Getting Started/General Tips

MooseSketts

6 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

I have quite some problems leveling up jewel crafting: It is incredibly slow. Even with the skill exp tea I have barely reached level 26. Now all my ingredients are gone. Is there any store which sells these ingredients or are they monster drops only? If the latter: Any good place to farm specific ingredients.

PS: I really like the game the game and it is pretty difficult to stop playing it. I have finished the main game, all dungeons and nearly level 100. but now the game has become waay too grindy. No way I am going to plat it. The journals are insane and I greatly dislike Fyuut.

Hopefully there will be a patch in the future to lessen the grind.

I agree the grind grows x100 once you finish the game. And jewel crafting is one of the tedious ones, mine isn't very high either. Honestly I just collected the ingredients for the jewel, which used ingredients that had the tag Knowledge on them, like the Bright Serphini scales, those were the best ones to my knowledge. But my crafting was low so I didn't have a high chance, I lost way more mats than I was successful with. But occasionally I got lucky and got a jewel, and the bright serphini scale has a very high potency so I would get a jewel with like +70% skill exp. It took time but I even kept the lesser ones with + 20% exp, all those added up after a while. I believe you can also use Balhound horns, although they are nowhere near as potent you can net like 20% gain, which with multiple you will see and feel the difference at least.

• Like 3

New patch is out, the big things being fixes to pet bugs, added ability points on the map [in easy to find locations too!] And an even bigger boost to mining results.

I didnt see anything crafting related on there, as I saw someone mention something about recipes or the max required to Master a recipe being lowered, but if someone can confirm.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

The journals are insane and I greatly dislike Fyuut.

I have been playing Triple Triad Fyued to collect all of the shiny cards.  My issue that I have is that once I got to the Lorwyck Castle area the difficulty shot up, so I've been struggling against my opponents to even win basic cards to build my deck.  At least in Elmson there was one person who had strong cards that you were able to beat to build your deck for the next town.

2 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

New patch is out, the big things being fixes to pet bugs, added ability points on the map [in easy to find locations too!] And an even bigger boost to mining results.

I didnt see anything crafting related on there, as I saw someone mention something about recipes or the max required to Master a recipe being lowered, but if someone can confirm.

What was wrong with the pets lol?  Yeah I'm glad those ability points were added because if they weren't the game would have had an unobtainable platinum...

When I have the time to play the game again I will let you know about the mastering.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

I have been playing Triple Triad Fyued to collect all of the shiny cards.  My issue that I have is that once I got to the Lorwyck Castle area the difficulty shot up, so I've been struggling against my opponents to even win basic cards to build my deck.  At least in Elmson there was one person who had strong cards that you were able to beat to build your deck for the next town.

What was wrong with the pets lol?  Yeah I'm glad those ability points were added because if they weren't the game would have had an unobtainable platinum...

When I have the time to play the game again I will let you know about the mastering.

I was gonna start fyeud soon and really get into it but the beginning area is fine but then its like the difficulty shoots up, I was gonna try to grind some cards from easy to beat people lol do you know who in elmson is the one?

The lowering of requirements for crafting mastery was in version 1.35 on Steam and we now have 1.37 on PS4 so hopefully it's in there despite not being in the patch notes when you check "update history". I'll try to check the game itself later. 

EDIT: Mastery requirements have indeed dropped but not by much unfortunately. Alchemy and Cooking have dropped from 75 for mastery to 60, Armoursmith and Weaponsmith have dropped from 15 to 10, Jewel Crafting is now 15 and Magic Weaving is now 10 (not sure what the last two were before). Still an insane grind...

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Killbomb said:

The lowering of requirements for crafting mastery was in version 1.35 on Steam and we now have 1.37 on PS4 so hopefully it's in there despite not being in the patch notes when you check "update history". I'll try to check the game itself later. 

EDIT: Mastery requirements have indeed dropped but not by much unfortunately. Alchemy and Cooking have dropped from 75 for mastery to 60, Armoursmith and Weaponsmith have dropped from 15 to 10, Jewel Crafting is now 15 and Magic Weaving is now 10 (not sure what the last two were before). Still an insane grind...

