Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

I don’t give a shit about anything except the Wishlist. They only time I use the store is to check if any games I want are on sale, now I have to do this manually for each game for every new sale. Would love to know wtf was going through Sony’s head when they decided to get rid of this simple feature.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Webstore itself.  In New Zealand myself, cause I went to use the usual link I have, but it bought me to the new one.

This is what I see anyway: https://store.playstation.com/en-nz/latest

Not sure if it'll update for you guys though, on if it'll show you the white store page, or the older blue store page.

Weird no it's showing an error for NA as well. 

Maybe they accidentally put it up for you, or maybe it's in the middle of the transition and not fully done yet, or maybe it's a government thing that they had to comply with? 

The rest of us will find out shortly how it looks and works, and if what you see is kind of a beta version accidentally put up

Thanks for trying and the info!

5 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Webstore itself.  In New Zealand myself, cause I went to use the usual link I have, but it bought me to the new one.

This is what I see anyway: https://store.playstation.com/en-nz/latest

Not sure if it'll update for you guys though, on if it'll show you the white store page, or the older blue store page.

Could you post screenshots? I'm still seeing the old layout, both for my local store and when visiting yours.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

Could you post screenshots? I'm still seeing the old layout, both for my local store and when visiting yours.

I hope this works, but a link to the screenshot I took of the site.  It's not the best, since I use a laptop, so smaller screen and all that: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SScvRoeDY6pAqiHKA

Only one I have, but it was of the main page where the new releases and upcoming games are.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HusKy said:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10/have_a_gander_at_the_new_ps_store_for_web_browsers

It's so ugly, empty and "simplistic". I hate this type of design.

Yup, that's pretty much what I've been getting over here in New Zealand, where the store link would redirect to, to that new look it has... which I just don't like.  I mean, I'll probably get used to it eventually, but right now as it stands, yeah, it just does not look good.  I prefer the old design.

Looks terrible from what I've seen so far and it's missing many basic features which is a shame because the current web store is amazing and practically everything I purchased this gen was through the website which is so easy to browse and buy stuff on and blows away both Microsoft and Nintendo's web offering by a mile, This just looks like a step back.

• Like 3

It should be easy enough to make an overlay for the PS5 web store that adds basic functionality back in (e.g., names of games in text under the tiles, maybe even a wishlist). Once the new store goes live in Canada, I'll have a look at it. Kind of ridiculous that Sony keeps changing things without actually improving them though (first the trophy level formula and now this).

• Like 3

I think i've used PSDLE for the last time, by adding all columns instead of just the ones i considered "essential". So long and thanks for all the fish?will continue to use it as a reference for my PS3/Vita download lists (will probably become a little complicated when/if i renew Plus next year and the games move to the top of the list)

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I think i've used PSDLE for the last time, by adding all columns instead of just the ones i considered "essential". So long and thanks for all the fish1f44d.pngwill continue to use it as a reference for my PS3/Vita download lists (will probably become a little complicated when/if i renew Plus next year and the games move to the top of the list)

Good call. Just exported a CSV of my complete library for future-proofing purposes.

10 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

I don’t give a shit about anything except the Wishlist. They only time I use the store is to check if any games I want are on sale, now I have to do this manually for each game for every new sale. Would love to know wtf was going through Sony’s head when they decided to get rid of this simple feature.

Agreed. Improved UI would be welcoming, but removing the wishlist turns this into a bad news. I really do not understand what is the upside of this for SONY. Maybe they want to "force" us to check the entire sales to try to sell more items, since if many of us only check the wishlist. Still, really boring.

bmg_ps.png 

6 hours ago, HusKy said:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10/have_a_gander_at_the_new_ps_store_for_web_browsers

It's so ugly, empty and "simplistic". I hate this type of design.

That is one ugly design and they should fire the people who did this.

7 hours ago, inflict54 said:

I see new item in sub-menu when you click your profile - instead of downloads list and purchased content list, there is Games library with link to https://library.playstation.com/ . Looks like it replaces old one, and there is no ps3 or ps vita content on new list like they announced :(

+ The library doesn’t even work properly. When I click on my played games, it only shows like 10 games when I played many more.

6 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Design itself isn't really a problem.

• No game titles under the thumbnail. It's a game tile with a price
  • No DLC on the game page
  • Nothing differentiates DLC and Games in the search results
  • No filters of any kind. If you searched for "Resident Evil" you'll just get a huge pile of everything resident evil related.
  • No file sizes in game page
  • No screenshots or trailers on game page
  • No wishlist of any kind.

Like, the new store doesn't add anything in terms of usability and just substracts the existing features.

Are they idiots or what

Edited by LoveInHell

18 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

They're probably tossing it to ensure that people have removed PS Vita, PS3, Themes, Avatars, etc from their list. They will be making a new wishlist. Hopefully one that doesn't cap out at 98 items...

It's moments like these I wonder what Sony has been doing for the past couple of years.

The individual game pages are the best design presented but that's not saying much.  

I just hope there's much more transparency in what Season Passes include.

Or just you know, don't try to scam people. That works too. 

Much has already been said about this and my words won't bring anything new to the table, but I thought it's good to share my opinion and experience on this.

I don't own a vita, only a PS3 and a PSP, so I can't say anything about the Vita Store itself. For everything related to PSP, this new change in PS Store over mobile/webstore just makes me go full "non-legal methods of obtaining games", it's just too much hassle to go through a bunch of loopholes to buy overpriced digital PSP games when getting them free "elsewhere" is much easier and faster. That's some money Sony will never be seeing anymore. I will still buy a physical copy of a game I really for PSP for collection purposes, but I really doubt Sony gets money from that anyway.

On PS3 side, I kinda comfortable but still annoyed at this change. I'm wrapping up my to-buy list on PS3 regarding digital goods, mainly some DLCs and PS1 & PS2 Classics left and most of those either didn't have a sale in the last 3 years or never were in sale to begin with, after the change I'm even less rushed to buy them. Whenever I need to buy something on the PS3 from now on I will go straight to the Game/DLC as possible and also check out as fast as I can since there's always the risk of application itself crashing. Then I can download it from account management on XMB whenever I feel like, saves me some headache.

That said, I'm really sad for Vita&PS3 users who still have a big list of games to buy for those consoles because these PS Store applications were clearly never redesigned to work with efficiency after they were updated over the years. I know the frustration of navigating one of these stores and also know of particular horror stories of players having to format their entire console after the PS Store crashed on their system.

Finally, if anyone is interested, I just bought PS Plus free games for October and it prompted me to go my download list & download queue...which I bookmarked the link, since when previously trying to find those only led me to the new library. I don't know if I will be able to access that link in the future when the new PS Store is fully online on web/mobile fronts, but for now I'm able to do that just fine and it helps a bit.

P.S: So many good posts on this thread that I used my 25 likes quota today all here.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
  • Like 2