Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

4 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

Which is correct.

It is correct if all games have both a physical and digital release and are released "as is" without the need of DLC or patches, otherwise it's completely useless to discuss about it.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

Was a list ever populated with the items that are hard or otherwise impossible to find using the system/mobile app store? Now might be a good time to try and build one from your own PSN lists. I know I had a small piles of PS3 themes and games that I could only find with the aid of the PSDLE script.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

Was a list ever populated with the items that are hard or otherwise impossible to find using the system/mobile app store? Now might be a good time to try and build one from your own PSN lists. I know I had a small piles of PS3 themes and games that I could only find with the aid of the PSDLE script.

I'm seriously worried about PSDLE. I pray that they (Sony) keep at least the Download list and the Download queue for things we already own no matter the system.

Hopefully, if they keep the queue, they'll finally fix the problem with PS4 bundles... and Uncharted 4. And the return of the possibility to queue stuff while the PS4 is turned off, like it used to be until several months ago.

Edited by Lance_87

4 hours ago, awf9495 said:

This is essentially what will happen with newer Vita titles. For instance, Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen is nowhere to be found on the PS Store if you access it directly from your Vita. The only way to get it is to buy it from the internet PS Store and then access it on the Vita through the Download list.

If they don't repair the vita store, at least our last hope is the ps3. I just found Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen in the ps3 store for the vita. Obviously it sucks a lot for people with vitas and not ps3, but it's something...

• Like 2

I haven't been able to log into the browser store for like years anyways, so for PS4 at least (since I don't buy digital PS3 content anymore if I can help it) I've been buying on the console app.  No harm done.

That being said, if you're really into buying digitally and this news upsets you... this is just the beginning.  Even if it's just a rumor, wait until they take legacy console store apps offline entirely too because the pittance they make from it isn't worth the resources of maintaining it with backend overhauls over the next few generations.  I can see Xbox probably finding ways to make it work since Xbox Live is a finely tuned engine... though it'll probably succumb to it eventually too... but if the name change feature is any indication, the backends of PSN are held together with glue and duct tape and are due for some major restructuring down the road.  Most legacy platforms won't survive it.

Edited by Dreakon13

4 hours ago, awf9495 said:

For instance, Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen is nowhere to be found on the PS Store if you access it directly from your Vita. The only way to get it is to buy it from the internet PS Store and then access it on the Vita through the Download list.

Damn. Imagine a world without the cult favorite Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen.

No point living without that gem.

Good thing there is a workaround.

All 9 people interested in that game will be relieved. Phew.

8 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Damn. Imagine a world without the cult favorite Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen.

I guess the idea is that while it may just be that game today, it may be a lot of other games tomorrow.  And then eventually that workaround isn't a thing anymore on certain platforms.  And maybe your download list goes away on certain platforms.  And ya'll got no choice but to deal with it because you sold your soul to Sony for some mild convenience with digital store purchases instead of supporting physical. ;)

Edited by Dreakon13

8 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

The game actually has over 3000 owners between the three stacks just on PSNP. Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean no one does.

Edited by Pyramat
  • Like 4

Big step backwards for Sony.

That PS3 store is atrocious to browse. I have a backlog of games I still need to purchase dlc for. I store games on my PSN App store wishlist for games I still need that dlc for. Now I will need to painstakingly navigate the PS3 store hoping the console doesn't freeze and run faster than 10fps to actually do something I can already do on my phone. 

A PS3 digital/add-on sale will at least soften the blow of this but i'm not holding my breath for that. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

It is correct if all games have both a physical and digital release and are released "as is" without the need of DLC or patches, otherwise it's completely useless to discuss about it.

No game "needs" DLC.  An argument can be made for patches, but most games work well enough out of the box... and even if it has some issues, it's better than nothing.  Which is what digital gamers will inevitably be left with when Sony takes their ball and goes home.

Edited by Dreakon13

Just now, LastMinuteSavior said:

@majob @Dreakon13 @Pyramat

I understand your point. But that's just how the cookie crumbles. Things gotta get streamlined every so often. Because profits.

Anyways, I was mostly kidding. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

#WeebLivesMatter 270c.png

The streamline excuse doesn't really hold when Microsoft still has it's legacy stores up and it wouldn't take much to simply place all legacy content in their own section while placing PS4 and PS5 content on their own. SIE is notorious for wanting to do things their own way regardless of how consumer feel. I absolutely hate Microsoft but even I have to admit they're on the ball when it comes to these things.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

More nonsense and gibberish from PushSquare. The Web store which isn't platform specific(it has always been legacy) is suddenly going to just be the PS5 store and only the PS5 store despite Sony never doing anything like this when changing previous gens. 

Ahem... i don't think that rumor originated from PushSquare. https://planetevita.fr/playstation-store-fin-jeux-psvita-ps3/

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1