Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

2 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

Just went on the store to check my Wishlist for sales and now it is gone 1f621.png, what a stupid decision by Sony. I don't want to fire up my console and go onto the slow PS store just to look at my Wishlist, or scroll through all the games during a sale with this slow site. Am I crazy or are the filters/sort options gone? This better not be it's final form.

Also, did they get rid of the videos and screenshots for games? I sure hope someone hacked their site and put this garbage up there, it's their only excuse now.

Not only that, but their page now looks like a terrible blog posting, can't wait until it's riddled with ads all over the place...

AFAIK Wishlist isn’t even a thing on the console(s). They’re just ditching it completely. ☹️

2 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

Just went on the store to check my Wishlist for sales and now it is gone ?, what a stupid decision by Sony. I don't want to fire up my console and go onto the slow PS store just to look at my Wishlist, or scroll through all the games during a sale with this slow site. Am I crazy or are the filters/sort options gone? This better not be it's final form.

Also, did they get rid of the videos and screenshots for games? I sure hope someone hacked their site and put this garbage up there, it's their only excuse now.

Not only that, but their page now looks like a terrible blog posting, can't wait until it's riddled with ads all over the place...

This works for me

Wishlist hasnt been cleared

https://store.playstation.com/de-at/wishlist

7 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

I will just add that I like being able to support small businesses/local retailers where I can buy second hand games from.

Additionally, when a company does something incredibly egregious like the artificial grind at the end of Shadow of War (a game I really wanted to buy), not only did I punish Warner Brothers by boycotting the game until they ripped out the micro-transactions, I further punished them by buying the game second hand, so I got to enjoy the game and they didn't get a penny out of me.  

Agree entirely. I don't like GameStop and Best Buy as businesses, but they never did me any serious wrongdoing when I went in to buy used games. Best Buy over the years treated me very well, and often I found PS4 games at far lower prices than the PS Store was offering.

Yeah that was a major mistake which got both Monolith and WB Games in serious water. There was a livestream a few years back on the developers commenting on how the Nemesis System worked in that game. But when it came down to the lootboxes, everybody was getting angry at having to spend many hours and much wasted time of what essentially is a gambling mechanism.

I have the game and will be playing it soon. Hopefully it's as good as the first game was.

7 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

As for EA, they never stopped being evil. In addition to the games you mention, they gave us the abomination known as Anthem (almost sacrificing Bioware on the altar of their "live service" god in the process) , almost screwing Dragon Age:Inquisition by forcing them to use Frostbite, bringing us Mass Effect: Meme Edition, firing Amy Hennig and her team for the crime of not making a live service micro-transaction game (which we got anyway) and the Battlefield II fiasco (including the most downvoted comment in Reddit history). Throw in additional shitshows like the EA lawyer cringing out UK Members of Parliament's loot box inquiry with "we like to call them surprise mechanics" and yes, EA have basically been a disaster for a very long time.

It's why I like to say that the correct way to spell "Andrew Wilson" is "Satan".

They weren't voted Worst Company back in 2012 for no reason.

Andrew Wilson can't even speak normally anymore. He's the perfect punching bag for us consumers. The man who preceded him as CEO of EA wasn't any better either.

• Like 1

I read somewhere that the wishlist would be intact with the rest of the console store app, but I was sadly wrong, and it probably never was there...haven't used the console app in years.

Guess I'll go back to ebaying used games again, but there is a lot of digital only games that are good too.

Edited by Grotz99

3 minutes ago, Niilismo said:

I just checked out the new web store, and holy shit. I'd seen a few screenshots so I knew it was terrible, but I didn't realize it was THIS bad. It's pretty much unusable. I'd call it a piece of hot garbage, but honestly that doesn't even begin to describe it. What the actual fuck.

Sony's getting a little too full of itself again, just like at the end of the PS2 generation. If they keep doing shit like this, I think the PS4 may be my last Sony console.

This times a million.  Can't sort any lists by any criteria, can't filter for anything, have to scroll through a ton of garbage to get to what you are looking for.  I hate to say it but the store on the console is now so much better than this crap.  

Also, they have the PS3 and Vita games still listed, but you can't buy them.  Try clicking the Buy Download link and you either go back to the home page or you get directed to the PS4 version of the game (if it exists).  What a mess.  They should have just kept the old store for their "retro" (PS3 and earlier) games.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cycoivan said:

They should have just kept the old store for their "retro" (PS3 and earlier) games.

