Patch 1.05

DKShadow

You

6 hours ago, DKShadow said:

Does anyone know if this is the update that finally lets us grind the kill trophies in PvE?

You could grind before this update, I did all my ko's Vs ai first then did PvP for those trophies.

Technically there are only three trophies you have to play PvE for now which for collecting 1000 coins in gold rush, 50 goals in rocketball and 1000 time accumulated in mega rocket.

None of these are too hard once your use to it and you can spend the rest of the game with ai if you wanted.

16 minutes ago, Hey_Its_Mr_Jay said:

You

You could grind before this update, I did all my ko's Vs ai first then did PvP for those trophies.

Technically there are only three trophies you have to play PvE for now which for collecting 1000 coins in gold rush, 50 goals in rocketball and 1000 time accumulated in mega rocket.

None of these are too hard once your use to it and you can spend the rest of the game with ai if you wanted.

Oh really? I totally missed that, kept checking all patch notes and saw no mention of it. Nice!

Now if only they would fix the tutorial trophy, otherwise I can't finish the platinum anyway...

13 hours ago, DKShadow said:

Oh really? I totally missed that, kept checking all patch notes and saw no mention of it. Nice!

Now if only they would fix the tutorial trophy, otherwise I can't finish the platinum anyway...

Tutorial really ? I had no problems with it other than it being a little delayed.

I'm guessing your quite far into the game then?

12 minutes ago, Hey_Its_Mr_Jay said:

Tutorial really ? I had no problems with it other than it being a little delayed.

I'm guessing your quite far into the game then?

Yeah, I've played dozens of hours. The tutorial trophy never popped and since it seems to trigger not when you complete the tutorial, but when it opens up all the modes after it, there's no way to complete the trophy trigger again, since you can't delete your saves. I've done the tutorial countless times without luck. There's an official bug report over here.

Right now I have to either wait for them to fix it, or maybe save it for last, and then contact their support and see if they can wipe my save server-side, so I can try again.

Edited by DKShadow

13 hours ago, Hey_Its_Mr_Jay said:

Just wondering, did you actually mean PvP here? I only ask as the following sentence makes it seem that way.

I am yet to start the game (but I keep meaning to...), so just wanted to know, as I can't seem to find any guides about what can/can't be done in PvE (or a trophy guide in general for that matter!).

16 minutes ago, Forrest_01 said:

Just wondering, did you actually mean PvP here? I only ask as the following sentence makes it seem that way.

I am yet to start the game (but I keep meaning to...), so just wanted to know, as I can't seem to find any guides about what can/can't be done in PvE (or a trophy guide in general for that matter!).

All the KO's trophies for each individual character and the 1000 total KO's can be done in PvE playlists since a couple of updates ago. The player base is so low that the developers decided to allow it, that way you don't lock out anyone out of the trophies. The ones for coins, mega-rocket time, and goals have to be done PvP, they are not that hard. Play with Amphora, Rev, or Topnotch to score easier goals. Just be aware that the XP of this game is absolutely TRASH, you only get more XP based on the length of the match, plus a small amount for winning, but your performance is not rewarded at all. Let's say you kill 20 players and both of your teammates 0, and you win the match, you get the exact same amount of XP as them. This is the only thing keeping me from grinding a character to level 100, feels so unrewarding that I rather play something else. 

Edited by DiegoMolinams

Kind of off topic I suppose, but decided to have a quick look at this on Friday & have to say that the matchmaking seems to be absolute poo poo ca ca. I mean, I guess it's likely due to the low numbers of people playing, but there were numerous times where it was me (as someone just starting out) with seemingly a couple of other newbies on my team vs teams of really high level players that had clearly put hours into it. Funnily enough, we got absolutely stomped due to their maxed out perks & better character & map knowledge. We didn't stand a chance.

Kinda sucks really, as when things were a little more even (which did happen sometimes), I actually quite liked what I played. :hmm: