Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

On 8.10.2020 at 9:04 PM, awf9495 said:

This is essentially what will happen with newer Vita titles. For instance, Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen is nowhere to be found on the PS Store if you access it directly from your Vita. The only way to get it is to buy it from the internet PS Store and then access it on the Vita through the Download list.

I'm sorry for asking, but are you sure about this? I've just checked and I can find it when searching for "Utawarerumono", and apart from a NP-2238-5 warning when opening the item itself (I think it's when it loads the price cause that is then displayed in the list), I can get through right up until it asks me to add money to my balance to buy Prelude to the Fallen without any issues. 

All in the normal Vita store. Maybe the region could be an issue? (de-ch/swiss german here)

12 minutes ago, KyoAkusa said:

I'm sorry for asking, but are you sure about this? I've just checked and I can find it when searching for "Utawarerumono", and apart from a NP-2238-5 warning when opening the item itself (I think it's when it loads the price cause that is then displayed in the list), I can get through right up until it asks me to add money to my balance to buy Prelude to the Fallen without any issues. 

All in the normal Vita store. Maybe the region could be an issue? (de-ch/swiss german here)

Try with Romancing SaGa 3 please.

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

20 minutes ago, KyoAkusa said:

Can't find either on the US vita store

24 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

17 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Can't find either on the US vita store

I've checked Romancing SaGa 3 on mine, I could find it.

Checking with my US account though, I cannot find Romancing SaGa 3, but I can find Uta: Prelude. "Utawarerumono" shows 6 Deception DLC, Deception, Prelude, 16 Prelude DLC, 2 Deception Themes, 2 Truth Memes, and then Mask of Truth.

Yet both show up in the en-us, and de-ch, web store regions. Crazy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KyoAkusa said:

I've checked Romancing SaGa 3 on mine, I could find it.

Checking with my US account though, I cannot find Romancing SaGa 3, but I can find Uta: Prelude. "Utawarerumono" shows 6 Deception DLC, Deception, Prelude, 16 Prelude DLC, 2 Deception Themes, 2 Truth Memes, and then Mask of Truth.

Yet both show up in the en-us, and de-ch, web store regions. Crazy.

Well thanks for trying. People with issues never specified the regions.

Dafuq, I'm still waiting for PS3 games discounts and wishlist is usefull as hell. And if there is a free theme sometime, I will have to turn PS4 on, launch PSStore and find this specific theme, brilliant idea... Things are getting better and better, I'm glad I'm not a psychofan and don't have to buy PS5 day one.

To be honest, this doesn't bother me one bit. Guess I'm one of those people who just shrugs and move on. I rarely play my PS3 anymore. And I decided to play with both my PS4 and Nintendo Switch more than my PS3. But I doubt they will remove the wishlist. I wonder what the revamped PS Store will look like in preparation for PS5?

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 1:06 PM, Alantor32 said:

To be honest, this doesn't bother me one bit. Guess I'm one of those people who just shrugs and move on. I rarely play my PS3 anymore. And I decided to play with both my PS4 and Nintendo Switch more than my PS3. But I doubt they will remove the wishlist. I wonder what the revamped PS Store will look like in preparation for PS5?

No the Wishlist is mentioned in the rumor, it's going to be removed and revamped (and included in the PS5?). I'm more worried about the Download List/Queue. It's not mentioned in the rumor but i hope it doesn't get revamped. Certain PS3 games have a large amount of DLCs, it's a PITA to download them one by one on console. 

(also if they keep the list, PSDLE could still work properly as i use it to generate a list of all my content, and using the queue through that extension is a lot easier/faster)

Edited by Lance_87

5 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

No the Wishlist is mentioned in the rumor, it's going to be removed and revamped (and included in the PS5?). I'm more worried about the Download List/Queue. It's not mentioned in the rumor but i hope it doesn't get revamped. Certain PS3 games have a large amount of DLCs, it's a PITA to download them one by one on console. 

(also if they keep the list, PSDLE could still work properly as i use it to generate a list of all my content, and using the queue through that extension is a lot easier/faster)

EDIT: https://old.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/j8paw8/with_the_recent_news_of_the_web_stores_overhaul/

'shrugs' No big deal to me imo. If it does get revamped, then I won't lose my crap over it. Call me a sheep or whatever, but I am optimistic (That's a good thing to some people sometimes).

