[Help] My PSN level went from 28 to 404...

YonahFuriae

So, all I have been playing for the past days on PS is Genshin Impact, just a couple minutes ago I see a message on Whatsapp from a friend showing me my level shows as 404, I checked and I can see it too. PSNProfiles show my level correctly, but PSN doesn't. My trophies are okay, I have 6266, but the level and I think % too (Shows 62% yet I just hit level 28 the other day and have just played Genshin). Since I been playing it, I've done play sessions of more than 20 hours, especially last one, woke up at 22PM and went to bed at 18 or so. I could think this could mess my PS4 in some way, but I don't think it would explain others seeing it.

Also, there shouldn't be any risk someone with a modded PS4 used my account as I don't share my password with anyone. I wonder if this is a common issue or a really crazy one, I'm hoping you guys can throw some light here, I've never experienced anything like this on any system. The biggest change I've made on my account was a few weeks ago, I never had any hidden games since trophies were introduced, yet I was unhappy with a couple games, CoD: MW2 and Dragon Ball Raging Blast that a couple friends played like 10 years ago on my home and profile. I took the chance to hide other games Imissed online trophies, such as Uncharted 2 and LBP, but that's really everything I've made to my account.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the quick and helpful replies! I have been so immersed on Genshin I haven't even checked the Friend List, now I see everyone has these crazy levels. I'll look about it, but personally I think this is a really risky move, the perception about levels will change so much. I was 28 and I was hoping to get to 30 soon, but if I'm like 404 now it's like, the number is so high I don't care as much about my level. I think the rate you leveled up the standard way was a more satisfying one with each level more rewarding, if you level up so fast I think is a real mess. Also, while not capped at 99, it was more RPG'ish, where max level tend to be from 99 to 200 or so, I don't know, a pretty strange move, we'll see how it goes.

Edited by YonahFuriae
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

It updated last night homie, you're safe. We're all crazy now, cap moved to 999. PSNP hasn't updated to reflect this change.

I hope PSNP never changes this or they should just show the old level and the new level underneath each other.

Just now, NekoRave said:

It's 404 because an error has occurred 

You crack me up ?

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 1

I'm still confused about the past PSN level limit being 100, and now 999. I swear there was people with PSN level 170 or so, maybe I'm confused with the number of Platinum, Yet looking at the leaderboards the top users are over level 1000 anyway, so I don't get it. And yeah I ended up with a funny level xD

Wow, with all the shit happening in the world I totally missed this change. I am sure this will be a weird surprise for a lot of people. Not sure what to think of this to be honest. The old levels had meaning because at some point it is hard to move up a level. Now it is not... making them less meaningful? It seems they will also update the icons themselves... and this is great news. I still confuse bronze and gold when the icon is tiny, never could figure out why no one in design ever bothered to consider this.

I do hope PSNP will update soon to reflect the changes. 

EDIT: also PS3, haven't tested that yet. It is being left behind quickly now, hopefully it will show the new levels...

Edited by Sifferino

32 minutes ago, YonahFuriae said:

I'm still confused about the past PSN level limit being 100, and now 999. I swear there was people with PSN level 170 or so, maybe I'm confused with the number of Platinum, Yet looking at the leaderboards the top users are over level 1000 anyway, so I don't get it. And yeah I ended up with a funny level xD

Here on psnp and i think other similar websites the psn trophy level was higher than on PSN. On this website top player like Hakoom have reached even over 300. But now everyone on PSN is somewhere between 1 to 999. I guess psnp and other websites will make their own ranks above 999 soon... But maybe you did see some accounts with 1 000+ platinum trophies as there are a couple of them too :)