Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

On 10/11/2020 at 4:29 PM, Jelly Soup said:

For a fair few, I believe the issue is less a lack of patience and more that the on-system store list tends to not list everything, with some things not showing up altogether for whatever reason. In that sense, this can be a pain. For 90% of the content, however, it's a matter of getting the correct wording and shouldn't be troublesome, some slow fiddling aside. The simplest solution for the moment is to download now whatever the given users knows is going to be hard to find so it's just at the ready for playing.

A further concern I have is Sony finally making good on the implication of delisted items you already own being delisted from your library. As is, there are some delisted items that doesn't show for previous owners in the on-console store at all, but will from the web store.

If you go on the download list from your account setting on PS3 then you can see all your download list. I learned this the hard way after scrolling for like 10 minutes to the bottom on the shit PS3 store [between crashes]. idk about Vita though.

5 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

If you go on the download list from your account setting on PS3 then you can see all your download list. I learned this the hard way after scrolling for like 10 minutes to the bottom on the shit PS3 store [between crashes]. idk about Vita though.

Vita has a download list as well, it's how I download because God the vita store

1 hour ago, Jelly Soup said:

New library site is up, does everything previous one did, but has no filters for PS3/Vita/PSP stuff.

https://library.playstation.com/recently-purchased

Meaning maybe PSNDL might still be useful for cataloging hard to find crap from previous systems.

41 minutes ago, Alantor32 said:

i  checked it out and I am liking what I see here.

I like what I see as well, if only they had ps3 and vita in there as well it would be perfect

But going forward it's much easier to see at least

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

New library site is up, does everything previous one did, but has no filters for PS3/Vita/PSP stuff.

https://library.playstation.com/recently-purchased

Meaning maybe PSNDL might still be useful for cataloging hard to find crap from previous systems.

Lmao they re-enabled the PS4 download queue when it's turned off. And it shows ALL purchased games/demos in one page, basically nullifying the need to go through countless pages. If only it included older systems, though... anyway i tried to contact the author of PSDLE but he just refused to reply.

EDIT: there doesn't seem to be a way to put DLCs in the queue from there, it only shows base games. In fact i don't have only 851 PS4 entries, but a lot more.

Edited by Lance_87

2 hours ago, Alantor32 said:

@Spaz U seem awfully angry. I know you don't like the new library, but why the hostility towards Sony?

He gets riled up easily. Just post something and he'll have an opinion about it. Nothing wrong with having one, but one should be mindful on how one expresses themselves. Cone on, Spaz, you have been particularly hostile lately. Too much change? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

Well as somebody who still has some games on the PS3/Vita backlog this is a bit upsetting. Just because most of everybody has moved on from those systems, doesn't mean they are dead. Technically they are because there is no new content, but that's besides the point.

It defiantly sucks, but we're not dead in the water yet. Now would be a good time to make sure anything in your PS3/Vita library that's hard to find via the system store is downloaded and ready for work. Everything else can still be picked up either via direct download or from in game, so we can make do for the time being.

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

Bad fucking move Sony. You taking away sales is one thing. But making it to where it’s more difficult to find the fucking games you purchased on older systems is the real kick in the nuts. 

Steam does it right. Sony probably had a bunch of intern monkeys green light this shit (although it was more likely to be a worthless executive) so anyone looking to buy Tekken Tag Revolution 2 is going to have a real headache accessing it through the console store. 

Between the trophy system change, the censorship bullshit and the store change, what the fuck is going on at Sony?

Yeah, but ps3 is a console that was discontinued 2017. and it was released 2006. It had an lifespan of 11 years. They cant support it forever. 

Mad at Microsoft for discontinuing their products like windows XP too?

And you cant really compare steam with playstation since they dont deliever hardware (except steamlink that had a lifespan of 2-3 years). 

They sell games that might not even run on your computer which sony doesn't.

Not to be salty or toxic. But everything wont run forever and has to make space for new.

And you cant really compare PS with Steam.

Note: I think they should have made the store better for ps3 and vita also. But this is how it is.

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

Well as somebody who still has some games on the PS3/Vita backlog this is a bit upsetting. Just because most of everybody has moved on from those systems, doesn't mean they are dead. Technically they are because there is no new content, but that's besides the point.

What defines the console as dead? It is discontinued which means no support or maintenence anymore (since 2017). 

Just because it still has a community and active users doesnt mean that the console is still alive.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

He gets riled up easily. Just post something and he'll have an opinion about it. Nothing wrong with having one, but one should be mindful on how one expresses themselves. Cone on, Spaz, you have been particularly hostile lately. Too much change? 

Probably unknown to you, but the PS3 and Vita stores are crap. Just terrible. As someone who gets a lot of stuff digital, Sony just made it that much harder to get PSN games off of those consoles.

There is a lot of crap on the store, regardless of what console you buy from, but there are some gems still worth buying on the older systems. Getting physical I feel has more advantages than disadvantages, you can sell those games to someone and make some pocket change. With digital, you can't. Sony's so called refund policy, if they actually have one, is a joke.

