Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

I don't like the new design for the same reasons you mentioned @ImMagnetz and @kcf392... when i read that they gonna change design of web and mobile shop i hoped for something better. I dislike the mobile shop due to less options to filter or sort things (you can't say "game" or "bundle" or "avatar" for example) but now they did this also on the web shop too? In the sales i was frustrated that you cannot sort from lowest to highest or vice versa depended on current prices but they instead used standard prices. Now they simply take away that option at all in the web shop. Why Sony why?? :(

Edited by Evil_Joker88

54 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

There's also the fact that, unless I'm mistaken, if a game is on sale but you already own it, you can't see what the price is. It just comes up as "Purchased". What if I see a game that I know my friend's had his eye on and want to let him know what price it is?

It's an excellent reason to use the Private Browsing feature. Other than logging out there's no easy way to see the price.

16 hours ago, ImMagnetz said:

There's also the fact that, unless I'm mistaken, if a game is on sale but you already own it, you can't see what the price is. It just comes up as "Purchased". What if I see a game that I know my friend's had his eye on and want to let him know what price it is?

I had the same isse with the previous store version too.

21 hours ago, ImMagnetz said:

Log out, private/anonymous browsing window or PSprices.

On 30/10/2020 at 5:11 PM, Shikotei-kun said:

It's an excellent reason to use the Private Browsing feature. Other than logging out there's no easy way to see the price.

On 31/10/2020 at 1:48 PM, Lance_87 said:

Log out, private/anonymous browsing window or PSprices.

Yeah, I'd probably use incognito mode but it sucks that I have to do that at all.

I was looking through the shop on mobile app and web shop for the new ps+ titles, they aren't visible yet, but i discovered something else that surprised me. I found Vampyr and Nfs Paypack with only the option to download them to my ps4. Nothing happened but that's because my ps4 is off. But on both screens they didn't show either game purchased while logged in nor purchase now while not logged in. I think Sony took away the possibility to purchase new ps+ on mobile and web shop so we can't get them but on the console itself. This would go along with the notes given for Bugsnax and the Ps+ Collection for ps5 being available only on PS5 consoles...

Edited by Evil_Joker88

On 10/29/2020 at 9:31 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

Yep, the new store sucks ass. Reminds me of the update... a year ago? Where they removed the ability to search by genre. Seems like everything's getting turned into mobile sites, even outside of mobile now. I miss when website design was simple and straightforward.

Most of the shit I see nowadays is fucking despicable. Forbes has absolutely horrendous web design, other mainstream websites are just cluttered with massive pictures, wasted space, padded garbage in the form of drop down menus, and flashy logos.

The early to mid 2000s was when websites for the most part were well designed without being too cluttered. The past few years have been a joke. Everyone just copies off each other and uses Wix and other tools to make a generic blog webpage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I was looking through the shop on mobile app and web shop for the new ps+ titles, they aren't visible yet, but i discovered something else that surprised me. I found Vampyr and Nfs Paypack with only the option to download them to my ps4. Nothing happened but that's because my ps4 is off. But on both screens they didn't show either game purchased while logged in nor purchase now while not logged in. I think Sony took away the possibility to purchase new ps+ on mobile and web shop so we can't get them but on the console itself. This would go along with the notes given for Bugsnax and the Ps+ Collection for ps5 being available only on PS5 consoles...

I can purchase the new PS+ games from both versions of the Web Store...

Edited by Lance_87

I don't understand why they would remove the sorting option.  I like to choose cheapest on sales or newest for new releases, etc. The wishlist too! I use that to keep try of everything! I don't want to remember or seek out the 20 games that I like on sale, I liked to see them in one place.

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I just added both November games to my library, no issues.

• Like 1

thx @Lance_87 @HusKy i checked again and now i found the ps+ games on mobile app but they're more hidden than before. On shop main page is a link for ps+ which took me to a different sony page not inside the store. But now as i clicked on Subscriptions page they show all ps+ content. Funnily they still show Vamypr and Payback as ps+ titles but when i clicked show all offers the games changed to Hollow Knight and Shadow of War.

But now i see another detail which i don't like. On the old design i just had to click on the avatar to see personal information including how much money is in my wallet. That info is now one click further away in payment options.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

thx @Lance_87 @HusKy i checked again and now i found the ps+ games on mobile app but they're more hidden than before. On shop main page is a link for ps+ which took me to a different sony page not inside the store. But now as i clicked on Subscriptions page they show all ps+ content. Funnily they still show Vamypr and Payback as ps+ titles but when i clicked show all offers the games changed to Hollow Knight and Shadow of War.

But now i see another detail which i don't like. On the old design i just had to click on the avatar to see personal information including how much money is in my wallet. That info is now one click further away in payment options.

Well yes, the old Store is still there but some small things have changed, i.e. you can't directly access the old Download List anymore.

Ugg this new store just sucks. There is no way to sort. Its easyer to just google it [game name] ps whatever then go thougth the store. 

Also why pure white for background? It blinding and hard to look at. Black was so much easyer to see

Edited by Zid960

On 10/30/2020 at 4:28 AM, TheOiler19 said:

It comes to something when a website like psprices.com is actually better at searching for games, DLC, bundles and offers etc than the official Sony PS store.  Surely they must have beta tested this with anyone over the age of 14?

Thanks i didn't know of this site it way better then the sony store now

I'm more irritated by the lack of information on how to add certain games.

Ok, I don't have a PS5, but it says I can add Bugsnax to my library anyway so I have it for when I do, per usual.

Ok...where? The "click here" button doesn't take me to a store page.

There's something about big corporations being incapable of making good, functional, websites for their product. NBA has the same problem where it's largely unusable if you just want a simple place to yanno... get what you want. 

I HIGHLY recommend using the website - PS Prices, if you want an easy convenient way to browse games. Someone on here showed it to me ages ago and I haven't looked back. Easily allows you to filter by price, is always up to date on the latest sales, there's a wishlist, you can pay to even have it notify you if it goes below a certain price - AND you can filter or "hide" games you'll never have any interest in. It made having to use the PS Store obsolete for me other than when I KNOW what I already want to buy. 

• Like 4