Platinum Relics (Times)

I tried some Levels to make the platinum Times... didnt get anyone... :( 
I think I will try this list from number 38 to 1... but otherwise the Plat will be impossible :( 100% Account RIP.

1. Toxic tunnels
2. Nitro processing
3. Jetboard Jetty
4. Rock blocked
5. Seeing double
6. The crate escape
7. Draggin’ On

8. Cortex Castle

9. Rude awakening
10. Off-Balance

11. Snow way out
12. A Real Grind
13. Hit the road

14. No Dillo Dallying
15. Crash compactor

16. Run it bayou

17. Food Run

18. Shipping error

19. Out for launch

20. Ship happens

21. N.Sanity Peak
22. Booty calls
23. Thar He Blows!
24. Truck stopped

25. Fossil fueled

26. Rush hour
27. Give It a Spin

28. Dino Dash

29. Bears repeating

30. Building bridges

31. Stay frosty

32. Blast to the past

33. Off Beat

34. Stowing away
35. Potion Commotion
36. Hook, Line, And Sinker
37. Home Cookin’

38. Crash landed

• 3 months later...

I’ve got 4 TT left. I’ve been doing them in order. I’m currently on Nitro Processing and jeez it’s hard! I seem to be way off the pace. I feel

like i’m going pretty fast too. The time is very very strict compared to the rest of them. Has anyone got any tips for it? I’ve had about 4 hours on it and i haven’t even been able to finish it yet lol. I suspect i’m about 10 seconds too slow. 

29 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

I’ve got 4 TT left. I’ve been doing them in order. I’m currently on Nitro Processing and jeez it’s hard! I seem to be way off the pace. I feel

like i’m going pretty fast too. The time is very very strict compared to the rest of them. Has anyone got any tips for it? I’ve had about 4 hours on it and i haven’t even been able to finish it yet lol. I suspect i’m about 10 seconds too slow. 

This was one of the ones that got me for a while. Main useful things off the top of my head:

You can stand on the sides of the water slopes to avoid getting slowed down by the current. Little awkward though.

When you get the flip gravity power try to 'float around' the big cogs instead of waiting for them. That was the big difference for me.

On the section where there is the big cog with a crate in each gap you can jump straight from the cog all the way to the ledge at the bottom if you use the triple spin. Similar thing just before the wall run section. (edit: I don't think you can go all the way down in one go but you can cut out some of the platforms for sure!)

Also it's a little janky but you can get on the fast cogs at the end without slowing time to get push around fast. I liked to slow just before the dismount.

Edited by jimbob12345678
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

You should try getting that first aku aku invincibility mask and just get right past that corridor of enemies

• Like 1

I’ve been watching Powerpyx’s videos as a guide. He did the slide spin on nearly all the levels. But on this one he just presses spin. He doesn’t slide. Does that make a difference? On all the levels up to now i’ve been pressing slide then pressing spin 3 times and repeat. 

2 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

I’ve been watching Powerpyx’s videos as a guide. He did the slide spin on nearly all the levels. But on this one he just presses spin. He doesn’t slide. Does that make a difference? On all the levels up to now i’ve been pressing slide then pressing spin 3 times and repeat. 

Powerpyx times are pretty bad. Look for Developer Relics videos

19 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

Powerpyx times are pretty bad. Look for Developer Relics videos

Yeah. But is just pressing spin the best way? I’ve never even done it this way in all the levels i’ve done. So it’s kind of alien to me. I’ve always  pressed slide then spin 3 times. 

This TT just seems ridiculous to the rest of them. It’s like the difficulty in time just randomly spiked x100. 

2 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

Yeah. But is just pressing spin the best way? I’ve never even done it this way in all the levels i’ve done. So it’s kind of alien to me. I’ve always  pressed slide then spin 3 times. 

This TT just seems ridiculous to the rest of them. It’s like the difficulty in time just randomly spiked x100. 

Nitro Processing and Toxic Tunnels are the real challenge. good luck

I mostly just did the 3 spins, but I tried to slide spin when I was in a straight line. I don't have the coordination to alter between the two like that.

