Trophylevel Update on psnprofiles

I also think it should be reported that the level history seems to be off as well.  Can't comment on previous levels, but it's saying a platinum I just earned was the trophy that got me to 480 when that was the one that got me to 481.  Definitely is something causing it to be off by one level, maybe it's missing the fact that 1 trophy is needed for level 1?

3 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Ok so I was looking at the stats section, and even after the changes on the site today, the numbers are incorrect for the point totals that it should be after the Changes. Figured I should post about it cause I didn’t see anyone else talking about it. 

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

I also think it should be reported that the level history seems to be off as well.  Can't comment on previous levels, but it's saying a platinum I just earned was the trophy that got me to 480 when that was the one that got me to 481.  Definitely is something causing it to be off by one level, maybe it's missing the fact that 1 trophy is needed for level 1?

Users are still being updated, so maybe it'll be fixed once it's complete. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thourio said:

I don't understand all this talk about keeping the old system on the site. Whether you prefer or like the old system more -I personally prefered it as well- is irrelevant now. That system is officially defunct. If we were to have a better system on this site, we might as well come up with a completely different one that calculates based on values we decide ourselves. Otherwise we should follow Sony's official new system and get used to it.

What we’re trying to say is this new system was just slapped together.

It’s no different than how Youtube treats the content creators. They throw a change out there, people are forced to accept it, and it eventually becomes accepted. They throw another change on there, the cycle repeats all over again.

I still think the old Youtube was far better in regards to treating its audience better. I still remember back in 2009 - 2010 where you can move modules around and change font style. I still think the universal profile on it today is a pile of shit, but that is irrelevant because the change happened several years ago. 

Like with everything else, people will get accustomed to the new trophy system. I just don’t have to like it or support it. But with these big corporations, you don’t have a choice. You can either accept it because you have to, or pack your bags and move elsewhere. 

Sony doesn’t give a fuck. That’s the bottom line. We mean nothing to them. 

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

What we’re trying to say is this new system was just slapped together.

It’s no different than how Youtube treats the content creators. They throw a change out there, people are forced to accept it, and it eventually becomes accepted. They throw another change on there, the cycle repeats all over again.

I still think the old Youtube was far better in regards to treating its audience better. I still remember back in 2009 - 2010 where you can move modules around and change font style. I still think the universal profile on it today is a pile of shit, but that is irrelevant because the change happened several years ago. 

Like with everything else, people will get accustomed to the new trophy system. I just don’t have to like it or support it. But with these big corporations, you don’t have a choice. You can either accept it because you have to, or pack your bags and move elsewhere. 

Sony doesn’t give a fuck. That’s the bottom line. We mean nothing to them. 

I don't disagree with anything you said, all I'm saying is that there is no point arguing or getting upset about it. Sony implemented the trophy system back in the early days of PS3 and now they decided to tweak it. It is theirs to do as they see fit. There's nothing to "support" there, you either accept what it is and enjoy trophy collecting or you just move on. Even if Sony cared about their customers' opinions on this matter, there would be no way to please everyone. For every change that pleases someone I can guarantee you there would be someone else who would be pissed off.

At the end of the day, we should all be thankful they still care for the system and they put effort to it. They could, for example, have said they remove it from this generation onwards because it became too cumbersome and wasn't worth the maintenance required. Imagine what would have happened then. Or, if they were like Nintendo who don't want to put in the effort to implement an achievement system at all. Would any of us prefer that?

Edited by Thourio
Grammar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thourio said:

I don't disagree with anything you said, all I'm saying is that there is no point arguing or getting upset about it. Sony implemented the trophy system back in the early days of PS3 and now they decided to tweak it. It is theirs to do as they see fit. There's nothing to "support" there, you either accept what it is and enjoy trophy collecting or you just move on. Even if Sony cared about their customers' opinions on this matter, there would be no way to please everyone. For every change that pleases someone I can guarantee you there would be someone else who would be pissed off.

At the end of the day, we should all be thankful they still care for the system and they put effort to it. They could, for example, have said they remove it from this generation onwards because it became too cumbersome and wasn't worth the maintenance required. Imagine what would have happened then. Or, if they were like Nintendo who don't want to put in the effort to implement an achievement system at all. Would any of us prefer that?

Sony could of handled this in so many ways that would of been better. Make the system simple and to the point with a trophy tracker. I've been wanting that feature for a long time now and it stuns me that we still don't have it. Even Xbox has an achievement tracker, it's quite easy to track your progress on the Xbox One. The reason I switched over from Xbox to PlayStation is because I felt Sony had a much better selection of exclusives, and of course there are more players.

Right now I'm more upset with Sony removing the purchase of PS3/Vita games from the mobile and browser web stores. This trophy system change doesn't shake the very foundation, but it adds nothing of value and ignores the problems it has already had for at least a few years.

The devaluation by throwing in Rata games that take just 30 minutes to platinum, multiple stacks equaling to 3 - 6 platinum trophies. Even with buying the same game on different regions the cost still comes to under $20. They're quick and easy in increasing your trophy level, with the change they're now worth a lot more trophy points. Whereas the non-platinum games make even less of a dent.

My approach is to play and treat each game individually. The numbers game basically relied on time and money from the start, but now it just looks even more silly and ridiculous.

Stupid change, poor execution. Not too bothered with Nintendo in how they treat the idea of an achievement system. They've been on their own for a long time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Alchemist said:

My Midnight Deluxe list got messed up, I'm not sure what caused it but I assume it was something related to the changes. It says every trophy is at 0% ultra rare which is obviously wrong. Is there anything I need to do to fix this or will it fix itself in due course?

@Sly Ripper may have insight 

Edited by MidnightDragon