It boggles my mind that they didn't do this. It makes absolutely no sense, it would've cost them nothing to just keep the old store up for people still using legacy consoles.

• Like 2

Of course the new store system will be improved over time, but right now. . . it just flat out sucks, very badly. And i'm not even talking about the visual design; that's the least of the store's issues, really. No sorting feature at all, no more screenshots or videos promoting the game, no related links like DLC on the game page, etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grotz99 said:

Guess I'll go back to ebaying used games again, but there is a lot of digital only games that are good too.

I guess anything that has a physical copy, even if it's limited, I will buy, because I can always just sell the games on eBay. I've done this for years.

Shame, because Sony could of added additional features that would of made filtering more convenient.

1 hour ago, Niilismo said:

Sony's getting a little too full of itself again, just like at the end of the PS2 generation. If they keep doing shit like this, I think the PS4 may be my last Sony console.

That's what you get when you have no competition. Sony wouldn't even think of doing this crap when they were suffering from the PSN shutdown back in 2011. They basically came out and handed people free games for sticking through their troubles.

Now they're on the throne doing shit just because they can. Let's admit it, many of you guys were probably Xbox 360 gamers last gen, who jumped ship once Microsoft pissed in the bed with their handling of DRM and how they presented their Xbox One.

• Like 1

K, I see I'm not the only one who thinks this new store is rubbish ?.

Don't know if it's just the lower resolution of my laptop (no 4K), but all I see is an endless bunch of cover shots. Only if I click on them I can see a text-based game title. It's not comfortable that way to scroll through the long lists of games. Even if I search for a specific game titel, I just get a lot of colored squares with no description. There's sometimes not even a difference between DLC or main game (except the price ?). And speaking of, there seems to be no link between main game and dlc like it was in previous store (with everything listed that belongs to a game).

Don't think they can let it be like this. Publishers want to sell their additional stuff, but now people probably don't even know that something exists (if they use webstore - don't know about how it works on PS5). They even deleted all advertisement ("if you like this game, you will also probably like these") ?

Luckily on ps app its not updated yet. Don't know if they can do it "behind the scenes", but maybe we can just dismiss an app update ?.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sk_lp_him said:

Sony have taken the backwards thing too much to heart and they have become a backwards company. Hope they fail with the ps5 but the fanboys and girls will probably line up their pockets no matter what shit they serve them.

Lol what. I will buy the Ps5 for the games, not for how the store looks on a PC. 

Come on, you can be a bit more mature than that. 

10 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Works for now, at least. They're still using the chihiro API, which could vanish at any moment.

The new store HAS to use some version of API to show the games. Though I know there's no guarantee.

Without a way to externally check for prices I'm not gonna bother with digital-only games again.

I refuse to manually check some 300 games for a reduced price.

13 minutes ago, Shikotei-kun said:

The new store HAS to use some version of API to show the games. Though I know there's no guarantee.

Without a way to externally check for prices I'm not gonna bother with digital-only games again.

I refuse to manually check some 300 games for a reduced price.

Yes, they're using a new graphql API. I'm working on a better front-end for it.

LOL, i never thought i could see a web store w/o any category/filter function, reminding me of the web site of my neighborhood diner....

SONY IS this stupid.

34 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Yes, they're using a new graphql API. I'm working on a better front-end for it.

Where can you find information regarding these APIs? thanks.

• Like 1

Does anyone know why Ratalaika games (and I assume some other games) show up twice on the store? For example, Football Game has two entries:

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/product/UP0891-CUSA17966_00-RATAFOOTBALLGAME

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/product/UP0891-PCSE01443_00-RATAFOOTBALLGAME

Both are PS4, both are the same region (Canada). I assume that this is a weird glitch resulting from cross-buy or something (it's like it's trying to list the Vita version, but the Vita version doesn't exist anymore as far as the web store is concerned, so it says it's the PS4 version?).

1 minute ago, Maverick6146 said:

Where can you find information regarding these APIs? thanks.

By digging around in the source code and monitoring network traffic as you access the site. There's no "easy" way.

It's up for NA, and I can't say I hate it, and it tells me if the game is included in PSNow, Which is something I've wanted for a while. 

Also I see a "EA included" on some games

Does this mean EA Play subscription service is coming to ps5? It certainly seems that way. I'm not against it

It does need improvements(Title Names?)

Well the app still works like before, and that's what I always use, so this effects me little atm

Edited by Dav9834