Edited by DesmaBR

2 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

Nitro Processing and Toxic Tunnels are the real challenge. good luck

I mostly just did the 3 spins, but I tried to slide spin when I was in a straight line. I don't have the coordination to alter between the two like that.

Thanks for the tips. I’ve just done it ???? Man that was tough! Funnily enough, i’ve been trying to do it for the past 4 hours and only ever got to the spinning cogs on the wall. The first time i reached it with a decent time without dying to them, i did the rest of the level first time ? Now onto Toxic Tunnels! Is that harder?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Radford999 said:

I almost exclusively used triple spin for every level. You can get a nice speed boost by jumping as you do the second or third spin and that works plenty good enough for clearing gaps you cant otherwise make.

Using slides and spins you can get across waaaaaayyyyyy bigger gaps but that isn't really needed unless you're going for dev times imo. Here's the video that shows the cog thing I mentioned btw. (don't mind the warping at then end :P)

12 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

Thanks for the tips. I’ve just done it 1f601.png1f601.png1f601.png1f601.png Man that was tough! Funnily enough, i’ve been trying to do it for the past 4 hours and only ever got to the spinning cogs on the wall. The first time i reached it with a decent time without dying to them, i did the rest of the level first time 1f642.png Now onto Toxic Tunnels! Is that harder?

GG! :)

Toxic tunnels was probably about the same as nitro processing for me, but if you can do slide spins then I imagine it wont be too bad for you. It's just fairly long so I lost a lot of seconds over time because I can't slide spin for shit! Best thing to do is go into the level normally and figure out all the shortcuts you can take on the cog platforms.

Also just as an fyi, the last two levels are easy as hell so this is it for time trials really ;)

6 hours ago, jimbob12345678 said:

GG! :)

Toxic tunnels was probably about the same as nitro processing for me, but if you can do slide spins then I imagine it wont be too bad for you. It's just fairly long so I lost a lot of seconds over time because I can't slide spin for shit! Best thing to do is go into the level normally and figure out all the shortcuts you can take on the cog platforms.

Also just as an fyi, the last two levels are easy as hell so this is it for time trials really ;)

YES! Done it!

Wow those two were really difficult! After about 6 hours i have finally done Toxic Tunnels! It was the same as the last one, it was the first time i actually completed the level. After a few hours i had a pretty good time for the first 65%-75% of the level. But i was always failing on the cogs and the moving platforms at the end of the level. So i played through the level normally and  got to a checkpoint just before it and practiced it. That helped :)

Edited by Radford999
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Gg 

On 20/6/2021 at 0:11 PM, jimbob12345678 said:

I almost exclusively used triple spin for every level. You can get a nice speed boost by jumping as you do the second or third spin and that works plenty good enough for clearing gaps you cant otherwise make.

Using slides and spins you can get across waaaaaayyyyyy bigger gaps but that isn't really needed unless you're going for dev times imo. Here's the video that shows the cog thing I mentioned btw. (don't mind the warping at then end :P)

Yea me too I was using triple spin all the time , better for me I can’t slide fast too much I got in confusion 

On 20/6/2021 at 7:03 PM, Radford999 said:

YES! Done it!

Wow those two were really difficult! After about 6 hours i have finally done Toxic Tunnels! It was the same as the last one, it was the first time i actually completed the level. After a few hours i had a pretty good time for the first 65%-75% of the level. But i was always failing on the cogs and the moving platforms at the end of the level. So i played through the level normally and  got to a checkpoint just before it and practiced it. That helped :)

How many left now?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I’ve got 5 to go! This has been by far the hardest thing I’ve ever done in video games! Just the 3 in Snaxx dimension, toxic tunnels and seeing double to go- just did nitro processing and it was tough but not as bad as I’ve been reading. The MVP for me for most difficult has got to be Rock Blocked that took me days to do. Easiest by a mile is Stowing Away incredibly generous time. Cortex Castle was so much easier than I expected and once I made it through the level I actually got the developer time. Wish me luck for the last few- then a few gems and perfect relics plus all flashback tapes to go