Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

5 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Does this mean a lot of content for PS3, PSVita and PSP are going to be delisted as well?

This is essentially what will happen with newer Vita titles. For instance, Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen is nowhere to be found on the PS Store if you access it directly from your Vita. The only way to get it is to buy it from the internet PS Store and then access it on the Vita through the Download list.

Edited by awf9495

3 minutes ago, Vintage_Davis said:

Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean that you will no longer be able to buy PS4 themes and avatars and stuff? Or did I misread something?

If You access the PS Store through your PS4, it sounds like you will still be able to buy them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aranea Highwind said:

Sony plans to launch a new PlayStation Store on the web and mobile later this month, which will remove the ability for you to purchase content for legacy consoles such as the PlayStation 3, PS Vita, and PSP.

Well that sucks, really hope it isn't true. As stated further down in that article, plenty of new releases aren't getting displayed on the Vita's native store, so good luck ever buying those unless they decide to fix it (doubt they would).

I don't see myself buying any more PS3, Vita or PSP games, but if I ever did happen to stumble upon something I want, this is gonna really blow if they're literally impossible to find in their native stores.

I knew this would likely happen eventually, but if the stores are going to remain open on their respective platforms (sans PSP since that got shut down years ago I believe), then what's the point of disabling you from buying them on a web browser?

• Like 1

There is no source and the image from Planète Vita looks shady as fuck. Why are the dates hyperlinked and why is the phrase describing what's in the bulleted list part of the bulleted list? The formatting is bad. 

This is almost certainly fake since no one can provide a proper source. Sounds like something Sony would do though, which is probably why people are eating it up.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Katt said:

I don't mind using the PS3 and Vita store to buy stuff, but I use the wishlist a lot. Every time there's a big sale, I check that first to see if something is discounted. I always can use a third party but, why? fucking ridiculous.

Sony fixed your wishlist problem by excluding the Vita from sales...*sigh*

Edited by awf9495
  • Like 1