17 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

It defiantly sucks, but we're not dead in the water yet. Now would be a good time to make sure anything in your PS3/Vita library that's hard to find via the system store is downloaded and ready for work. Everything else can still be picked up either via direct download or from in game, so we can make do for the time being.

I wasn't talking about stuff you paid for and downloaded before. I'm talking about actually going on the browser store and buying some games you might be interested in. Sony basically made it more difficult to do so on the older systems, so unfortunately you have to access the stores via the consoles. Navigating the stores on them is a nightmare.

16 hours ago, Jauk91 said:

Yeah, but ps3 is a console that was discontinued 2017. and it was released 2006. It had an lifespan of 11 years. They cant support it forever. 

Mad at Microsoft for discontinuing their products like windows XP too?

And you cant really compare steam with playstation since they dont deliever hardware (except steamlink that had a lifespan of 2-3 years). 

They sell games that might not even run on your computer which sony doesn't.

Not to be salty or toxic. But everything wont run forever and has to make space for new.

And you cant really compare PS with Steam.

Note: I think they should have made the store better for ps3 and vita also. But this is how it is.

If they discontinue trophy syncing on the older systems, I am officially done with trophy hunting. Buying Sonic Adventure on the PS3 is now more of a hassle, because I fully intend to get the entire Sonic franchise finished.

Yes I'm fully aware the console is discontinued, so is the Vita and that had a shorter lifespan due to Sony's poor treatment of it. Does that mean I will abandon these consoles? No, because there are still games on there that I want to play and enjoy, because at the end of the day, we buy those consoles to enjoy the games on them. That's the entire point.

Your only other option is PS Now, which requires streaming via the PS4. Now my internet isn't exactly stellar, so sadly this isn't an option for me. Plus not everything is on PS Now. Sony needs to make every single PS3 and Vita title available on PS Now that isn't either delisted or has online server shutdown.

With Steam I can play games that came out fresh last week, and I can play games dating back to the early 1990s, complete with mods and unofficial patches that make them run better. PC always had the advantage of accessibility. You can't even get many options with mods for Fallout 4 on the PS4, on the PC there are many different options I can use to customize the game to the way I want it to be.

And I've been PC gaming since the early 1990s myself, so you assuming I don't know jack about Steam couldn't be further from the truth.

16 hours ago, Jauk91 said:

What defines the console as dead? It is discontinued which means no support or maintenence anymore (since 2017). 

Just because it still has a community and active users doesnt mean that the console is still alive.

What are you trying to say here? That a small group of people that still play these consoles means the consoles themselves are dead?

That's like saying Call of Duty: World at War is dead, despite there still being people playing online 12 years later after it was released. A dead console means there is no activity, or barely any. Look at the PlayStation 2, that is a dead console.

In short, stupid change. Sony wants everybody to move to the PS5, and they're saying "fuck you" to everyone playing on the PS4 and on the older consoles. I don't buy consoles Day 1, two, there's barely anything on the new console I am remotely interested in. I'm paying for a product that will go through a lot of system updates and changes over the next year, so buying it now would be a bad investment.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MATT_THE_FLY said:

People who think this change is good are actual boot lickers

I actually don't think it would of taken a lot of work on Sony's end to make a proper change to the Store. With an all digital future on the very horizon, making everything more accessible would be the right decision.

Sony however wants its fans to drop the PS3/Vita and PS4 to jump ship on the PS5 day one. The more people who buy into a new console, the better the sales will be. More money to line the useless executives pockets. That's the bottom line.

I don't care if a game is 10 years old, if I enjoy it then that's all that matters. Sony couldn't care less about anything that's over two years old. They seek profit margins and quotas, like any major corporation does. Over the years I find these corporations become less and less consumer friendly as time goes on. It will be very interesting to see how they handle themselves well into the PS5 generation.

One thing is for sure, I'm not buying a PS5 day one. Far too much on my backlog to invest several hundred bucks on a new console with some new games.

• Like 4

Just found out about this and I don’t know what to do. My PS3 hasn’t synced trophies/connected to the internet in forever (bad WiFi and Bluetooth chip on a slim-scared to attempt an update w/a wired connection since I’ve read it could brick the console). 

NTM I didn’t even really start caring about trophies/achievements until I got my PS4 recently-so I only synced the PS3 once ages ago and didn’t even realize what I was doing then. ?

Probably going to lose everything not synced when I get it repaired. Oh well. At least I’ve never platinumed any PS3 games. 

There’s probably about fifteen or so games/dlcs/etc. for PS3 I want. Had wishlisted them and was hoping for a sale someday. Don’t want to pay full price since download functionality could be removed from PS3 before I can get my console fixed.

At least I was able to take screenshots of my wishlisted items, for all the good that will do. 

2 hours ago, Xionx said:

When i click on the PS-Store Tab , i still can buy and see PSVita and PS3 Games. Its just not in the Library Tab . Or do i miss something in the whole discussion here?

It’s supposedly happening October 19th:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/playstation-ps5-ps4-ps3-vita-store-games-update/

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y