Alchemy was honestly not bad because you have the catalysts for success rate and doubling. Which i think is strange because alchemy and cooking are quite easy to level up and they have access to the items that boost crafting potentials. Jewel crafting, and the armor and weapons will require rare materials especially the high tier options, and jewel crafting just goes so damn slow. Ill take a look tomorrow morning and see if I notice a difference, I just grinded some pet morph levels today, AFK farmed some ores and got all the abilities done so just chipping away slowly at my task list for this game. I agree its still an insane grind but honestly it at least shows you the dev is receptive to the community. 

• Like 1

Cooking is going to be the worst probably since you need 60 Legendary Fish and it took me quite a while to even catch 5. I had fun with the game but I think I am done unless they drastically reduce the requirements because it's just pure grind for the sake of it at this point. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Killbomb said:

Cooking is going to be the worst probably since you need 60 Legendary Fish and it took me quite a while to even catch 5. I had fun with the game but I think I am done unless they drastically reduce the requirements because it's just pure grind for the sake of it at this point. 

Yeah the legendary fish catching is just monotonous and boring but im dreading the fyued right now, might try to get some rounds in while I'm "working from home" lol

kEOxtwn.jpg

BYW, The exp teas and 1 pet in the party work wonders for those doing some morph gen grinding. Only done it for a bit and usually a run of Scorn Of Hell can net me like 4 or 5 morph levels on this little boi here. Magic is broken, but just imagine 10 of these lol...pets are the real broken thing in this game when they are invested in

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

I was gonna start fyeud soon and really get into it but the beginning area is fine but then its like the difficulty shoots up, I was gonna try to grind some cards from easy to beat people lol do you know who in elmson is the one?

Yes.  It is Deeslthin.  He is just outside Pleon's house on the right side of town.  His cards will get your through Rhunden and some people outside of the towns pretty easily.

• Like 1

I think I was the first person to finish Fyued on PS4 and I really didn't have much trouble with it. I'll copy-paste some tips here I mentioned to someone on the game's Discord. I'll try to keep an eye here in case anyone replies, but messaging me on PSN is probably a better way to get my attention.

Most importantly, save your best cards for the end. The endgame is way more important than the opening moves. Be careful about "completing" the three-card stacks since they can't be changed after that. I like to bait the AI into placing the second card on the stack, then finish it with a third card that either can't be captured by any of the opponent's cards or, if I can't do that, a card that I can just easily take back if I do lose it. If the AI has a shiny card, they'll usually play it last, so plan a couple turns in advance how you're going to trap the card into being take-able and still win the match.

As for deck-building, I like having three cards with a powerful left side, three cards with a powerful right side, and three other misc cards (powerful middle and/or well-balanced). Dark cards work well for most of the game, but you should use at least a couple strong light cards once you get into the later areas.

And setting aside Fyued, yeah, the crafting seems like an insane grind in this game. I have over 200 hours in the game and I'm not even close to having made one of everything, let alone enough to master it all. Really hoping that requirement gets changed in a future patch.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MattPieti said:

I think I was the first person to finish Fyued on PS4 and I really didn't have much trouble with it. I'll copy-paste some tips here I mentioned to someone on the game's Discord. I'll try to keep an eye here in case anyone replies, but messaging me on PSN is probably a better way to get my attention.

Most importantly, save your best cards for the end. The endgame is way more important than the opening moves. Be careful about "completing" the three-card stacks since they can't be changed after that. I like to bait the AI into placing the second card on the stack, then finish it with a third card that either can't be captured by any of the opponent's cards or, if I can't do that, a card that I can just easily take back if I do lose it. If the AI has a shiny card, they'll usually play it last, so plan a couple turns in advance how you're going to trap the card into being take-able and still win the match.

As for deck-building, I like having three cards with a powerful left side, three cards with a powerful right side, and three other misc cards (powerful middle and/or well-balanced). Dark cards work well for most of the game, but you should use at least a couple strong light cards once you get into the later areas.

And setting aside Fyued, yeah, the crafting seems like an insane grind in this game. I have over 200 hours in the game and I'm not even close to having made one of everything, let alone enough to master it all. Really hoping that requirement gets changed in a future patch.

