Stay Frosty is 53.50

Bears Repeating is 1:29.01

Blast to the Past is 52.83

Out for Launch is 1:20.01

Shipping Error is 2:06.62

Crash Landed is 1:43.15

Toxic Tunnels is 2:01.66

Jeez rock blocked took me 7 hours to beat

Finally finished! Thank you for the list, Good luck on your platinum runs!

Edited by AspherX
  • Like 2

This is really quite handy, if I can offer any more information to fill up the list I will, sucks that you can't see platinum time without finishing a gold first. It's not like knowing the time is going to change how challenging it may be to attain it but it helps you figure out if your pace is good or if you maybe need to push yourself faster.

Personally I try to do the best time I can rather than settle for whatever is just good enough but seeing the time and knowing 'okay, maybe this difficult shortcut/trick isn't actually necessary here' etc. could help out.

Okay, so...

Potion Commotion - 00:54:61

Off-Balance - 01:28:76

Ship Happens - 01:10:76

Bears Repeating - 01:29:01

Out for Launch - 1:20:01

Edited by JohnCenaSong-
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering what are the hardest plat time trial relics. 
I also have another question: in the first dimension, despite having the plat time trials relics for both levels I don't have the "V" (check sign) on them, while this happens for every other level in which I got the plat TT relic so far. Does anybody know if this normal?
I have every clear, coloured and inverted gem, every perfect relic and every flashback tape and platinum flashback relic.

For me: Rock Blocked, Nitro Processing, and Jetboard Jetty were the toughest time trials to platinum. There are some other really tough ones too, but those are the toughest 3 I can think of. Crate Escape / Seeing Double right up there too!

And yeah the no tick thing must be a glitch cause I had that too, but have unlocked all the trophies for time trial and perfect relics. 

Rock Blocked is so bad cause the first minute is Dingodile who moves slowly and you have to do it again and again if you make a mistake on the Crash bit at the end. And the dinosaur chase; the time boxes don't count if the dinosaur gets them so you have to make sure to hit them yourself; which increases the chances of hitting the slow down mushrooms or the fucking dinosaur getting you right at the end when he jumps! And you have to triple spin the whole way essentially while running towards the screen. Such a strict time. 

And Jetboard Jetty is an easy level really but the timing; for me at least, was so tight. I triple spinned the whole way and was like 10 seconds slow. I had to have a perfect run with the obstacles all syncing up, and then on the bit where you're on the raft, I had to jump forward on boxes to get to the raft in front, cause if you wait on one raft the whole time, you're way too slow. Those two levels took me so long. 

The other ones I found hard were when controlling Cortex cause his aiming is broken af; so many seconds lost aiming at a box! 

Good luck, and well done on Nitro Processing, cause that level is a bitch too. 

For who may be interested, this is my personal list of the levels ordered by descendant difficulty for the plat TT relic, from the hardest to the easiest.
I just want to say that this wants by no means be an objective comparison between the levels, as it's only my personal experience that may be a result of personal skill, timing and luck.

1. Toxic tunnels
2. Nitro processing
3. Jetboard Jetty
4. Rock blocked
5. Seeing double
6. The crate escape
7. Draggin’ On

8. Cortex Castle

9. Rude awakening
10. Off-Balance

11. Snow way out
12. A Real Grind
13. Hit the road

14. No Dillo Dallying
15. Crash compactor

16. Run it bayou

17. Food Run

18. Shipping error

19. Out for launch

20. Ship happens

21. N.Sanity Peak
22. Booty calls
23. Thar He Blows!
24. Truck stopped

25. Fossil fueled

26. Rush hour
27. Give It a Spin

28. Dino Dash

29. Bears repeating

30. Building bridges

31. Stay frosty

32. Blast to the past

33. Off Beat

34. Stowing away
35. Potion Commotion
36. Hook, Line, And Sinker
37. Home Cookin’

38. Crash landed

My video playlist for platinum relics (first 4 levels are missing since I wasn't recording yet at that time):  

Edited by DaveRoox
  • Like 2

Thanks very much for putting together your lists TC and DaveRoox. I've done up to Off Beat which I just beat on my first completed run by 7 seconds. Thought I'd drop my thoughts/tips on a couple of the harder levels if others are interested.

I've found Jetboard Jetty the most challenging so far by a distance - even pulling some triple-spin jump stunts to get on to the next boat in the 2D section I could still only beat the final time by less than half a second. I learned it's really important to grab all the time crates in the last jetski section on the right - it's not obvious, but they get deducted from your finishing time if your time's frozen when you end the level. The last two jetski sections are made much easier by using Aku-Aku's tactically to quickly blast your way through.

In Draggin On you can gain a second or so by crouch jumping up to the platform with the first "gong basher" enemy (jump right into the corner where there's a slight ledge raise rather than going on to the two sliding platforms) - this will mean he doesn't "wake-up" so you can pass across him instantly. In Off Balance I was able to overtake at the section where you use the purple spin mask in the middle of the level (by using the momentum from the wind elevator to carry me over the line of nitros with an air jump, while the Plat ghost drops to the ground and deals with the jumping enemy) and being more efficient with the Aku-Aku immunity when doing the wall jumps.

