Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

The store is now live here...

I wasn't impressed by the decisions overall, but I'm even more annoyed now that I noticed they capped the number of purchases available in the Download List / Game Library. I mean, it's good I get to see 1000 items on one page but... where's the rest.

(Yes, I'm aware this is very much a first-world problem. But I'm thinking many trophy hunters will have extensive game libraries?)

Also:

-The PS+ tab includes many games that have no links to PS+ whatsoever.

-The Download tab includes a few games, two thirds of which are not even on my system anymore. No option to cancel or remove.

Edited by visighost
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, visighost said:

The store is now live here...

I wasn't impressed by the decisions overall, but I'm even more annoyed now that I noticed they capped the number of purchases available in the Download List / Game Library. I mean, it's good I get to see 1000 items on one page but... where's the rest.

(Yes, I'm aware this is very much a first-world problem. But I'm thinking many trophy hunters will have extensive game libraries?)

Also:

-The PS+ tab includes many games that have no links to PS+ whatsoever.

-The Download tab includes a few games, two thirds of which are not even on my system anymore. No option to cancel or remove.

It's not "capped", there are only base games and demos, no DLCs.

Also the PS+ tab shows games that i already removed from PS+ ages ago, by rebuying complete editions, i.e. Lara Croft Temple of Osiris.

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

It's not "capped", there are only base games and demos, no DLCs.

Also the PS+ tab shows games that i already removed from PS+ ages ago, by rebuying complete editions, i.e. Lara Croft Temple of Osiris.

Well, I had 3267 items in my download list, and a round 1000 on the new one, so I stand by my initial assessment: I don't have thousands of DLCs and maybe one or two demos...

That PS+ tab seems really random. There's some brand new games I just bought a few weeks back...

Clicking on the top left "Games" icon gives you an option to reach the Vita page... I had some hope, but clicking on the (very dated) games on that page leads to a Buy Download option... that leads nowhere or to the PS4 version if cross-buy.

Edited by visighost

On 10/18/2020 at 4:50 AM, yndajas said:

I'm not sure if Sony provides an API - it might just be a custom built scraper of the store webpages? In which case if PS3 content is ripped from the store webpages, PSPrices' database wouldn't be updatable.

Not sure whether the method for updating profiles on this site (by which I mean PSNProfiles) is public knowledge, but @jonny2608 and I have assumed it's a (custom built) scraper of the official PlayStation profile pages rather than an API (Google doesn't seem to return any reference to an official API), and I'd guess the same is true of anything unofficial providing store data.

Pretty certain it's an API. I'm up to my eyeballs in APis right now with my business so did a DuckDuckGo search before posting that, for example there's a GitHub here - https://github.com/mgp25/psn-api 

For this website in particular, I doubt it could process your trophy profile updates that quickly if it was a scraper, typically takes a few seconds for me normally (extremely impressive tech btw).

• Like 1

Iam looking at the new european web store and it seams very limited now

2 features have disappeared :

- no trailer or screenshot in a specific game page

- no more filter option (price ??)

And I still can't get used to the disappearance of the wishlist....

i feel so disapointed :/

• Like 2

On 10/18/2020 at 4:25 AM, Darling Baphomet said:

Not... really, they're just trying to keep the platform safe from harassment. It's a private company, and that means they're legally allowed to moderate it as they see fit. Besides that, they're not monitoring voice themselves, simply allowing people to do their own recording. Now, you could make a case for it being dystopic that profit driven corporations are able to tightly control public platforms (and by extension, public discourse), but that's a systemic issue, not something exclusive to Sony.

I agree with your second point, but I don't think that this is being done with good intentions. Also,just because other tech companies are acting in an authoritarian manner doesn't mean it's OK (it also doesn't mean Sony should join in either).

Even if we assume that the intentions are good, they have specifically referenced that any exploitation of glitches or bugs could be a breach of the terms of service/code of conduct.

Therefore, even doing something that is not cheating could result in a ban - I'm thinking the sky walking glitch in Uncharted 3 multiplayer in a private session for lolz as an example of something completely harmless that they might punish anyway. I know "slippery slope" is a logical fallacy, but I'd bet my bottom dollar it applies here. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

Pretty certain it's an API. I'm up to my eyeballs in APis right now with my business so did a DuckDuckGo search before posting that, for example there's a GitHub here - https://github.com/mgp25/psn-api 

For this website in particular, I doubt it could process your trophy profile updates that quickly if it was a scraper, typically takes a few seconds for me normally (extremely impressive tech btw).

? interesting. Last time I searched for APIs it just seemed like unofficial stuff, but this and another 'wrapper' do talk as though there's an official one.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 6:47 AM, Kcrack_Km said:

I don’t give a shit about anything except the Wishlist. They only time I use the store is to check if any games I want are on sale, now I have to do this manually for each game for every new sale. Would love to know wtf was going through Sony’s head when they decided to get rid of this simple feature.

You probably missed this earlier in this thread: https://psprices.com/

Several posters alerted me to this site, so I manually recreated my wishlist on it myself as it's probably better anyway. You can also get notifications when games are discounted as well.

I'm very certain the wishlist will come back, I think they did this to cover themselves legally/reputationally as they can now remove all PSP, Vita and PS3 games from everyone's wishlist with no comeback.

===

Web version of the Store still hasn't been updated for me (UK version).

I haven't been able to access the PS3 Store for two weeks plus now either ("under maintenance").

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

Several posters alerted me to this site, so I manually recreated my wishlist on it myself as it's probably better anyway. You can also get notifications when games are discounted as well.

I'm very certain the wishlist will come back, I think they did this to cover themselves legally/reputationally as they can now remove all PSP, Vita and PS3 games from everyone's wishlist with no comeback.

===

I haven't been able to access the PS3 Store for two weeks plus now either ("under maintenance").

Press triangle to delete the store off your ps3 and enter it and it will re-download it. That will usually fix it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Press triangle to delete the store off your ps3 and enter it and it will re-download it. That will usually fix it

Thank you very much, I will try that.

As usual with Sony, a multi-billion dollar multinational corporation, I love the way I have to rely on third-party add-ons and friendly advice from Internet forums to get their products to work properly ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baboon_overlord said:

===

Ah thank you, that site is fine. 

• Like 1