It might have been me in the discord as well, I definitely was asking as I have played over 30 games and only have 9 wins ? i think once I start getting some element cards ill be on more fair playing field but it just seems like everything is 2s and 3s and then all of the sudden in ashwick there's 7s and I have no way to counter that without sacrificing half of my deck.

As far as the item journal, I'm in the high 70s, and im trying to figure out what items correspond to the chest # and locations on the guide that Valor provided. The chest number doesn't really help me as there's no indicator where that chest is, so hopefully he clarifies that as well, not to mention we really take a look at those crafting requirements because some of them are insane, im at like 180 hours and the hunting journal took a lot out of me, im just on a slow burn with this one now...log in, get some morph levels, master a fish, play a game of fyued, craft some items, then log off. Gonna have to finish up fishing soon + catch. A bunch of Legendary fish so I can put that effort somewhere else

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

It might have been me in the discord as well, I definitely was asking as I have played over 30 games and only have 9 wins 1f605.png i think once I start getting some element cards ill be on more fair playing field but it just seems like everything is 2s and 3s and then all of the sudden in ashwick there's 7s and I have no way to counter that without sacrificing half of my deck.

As far as the item journal, I'm in the high 70s, and im trying to figure out what items correspond to the chest # and locations on the guide that Valor provided. The chest number doesn't really help me as there's no indicator where that chest is, so hopefully he clarifies that as well, not to mention we really take a look at those crafting requirements because some of them are insane, im at like 180 hours and the hunting journal took a lot out of me, im just on a slow burn with this one now...log in, get some morph levels, master a fish, play a game of fyued, craft some items, then log off. Gonna have to finish up fishing soon + catch. A bunch of Legendary fish so I can put that effort somewhere else

I finished up the Fishing Journal already, but the thought of having to catch 300 Legendary Fish to master all the cooking recipes is almost enough by itself to put me off from attempting the platinum, and the equipment crafting is even worse. I'll probably just finish up the non-crafting trophies and move on to another game until I hear word of a patch.

Anyway, regarding Fyued, I only lost 3 or 4 games of the ~450 I played and got draws on only about 10% of them. Even playing against opponents with stronger decks, I really didn't have much trouble. The main thing is predicting how the stacks will end up when they're finished. For example, once the stack on the far right is finished, it can only be attacked from the left side. At that point, your best bet is to try to make it yours and have a left number high enough that nothing your opponent has can capture it. There are two ways to do this: wait for a 2/3 stack and place your own card on top with a strong left side (that doesn't lose to the second card in the stack if that belongs to your opponent) or have the second card in the stack be yours with a strong middle so it captures whichever your opponent plays on top. There are pros and cons to both strategies, but the first one is generally better if you can pull it off. If you can't do either of those, your next best bet is to intentionally place a card with a weak left side on top so you can capture it back if it gets take. Using that method, it's hypothetically possible for a beginner deck to beat an end game deck, but it's still heavily dependent on luck. Remember, the first card that gets placed on each stack usually doesn't matter much, so use your weakest cards for those.

@MooseSketts I just noticed you added info from my previous post into your initial post. I'm glad you considered it helpful enough for that. The extra info I posted in this one is pretty much just what I said before in more detail, so there's no need to add it, but there is one more thing I'd like to add for us trophy hunters. When your opponent's hand is first shown at the start of the match, if they don't have a shiny or any other card you want, just force quit the application and start it back up. The game should autosave before starting each match, so you'll still be standing next to the same NPC and you won't have lost any cards. In the long run, it'll probably save you at least a few hours of time cumulatively.

Edited by MattPieti
  • Like 2

300 Legendary Fish? Wow, I totally misremembered the recipes when I posted 60 were needed before. This is another Star Ocean 4 with all the pointless grinding. Not sure what the dev was thinking. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

300 Legendary Fish? Wow, I totally misremembered the recipes when I posted 60 were needed before. This is another Star Ocean 4 with all the pointless grinding. Not sure what the dev was thinking. 

One recipe requires 2 and another requires 3, for a total of 5 to make both of them. Since you have to make them 60 times each, that's 5 x 60 = 300. And the equipment sounds like it'll be waaaay worse.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MattPieti said:

@MooseSketts I just noticed you added info from my previous post into your initial post...

