how many points you need per level, or per level range? 

On 08/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, Sly Ripper said:

I don't know what to do with the level history section, seems a little useless now. Previous level trophies will be different and you'll almost be seeing every 4th bronze trophy.

i think it should stay but maybe change it to every 10 levels so it’s like milestone levels. Which would reduce it from a potential 1000 trophies in there to 100 which would be cleaner

• Like 1

I guess the main reason Sony changed the system is for the means of "instant gratification".

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/235088

Instant gratification is the desire to experience pleasure or fulfillment without delay or deferment. Basically, it’s when you want it; and you want it now.

Instant gratification is the opposite of what we’ve been taught and try too hard to practice — delayed gratification. Waiting is hard, and there is an innate desire to have what we want when we want it, which is usually without any delay.

That's why social media platforms reward you for coming back. The constant dopamine rushs cause addiction and will make users keep coming back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopamine

I guess we've all had instances for getting a trophy simply for starting the game. This now would raise your trophy level.

I don't like the new system. It's fucking bullshit.

Edited by Faaip de Oiad
  • Like 1

I don't know if this is the right place to post thing but I'm just thinking maybe due to the update but on my profile it's saying I've completed my recent game at 100% with 33 out of 35 trophies completed. Just wondering if that's down to the maintenance? I doubt anyone really knows but it's a little weird.

I'll try earning a trophy later on and then seeing if it changes when Slys worked his magic.

Edited by Fox

49 minutes ago, Faaip de Oiad said:

I guess we've all had instances for getting a trophy simply for starting the game. This now would raise your trophy level.

I don't like the new system. It's fucking bullshit.

Only if your level is pretty low.  When it converted over I was at level 479 with a bit over 50% progress.  Got a plat in an easy game and went up to 480.  It gives a lot of instant gratification at the beginning, but once you get to a higher level it does take more effort.  I  honestly don't care either way since I never cared much about my level beyond it steadily increasing.

18 minutes ago, Fox said:

I don't know if this is the right place to post thing but I'm just thinking maybe due to the update but on my profile it's saying I've completed my recent game at 100% with 33 out of 35 trophies completed. Just wondering if that's down to the maintenance? I doubt anyone really knows but it's a little weird.

I have the same issue going on and three long completed games are showing incomplete.and I also see some percentages are a mess too, but it's far from every game.  We probably should wait for the maintenance to complete.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I have the same issue going on and three long completed games are showing incomplete.and I also see some percentages are a mess too, but it's far from every game.  We probably should wait for the maintenance to complete.

Luckily or unluckily, however you want to view it. We're not the only ones. I'm sure everything with be cleared up in no time. Thanks for saying though otherwise I would of sat here wondering if it was just me.

A little more of an in depth explanation as to why all of our completion percentages are messed up on this site. 

psn calculates the completion percentage as your total earned trophy points out of (total available points - the platinum). For example. My Dragon age inquisition list at 35% (actual) with 35 bronze 2 silver for 525 points. The game under the old system had 1680 points minus the old platinum value = 1500. 525 points out 1500 results in 35 percent. 

The same game currently sits at 38% on psnprofiles. I used the same formula as above but subtracted the new platinum value of 300 instead of 180 and the result was 38%. 

Clearly what has happened is that the site has now changed the formula to calculate game completion percentage to reflect the new psn formula. However the site has not yet added an additional 120 to every game yet which has messed up the completion percent. 

As the site is currently undergoing maintenance this will certainly be fixed fairly quickly. 

Just a quick breakdown for those of you, who like me, are OCD and almost panicked. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, matchpenalty said:

A little more of an in depth explanation as to why all of our completion percentages are messed up on this site. 

psn calculates the completion percentage as your total earned trophy points out of (total available points - the platinum). For example. My Dragon age inquisition list at 35% (actual) with 35 bronze 2 silver for 525 points. The game under the old system had 1680 points minus the old platinum value = 1500. 525 points out 1500 results in 35 percent. 

The same game currently sits at 38% on psnprofiles. I used the same formula as above but subtracted the new platinum value of 300 instead of 180 and the result was 38%. 

Clearly what has happened is that the site has now changed the formula to calculate game completion percentage to reflect the new psn formula. However the site has not yet added an additional 120 to every game yet which has messed up the completion percent. 

As the site is currently undergoing maintenance this will certainly be fixed fairly quickly. 

Just a quick breakdown for those of you, who like me, are OCD and almost panicked. 

Exactly this. In hindsight I should have updated the game points first and then processed the leaderboard changes but it's being processed each game at a time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

Exactly this. In hindsight I should have updated the game points first and then processed the leaderboard changes but it's being processed each game at a time.

As the old saying goes, hindsight is 20/20. Still, no way of knowing.

Edited by MidnightDragon

16 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

Well, the numbers are so big now that the level + percentage to the next level overlap in the trophy card ?. I quote Sly because my level hasn't updated yet but his has, and you can see how his level 353 / 56% overlap in his trophy card. 

22 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Sony should make a prestige option for trophy levels. Once you reach level 999 you get the option to start again at level 1 but this time have a different icon next to your name to signify your prestige level. Keep people grinding levels for years and years this way.

That's a good idea, maybe it could happen in the future.

As a side note, for some reason the trophies i have aren't being reflected on my trophy card in my signature. It says 420 platinum when I have 421. When I look at my actual profile though, it's what it actually is. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X
  • Like 2