N.Tropy & N.Oxide time trials maps order [GUIDE]

Hello there. 

I would like to share with you the time trial order which I followed and it really helped me to obtain the platinum in CTR. 

Initially I found this guide in one of the threads on Reddit (credits to BigGymFreakz) but I decided to modify it slightly, according to my preference and what I found easier or harder.

Please find the table below. I recommend to follow this order, to become more familiar with time trials, as the difficulty level goes up once this list is being followed.

EASY MEDIUM HARD EXTREME
Coco Park Jungle Boogie Crash Cove Dragon Mines
Tiger Temple Clockwork Wumpa Sewer Speedway  
Roo's Tubes Hot Air Skyways Papu's Pyramid  
Tiny Arena Polar Pass N.Gin Labs  
Slide Colosseum Cortex Castle Blizzard Bluff  
Turbo Track Mystery Caves Deep Sea Driving  
Inferno Island Hyper Spaceway Oxide Station  
Android Alley Electron Avenue Tiny Temple  
Thunder Struck Out of Time    
Meteor Gorge Dingo Canyon    
Barin Ruins      
Assembly Lane      

Edited by Bykovsky7
  • Like 2

I see Dragon Mines is the one most people struggle with. If you learn to utilize the shortcut (following the mine carts) Oxide becomes considerably easier. Even better if you can keep sacred fire, though not required. I would say Deep Sea Driving is the most difficult in the game.

8 minutes ago, PeachXHime said:

I see Dragon Mines is the one most people struggle with. If you learn to utilize the shortcut (following the mine carts) Oxide becomes considerably easier. Even better if you can keep sacred fire, though not required. I would say Deep Sea Driving is the most difficult in the game.

Good point with the shortcut, but the thing is that this is very difficult to master. 
I've tried many times with no effect - I decided to keep trying with beating Oxide in the conventional way. It was much easier for me than using a shortcut. 

Dragon Mines is overrated in my opinion Oxide takes wide lines and cannot keep SF or momentum around the spiral where he lets you catch up. The mine shortcut helps a lot because the mine cart shortcut saves around 5 seconds per lap, I know I tried the developer time and got a sub 1 minute 20 on Dragon Mines.

Oxide station and Tiny Temple are far more challenging to beat Oxide on than Dragon Mines. Out of all the original CTR and CNK tracks, N.Tropy is normally miles behind Oxide's time but in Oxide station he is a mere 3 seconds slower than Oxide. Blizzard Bluff is one of the easier time trials, heck even Papu's Pyramid is harder than Dragon Mines especially for new players. 

I still struggling with Oxide's times, 12 tracks left (Tiny Arena, Deep Sea Driving, Papu’s Pyramid, Hot Air Skyway, Polar Pass, N Gin Labs, Blizzard Bluff, Dragon Mines, Tiny Temple, Crash Cove, Sewer Speedway and Oxide Station).

But until now, the most difficult time for me was Mistery Coves... I hate this track, i'm unable to do the shortcut consistently, unable to keep SF for too long, the fucking turtles and fire balls, the timer so tight... Also I had a lot of problems with Coco Park cause was my first attempt and I didn't understand very well the turbo system.

12 hours ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

I still struggling with Oxide's times, 12 tracks left (Tiny Arena, Deep Sea Driving, Papu’s Pyramid, Hot Air Skyway, Polar Pass, N Gin Labs, Blizzard Bluff, Dragon Mines, Tiny Temple, Crash Cove, Sewer Speedway and Oxide Station).

But until now, the most difficult time for me was Mistery Coves... I hate this track, i'm unable to do the shortcut consistently, unable to keep SF for too long, the fucking turtles and fire balls, the timer so tight... Also I had a lot of problems with Coco Park cause was my first attempt and I didn't understand very well the turbo system.

As I remember well, I wasn't using the shortcut there - that one muddy narrow on the left hand side. I had been trying many times to practice it that but eventually I gave up.

Watch some YouTube videos, I used to follow the guy named RHGNTX, as his videos and his skills seem to be more "natural" than some PowerPyx's ones and other ultra skilled professional YouTubers :P
Here's the link as an example:

Edited by Bykovsky7

Thanks for videos and tips, 3 more to go, Dragon Mines, Tiny Temple and Oxide Station. I don't know what order follow, at the moment my worst tracks are Crash Cove and Mistery Caves, Sewer is not that bad, at least the shorcut, if I got SF, was easy to get consistently, but for beat the time I needed SF for almost the entire race.

16 minutes ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

Thanks for videos and tips, 3 more to go, Dragon Mines, Tiny Temple and Oxide Station. I don't know what order follow, at the moment my worst tracks are Crash Cove and Mistery Caves, Sewer is not that bad, at least the shorcut, if I got SF, was easy to get consistently, but for beat the time I needed SF for almost the entire race.

If I were you, Would repeat mysekf :P and go Tiny Temple, Oxide Station and then as a cherry on top - Dragon Mines.

You will beat those within a few days, as those three levels are one step from the Platinum Trophy.

On 13/10/2020 at 11:37 PM, Bykovsky7 said:

If I were you, Would repeat mysekf :P and go Tiny Temple, Oxide Station and then as a cherry on top - Dragon Mines.

You will beat those within a few days, as those three levels are one step from the Platinum Trophy.

Tiny Temple was the most difficult for me, keep USF for entire two laps is too much for me... On the other hand at Oxide Station I beat Oxide's time unlocking N Tropy, and Dragons Mine is not that bad when manage to mantain SF from the pad to the spiral in each lap and you don't lose too much time on the spiral (Mistery Caves or Crash Cove cost me more than Dragons Mine).

I'm glad that Velo's and Dev's times are not required for trophies, because I'm far from that level of mastery.

Edited by Steven-Spiegel

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 12:02 PM, Bykovsky7 said:

Hello there. 

I would like to share with you the time trial order which I followed and it really helped me to obtain the platinum in CTR. 

Initially I found this guide in one of the threads on Reddit (credits to BigGymFreakz) but I decided to modify it slightly, according to my preference and what I found easier or harder.

Please find the table below. I recommend to follow this order, to become more familiar with time trials, as the difficulty level goes up once this list is being followed.

EASY MEDIUM HARD EXTREME
Coco Park Jungle Boogie Crash Cove Dragon Mines
Tiger Temple Clockwork Wumpa Sewer Speedway  
Roo's Tubes Hot Air Skyways Papu's Pyramid  
Tiny Arena Polar Pass N.Gin Labs  
Slide Colosseum Cortex Castle Blizzard Bluff  
Turbo Track Mystery Caves Deep Sea Driving  
Inferno Island Hyper Spaceway Oxide Station  
Android Alley Electron Avenue Tiny Temple  
Thunder Struck Out of Time    
Meteor Gorge Dingo Canyon    
Barin Ruins      
Assembly Lane      

Pretty close to my own experience, however I'd say Oxide Station should be Extreme and Dragon Mines should be Hard - the difficulty of Dragon Mines is overstated, it has one tough turn on that spiral, while Oxide Station has a lot of sharp turns and is like twice as long... was much harder for me. Also Dingo Canyon felt super easy, I'd put it in Easy and Assembly Lane and Roo's Tubes in Medium (Tubes are an easy level but the time to beat felt pretty tight).