I figured you wouldn't mind seeming as you posted publicly.

I edited the first post to put what we've all been helping each other with, so if another gamer comes along they don't have to scroll through all these posts.  I hope there are unlimited edits on posts around here lol...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

I figured you wouldn't mind seeming as you posted publicly.

I edited the first post to put what we've all been helping each other with, so if another gamer comes along they don't have to scroll through all these posts.  I hope there are unlimited edits on posts around here lol...

Yeah, I don't mind at all. I'm glad to help.

There's another trick I've been using the past couple days to make farming go faster. Using Remote Play on a computer combined with the PS4Macro tool, a lot of farming can be automated. Basically, the PS4Macro tool lets you designate an input or series of inputs to be looped indefinitely. For example, just last night I set it to spam healing skills and Shattered Earth while I was standing in lava, which auto-farmed Magic Restoration, Magic Destruction, and Earth Magic skill for me. That's how I ended up able to unlock all abilities. The only thing you really have to look out for is Remote Play disconnects. I figure this could hypothetically be used to farm just about anything in the game, including monster drops, if you're willing to set up a complex enough macro.

Edited by MattPieti
  • Like 2

Someone knows where is the secret fishing spot in the dungeon? I'm in the dungeon but i don't know where's the secret fishing spot ?

Edit: Also i'm missing 2 recipes for the alchemy trophy, the last 2 red potions, i have them unlocked but i don't know what i need to craft them, i tried to kill a lot of enemies everywhere and still nothing about those 2 recipes

Edited by CNaai

42 minutes ago, CNaai said:

Someone knows where is the secret fishing spot in the dungeon? I'm in the dungeon but i don't know where's the secret fishing spot 1f616.png

Edit: Also i'm missing 2 recipes for the alchemy trophy, the last 2 red potions, i have them unlocked but i don't know what i need to craft them, i tried to kill a lot of enemies everywhere and still nothing about those 2 recipes

As far as I know, you should be able to fish anywhere in that dungeon to get the exclusive fish. Regarding alchemy, which potions are you talking about? The category of alchemy material you need should be fairly obvious based on the item name.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MattPieti said:

As far as I know, you should be able to fish anywhere in that dungeon to get the exclusive fish. Regarding alchemy, which potions are you talking about? The category of alchemy material you need should be fairly obvious based on the item name.

Elixir M and Elixir L, those are the names, but the thing is, the elixie requires some items and i dont have any of them, i dont know why...? and about Mining... how do i get L ? I can only find S and M, im very lost with this, even with 58% of trophies i still don't understand a lot of things

Edited by CNaai

6 hours ago, MattPieti said:

As far as I know, you should be able to fish anywhere in that dungeon to get the exclusive fish

Which dungeon is it?  I forget which one it is...

2 hours ago, CNaai said:

Elixir M and Elixir L, those are the names, but the thing is, the elixie requires some items and i dont have any of them, i dont know why...1f614.png and about Mining... how do i get L ? I can only find S and M, im very lost with this, even with 58% of trophies i still don't understand a lot of things

I know for Elixir M the items that can be used to craft it are the Camel Hump, Hirn Horn, Ghost Bone, Rhagdolos Brain, and the Minotaur Horn.  I am assuming the Elixir L uses the same ingredients.

To get L ores/charcoal I believe it is related to which pickaxe you are using.  To get L use the Legendary Pickaxe.

Edited by MooseSketts
Typo

20 hours ago, CNaai said:

Elixir M and Elixir L, those are the names, but the thing is, the elixie requires some items and i dont have any of them, i dont know why...1f614.png and about Mining... how do i get L ? I can only find S and M, im very lost with this, even with 58% of trophies i still don't understand a lot of things

You should be able to make Elixir M and Elixir L with the same materials as Elixir S. Just use any elixir alchemy materials. As for mining, you need the use the Legendary Pick-Axe and have a high mining skill - I believe 60 - to get L ore. Once you get your mining skill high enough, you can switch between the three types of pickaxe to determine which ore size you get.

• Like 2