Well that sucks, I haven't been able to access the store from the ps3 in years it simply freezes the console when i try. So I've used the web browser a lot. I guess I won't be buying any dlc I am missing or any additional games for it anymore, i have a physical backlog to go through still. Their loss, I am sure there weren't as many customers for the older consoles as there used to be but some of us were still spending money on it. If this is there way to try to get more people to the ps5 they are wrong, because this behavior just let us know that the same thing will happen to the ps4 content eventually and honestly why would I invest on something when they will get your money, take their toys and leave with a big fuck you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alantor32 said:

'shrugs' No big deal to me imo. If it does get revamped, then I won't lose my crap over it. Call me a sheep or whatever, but I am optimistic (That's a good thing to some people sometimes).

*sigh* if only PS3 and Vita had a search function in the Download List like the PS4 Library... now i'm forced to redownload every single DLC for all my uninstalled physical games to avoid scrolling through infinite items in the near future. And my 1TB HDD is almost full so i'll have to remove some games xD

Edited by Lance_87

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

*sigh* if only PS3 and Vita had a search function in the Download List like the PS4 Library... now i'm forced to redownload every single DLC for all my uninstalled physical games to avoid scrolling through infinite items in the near future. And my 1TB HDD is almost full so i'll have to remove some games xD

Sorry to hear that, man. I know you'll be pissed about doing something like that, but me? I can take searching through infinite items because I may have the patience for it.

1 hour ago, Alantor32 said:

Sorry to hear that, man. I know you'll be pissed about doing something like that, but me? I can take searching through infinite items because I may have the patience for it.

For a fair few, I believe the issue is less a lack of patience and more that the on-system store list tends to not list everything, with some things not showing up altogether for whatever reason. In that sense, this can be a pain. For 90% of the content, however, it's a matter of getting the correct wording and shouldn't be troublesome, some slow fiddling aside. The simplest solution for the moment is to download now whatever the given users knows is going to be hard to find so it's just at the ready for playing.

A further concern I have is Sony finally making good on the implication of delisted items you already own being delisted from your library. As is, there are some delisted items that doesn't show for previous owners in the on-console store at all, but will from the web store.

• Like 2

I mean it's understandable that most people have moved on from the PS3/Vita. I have a few games remaining for both systems, may not finish everything as in get all trophies but I can definitely clear them out in a few months time.

Steam for all it's shovelware crap has an excellent store. Everything is neat and easy to access, I never had any problems looking for games I wanted on the fly. For Sony it is the opposite. For a long time I had issues paying for games on the browser store because after inputting the 3-digit code on the back of the credit/debit card the transaction wouldn't come through. If I bought through the console the transaction would come through, but even on the PS4 looking and buying games is simply far more tedious.

Sony is taking steps backwards with this change, and they don't care. That's the bottom line.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Spaz said:

Steam for all it's shovelware crap has an excellent store. Everything is neat and easy to access, I never had any problems looking for games I wanted on the fly.

This, right here.

I'd love for the PSN Store to operate a bit more like the Steam storefront.

It's not going to happen without the fabled PSN rebuild and probably not even then. Sony will want to make something unique.

Just now, Jelly Soup said:

This, right here.

I'd love for the PSN Store to operate a bit more like the Steam storefront.

It's not going to happen without the fabled PSN rebuild and probably not even then. Sony will want to make something unique.

Sony was NEVER good about designing stuff. It would be nice if they hired some guys from Microsoft to design the store website. 

In preparation for the coming removal of PS3, PS Vita and PSP content from the PlayStation Store, the folks at Delisted Games have spent time recording as many games for the various stores as they can.

Every PS3, Vita, and PSP game on the PlayStation Store, recorded by Delisted Games: https://delistedgames.com/every-ps3-vita-and-psp-game-on-the-playstation-store-recorded/

• Like 2

New library site is up, does everything previous one did, but has no filters for PS3/Vita/PSP stuff.

https://library.playstation.com/recently-purchased

Meaning maybe PSNDL might still be useful for cataloging hard to find crap from previous systems.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1