On 11/3/2020 at 2:15 PM, DaveRoox said:

For who may be interested, this is my personal list of the levels ordered by descendant difficulty for the plat TT relic, from the hardest to the easiest.
I just want to say that this wants by no means be an objective comparison between the levels, as it's only my personal experience that may be a result of personal skill, timing and luck.

1. Toxic tunnels
2. Nitro processing
3. Jetboard Jetty
4. Rock blocked
5. Seeing double
6. The crate escape
7. Draggin’ On

8. Cortex Castle

9. Rude awakening
10. Off-Balance

11. Snow way out
12. A Real Grind
13. Hit the road

14. No Dillo Dallying
15. Crash compactor

16. Run it bayou

17. Food Run

18. Shipping error

19. Out for launch

20. Ship happens

21. N.Sanity Peak
22. Booty calls
23. Thar He Blows!
24. Truck stopped

25. Fossil fueled

26. Rush hour
27. Give It a Spin

28. Dino Dash

29. Bears repeating

30. Building bridges

31. Stay frosty

32. Blast to the past

33. Off Beat

34. Stowing away
35. Potion Commotion
36. Hook, Line, And Sinker
37. Home Cookin’

38. Crash landed

My video playlist for platinum relics (first 4 levels are missing since I wasn't recording yet at that time):  

Thanks for this a lot. 

I've got 30/38 both time trials and NSP relics so far. 

Now I'm about to start practicing Crash Landed, and then 3 levels in Sn@xx dimension and 4 levels on the Cortex Island... 

Is really a time trials relic in Crash Landed so easy that you listed it on the bottom of your list? 

Anyway, except those 8 levels which I haven't done yet so I can't share my opinion about them, basically I can agree with the difficulty of those 30 levels on your list - this is quite accurate and I think you did a good job for listing them from easiest to the hardest one. 

Only these three from the snowy dimension: Bears repeating, Building bridges and Stay frosty - I would put them higher on the list. For example, I found the Asian-style levels, those from the Tranquility Falls dimension, much easier than you did.

1 hour ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Thanks for this a lot. 

I've got 30/38 both time trials and NSP relics so far. 

Now I'm about to start practicing Crash Landed, and then 3 levels in Sn@xx dimension and 4 levels on the Cortex Island... 

Is really a time trials relic in Crash Landed so easy that you listed it on the bottom of your list? 

Anyway, except those 8 levels which I haven't done yet so I can't share my opinion about them, basically I can agree with the difficulty of those 30 levels on your list - this is quite accurate and I think you did a good job for listing them from easiest to the hardest one. 

Only these three from the snowy dimension: Bears repeating, Building bridges and Stay frosty - I would put them higher on the list. For example, I found the Asian-style levels, those from the Tranquility Falls dimension, much easier than you did.

You're welcome! Happy to help!

Regarding Crash Landed I think it was really easy because I've done a lot of practice on that level for the Perfect relic (and that was a bit of a pain), but overall it's quite straightforward and forgiving if you miss some crates. I suggest that you have a look at my video, you will see a tons of errors I did, but I still took the platinum relic.

Regarding the snow levels I agree with you, probably they are harder than the ones in the Tranquillity Falls dimension, but I guess I just got some luck getting the plat there.

Just done Toxic Tunnels and is the hardest so far by a lot (missing only Cortex Castle and Seeing Double). 

Jetboard Jelly comes second (but maybe because I did all levels in order and I was still lacking practice).

What I hated about TT is that it is clearly bugged. Sometimes platforms and pipes flicker and reset their position while I am midair, probably because they spawn according to specific triggers (like breaking a box). Also, the "aim" of enemies killed by spinning is way too inconsistent compared to other levels. The rats at the beginning before the TNT crates sometimes hit them, sometimes not. The buzzing bug before the 3s + TNT crates sometimes goes into them, sometimes not.

And sometimes the bats were hitting me even if I was spinning.

This increases my feeling that the endgame was rushed.

Edited by nudoetcrudo

Doing all the levels in order and actually just finished up Jetboard Jetty after struggling with it for a while. Glad to see that the consensus is that it's one of the hardest relics, makes me feel better about my chances of actually pulling this off lol. Jetty and Rude Awakening are the only real hurdles I've encountered so far, so it's good to see that that's about as hard as it gets.

So after I finished the story, I did the TT for Rude Awakening. It wasn't as hard as people say. But then, I did Cortex Castle which I struggled with but that was probably because I didn't get used to the level and did the TT before the NPR.

Yesterday, I did Nitro Processing and Toxic Tunnels after getting all gems, NPRs, and platinum relics for the flashback tapes. I honestly didn't find them difficult as many people did. They took me several tries for sure but not hours. But Seeing Double, on the other hand, is just pure pain. I had tried to do it yesterday for more than 2 hours and couldn't do it. Controlling Cortex is just horrible. At least with Crash/Coco you have a lot of flexibility and different movements, not the case with Cortex.

Hopefully, I will do Seeing Double today and I will be done with the last dimension. Then, I will try Rock Blocked or Jetboard Jetty as many people consider them very difficult and tight in terms of time.

The levels I did or tried to do ordered from the most difficult for time trials:

1. Seeing Double
  2. Cortex Castle
  3. Jetboard Jetty
  4. Rock Blocked
  5. Toxic Tunnels
  6. Nitro Processing
  7. The Crate Escape
  8. Draggin On
  9. Rude Awakening

I will update the list as I go through the other levels.

Edited by eOhmz

• 1 month later...