Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

Is anyone else currently unable to get anything to load on mobile or the PS4 console Store? I only managed to search two games on PS4 before they just stopped loading completely, and the Store on my phone refuses to load at all. 

Great freaking job Sony. ?

Edit: Thank you @SnowxSakura for the links, seems to be the only way I can fully access the Store ATM. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 1

PSPrices has data for a new promo, so at least for now them and similar sites are still able to get what they need. Problem is for how long.

Anyway they should have to let something compatible working as the PS3 and Vita stores were not updated on the consoles and they would not be able to get any data otherwise.

But we can assume that in the near future the PS3 and Vita stores will be completely axed. It's what the moron in chief wants anyway. Force people to buy PS5 as we have a bigger margin there. Just numbers...

No, sorry, for the gamers...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, soliunasm said:

Edit: I just decided to click on the "Add-ons" tab to see what, if anything, may have been new. Turns out you can't even see anything more than the twelve recommended games they have listed and that's it. You have to manually search your game and potentially know the name of the add-ons specifically in order for them to even show up. Unbelievable.

This is what actually bugged me the most. Like I checked the old store on a daily basis and always went to the 'DLC' section to see what's new, just in case I missed anything like e.g. a new Soul Calibur character. What. The. Hell. Did Sony think?!

Fun fact: PSDLE recognizes PS5 content when it generates the list from the old Web Store. It's labeled as "PS4" but all the other info is there.

EDIT: i forgot to say, the PS5 content normally appears in the old Download List. No platform is associated to it though.

Edited by Lance_87

It's very noticeable when you access the revamped website that is just showcase of future games, it's like a retail store, you see boxes and click Buy it, all the previous functionality has gone, wishlists, etc. I can't see a point to access this new website. With psprices and youtube to know about the games is enough. Pointless website.

Edit: for upcoming titles you can access PS discord.

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, talespagni said:

This is the 1st thread I see here where 99% of the people have the same opinion and no fight is happening.

Well, of course, we aren't Reddit, GameFAQs or any local gaming news website where you can be called "delusional" or "whiner" for not liking the new Store.

• Like 2

Are they done updating the Web Store?

If so, this was a terrible decision on their part. I'm with everyone else here.

Why isn't the DLC listed alongside the main games page?
Why did they take the preview videos/images out?

Why is the Deals section a mess?

Why is the U.I. such a convoluted design? 

Why is there no Dark Mode for the eyes?

• Like 2

I have gone and used the PS4 Store via the console. Unlike the browser Store I can actually navigate and find the shit I want to search for. The old Store was still far superior.

What a joke. I said everything I had to say about the new store at this point. Hopefully Sony will crash and burn just like what happened with the launch of the PS3 back in 2006.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Coming soon: screenshots and trailers, and trophy information, and trophy guide links, and other region pricing on product pages, oh my!

iK41qkG.jpg

Good work. Far better than the store atrocity.

Sony should of hired you to be their web developer.

• Like 2

On 26.10.2020 at 5:08 PM, SnowxSakura said:

Apparently you can still access the old stores for now using specific links

Very interesting. Obviously these are the links which are used in the old ps app version. Never noticed before that it's only such a simple additon in the url.

So even if I'll be forced to do the app update, I can still use the old store. Nice! ☺️

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fafnir-Emperor said:

Thank you HeinrichReich.

Thanks to that link i can access my old ps3 store and can see which dlc,games, adds for them i have.

Let's hope sony wont delete it.

It wasn't me who posted that info first, but you're welcome ^^.

(kudos goes to @SnowxSakura)

Edited by HeinrichReich

Just a quick FYI to everyone: as recently as last night the old (US) store linked by @SnowxSakura was 100% functional on mobile. I used it to login, add a gift card to my account, and made 4 purchases that I received receipts for and was able to download to my PS4 later with no issues. Crossing my fingers that it continues to work indefinitely. ?

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Coming soon: screenshots and trailers, and trophy information, and trophy guide links, and other region pricing on product pages, oh my!

iK41qkG.jpg

If this goes live, you're a hero. Sony should just pay you for the site rebuild.

Btw, where is that completion time coming from (if it is that)? Is it from howlongtobeat.com? Would love to see those stats.

Edited by Grotz99

17 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

Btw, where is that completion time coming from (if it is that)? Is it from howlongtobeat.com? Would love to see those stats.

It’s time to platinum (and I realized after posting that screenshot that it was very buggy! Fixed now though), obtained from various trophy guides (roughly an average of the time said by the 3 linked trophy guides).

Still working out some kinks with scraping the new Sony store (im not using the old chihiro API, to futureproof the site) but I’m hoping to have a private beta up in a week or so. PM me if interested.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 2

It's not perfect but at least the Deals are portrayed accurately now. Old playstation site listed like only the same 5 games under PS Plus Discounts for some reason and oftentimes the "All Deals" section would break and show nothing.

I still don't like the new site very much though lol