Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

36 minutes ago, Faaip de Oiad said:

People are going apeshit over a rumour from PushSquare of all places? They are as trustworthy as Todd "syxteen tymez teh dee-tail" Howard.

A lot of people probably aren't aware of this.  I sure had never heard of the site before this, though I agree that it seems like a false rumor.  It's very possible that PS3, Vita, PSP and also likely PS1 and PS2 classics (since those are only playable on legacy systems too) won't be openly present, but they likely will still be findable via wishlists and other direct links.  Definitely hope it's a rumor though because I much prefer buying games on the website.

10 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

So Sony is going to make it even harder for you to buy games for your old systems now while Microsoft is all in on backwards compatiablity

Wonderful optics for Sony

Someone nailed directly to the point. The gaming industry is branching strenuously and abruptly from what is year ago.

Now the difference between each company will be huge, and now the consumer will have way more options to weight before their final decision to consume any hardware or platform. Which can hinder heavily the final income of the companies, and the decision-making will balance towards more ridiculous choices; and the circle is set. This is plainly unfounded and yes, is big misstep towards Sony. May they seal their fates now? Remember, the companies usually change the lead between generations (a conspiracy theory, may be?) so I wouldn't be surprised, sadly, that Sony will lose player base since this kind of unnoticed but impactful corporative choices. 

4 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

That can't be true. It's so user unfriendly it's ridiculous. I think since the beginning of the PS4 I bought all games through the Desktop store. It takes much more time to do that on the consoles, especially the PS3.

And removing the wishlist would cost Sony money in the long term, cause many people only wait for their games to drop in price and buy it then. Losing track of the games you want to purchase would be a bad choice, cause you simply forget about them if you don't see the games again during a big sale. But even then it can be overseen due to the amount of games being on sale.

I agree. I have different wishlisht in 4 different stores. I do not even go directly to sale, I just enter my wishlist and first I want to see are any games that I want currently on sale.This sucks.....

Edited by OverHypedG
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

That can't be true. It's so user unfriendly it's ridiculous. I think since the beginning of the PS4 I bought all games through the Desktop store. It takes much more time to do that on the consoles, especially the PS3.

And removing the wishlist would cost Sony money in the long term, cause many people only wait for their games to drop in price and buy it then. Losing track of the games you want to purchase would be a bad choice, cause you simply forget about them if you don't see the games again during a big sale. But even then it can be overseen due to the amount of games being on sale.

Not only for them, but for publishers, developers and consumers alike. 

Well explained, I agree with this view. I'm one of those late gamers of the generation that this move will make me wish less to change from cross generational consoles, to be honest. 

• Like 1

That's extremely annoying if true. I don't use the store via the consoles because I find it hard to use. Sometimes I find I can't see what I'm looking for either, even when using the search option. I prefer using the store via the web/app

(hoping I've read this correctly. I have just woken up, lol) 

Edited by Scorpiio93

1 hour ago, OverHypedG said:

These are sad and bad news because I started playing very late in 2018. Haven't had the oportunity to explore more or anything. A bit disappointed and do not know what is their main goal with this.

Lol, so fake if that's 'official'.

Edited by Tempestad_cl

1 hour ago, LoveInHell said:

I assume its not possible anymore to add PS+ other console games to your library then...?

I was going to add the PS5 PS+ games to my library without having the console via my PS phone app.

Sorry, i don't get it. Old consoles no longer get Plus games but you will keep what you already have.

49 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Sorry, i don't get it. Old consoles no longer get Plus games but you will keep what you already have.

No, I mean future consoles. Whoever owned a PS3 only, could add PS4 PS+ games to their library. I wonder if we wont be able to now with the PS5.

23 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

No, I mean future consoles. Whoever owned a PS3 only, could add PS4 PS+ games to their library. I wonder if we wont be able to now with the PS5.

They are not removing PS4 Plus games from the web Store, or from Plus itself, anytime soon. Same for non-Plus games.

57 minutes ago, HusKy said:

As long as I can track games via psprices.com, I'm happy. But I'm worried they only scrape the web storefront for all their data and that would mean PS Vita / PS3 games would no longer be tracked as well.

Do they even track games that have never been discounted for a long time?

Edited by Lance_87

14 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

There is no source and the image from Planète Vita looks shady as fuck. Why are the dates hyperlinked and why is the phrase describing what's in the bulleted list part of the bulleted list? The formatting is bad. 

This is almost certainly fake since no one can provide a proper source. Sounds like something Sony would do though, which is probably why people are eating it up.

Hello, 

I wrote this news at Planète Vita. I can assure you that this is no fake since a trusted dev (that I can't name) give us this screenshot yesterday. 

Also, some others devs are talking about this. You can check Luc Bernard Twitter and he just said that it's why his next Vita game will be only available physical via eastasiasoft & Play asia. 

Bad news. 

• Like 1

Whelp time to download everything I want from the web store to my PS3 to avoid that garbage console store that takes ages to load. Also a need to make a wish list document now...Next thing you know they'll stop supporting trophy syncs on PS3/Vita. Really need to go back and finish the backlog on those consoles but there's way too much backlog on PS4 still.

42 minutes ago, Sebgob said:

Hello, 

I wrote this news at Planète Vita. I can assure you that this is no fake since a trusted dev (that I can't name) give us this screenshot yesterday. 

Also, some others devs are talking about this. You can check Luc Bernard Twitter and he just said that it's why his next Vita game will be only available physical via eastasiasoft & Play asia. 

Bad news. 

Just a suggestion for future articles: when posting news, always name a source. If you can't name a source for whatever reason then tell the reader how you got the information and how sure you are of its  validity. "A trusted developer who wishes to remain anonymous has shared this picture of an email which he received from Sony about the upcoming changes for the PS Store" for example. I'm sure that you have seen many fake leaks in the form of images without sources if you follow gaming and it really helps the reader to judge the validity of the article if you name a source. 

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 3