HusKy

List of PS4 games that are not compatible with PS5

65 posts in this topic

Nice! At least all triple A games are fine to run on PS5.

43 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

- That’s You!

- Knowledge Is Power

- Knowledge Is Power: Decades

- Hidden Agenda

- Melbits Words

- Frantics

- Ticket to Ride - USA and France

- Wordhunters

- Just Deal With It!

- Champarty

- Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier

Thank you for the info :).

On 10/9/2020 at 9:32 AM, EcoShifter said:

That list is utterly short. Does this include PSN games? Because SIE have officially separated PSN and PS4 games as their own category. I want to know if I'll be able to play (PSN) games like Dead Nation and Sonic Mania, as well as PS2-PS4 games like Jak X: Combat Racing

Also, is it really the case that digital PS4 games can work on PS5s (physical edition)? That'd be fantastic.

Hitman Go is a PSN game, and I think Shadwen was only PSN too since Frozenbyte (dev) usually doesn’t release a physical copy. 

9 hours ago, Sifferino said:

Just to clarify: running PS4 games on PS5 (assuming 100% compatibility and no extra enhancements) is like running them on a PS4 Pro right? So as a non-pro PS4 owner I should get the Pro benefits simply by upgrading to the PS5?

(to clarify: this is not a good enough reason to go buy a PS5 for me, but if my PS4 were to die it would merely help me decide between buying a replacement PS4 Pro or go for a PS5)

Mark Cerny explained the three modes in the State of Play and it’s probably best to watch his explanation, he did a pretty good job. 

Summary: there is PS4 mode, Pro mode, and Boosted mode. Previous levels can be selected to fall back on if the later mode proves to be unplayable. 

Edited by DaivRules

I think the DWVR devs are working on a patch so that game can could be removed later.

I'd be very curious the technical reason why only these handful of games won't work.  Not for any "I think they're hiding something" kinda reason, just professional curiosity.

On 10/9/2020 at 11:49 AM, DEI2EK said:

I've had a disc from LRG of Shadow Complex Remastered sitting on my shelf for years, maybe i should finally get around to playing that.

To be honest, kinda makes me want to sell mine.  If literally every other disc on my shelf works except that when the day comes that the PS5 is in and the PS4 is out... then it just doesn't belong. xD

Edited by Dreakon13

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

I'd be very curious the technical reason why only these handful of games won't work.  Not for any "I think they're hiding something" kinda reason, just professional curiosity.

This^

I can understand the Play Link games not working but the other 9 are baffling to me, especially the TT Racing game since that only came out in May of this year so by rights it should work on the PS5.

If you check the link now it does say underneath the games that dont work that this list is subject to change.

Looks like that, according to Sony XDev Europe, all PlayLink games (which require mobile devices and companion app to play) will also be playable on PS5 via backward compatibility, despite that Just Deal With It has been in the list of "incompatible titles" and that it officially states that "companion apps won't work on PS5" in the FAQ regarding BC. Less games from the list.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

1 hour ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Looks like that, according to Sony XDev Europe, all PlayLink games (which require mobile devices and companion app to play) will also be playable on PS5 via backward compatibility, despite that Just Deal With It has been in the list of "incompatible titles" and that it officially states that "companion apps won't work on PS5" in the FAQ regarding BC. Less games from the list.

If there's no Companion App support, then how are those games going to work without them?

13 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If there's no Companion App support, then how are those games going to work without them?

This is what I question myself, I replied with this question:

Edited by MaxieM0us3

TT Isle of Man is getting a patch now so that's one more game that's compatible with PS5.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10/tt_isle_of_man_2_will_receive_ps5_backwards_compatibility_update

Shadwen is never getting a PS5 patch because as the devs state "...for some reason, Shadwen freezes on the loading screen. If this happened on one of our newer games, we'd probably figure out the reason quickly. Unfortunately, Shadwen is quite old, using an older version of our engine, and we don't have it up and running anymore."

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10/why_shadwen_wont_be_backwards_compatible_on_ps5

18 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

TT Isle of Man is getting a patch now so that's one more game that's compatible with PS5.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10/tt_isle_of_man_2_will_receive_ps5_backwards_compatibility_update

Shadwen is never getting a PS5 patch because as the devs state "...for some reason, Shadwen freezes on the loading screen. If this happened on one of our newer games, we'd probably figure out the reason quickly. Unfortunately, Shadwen is quite old, using an older version of our engine, and we don't have it up and running anymore."

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10/why_shadwen_wont_be_backwards_compatible_on_ps5

I was just going to post this about Shadwen.

I still don't understand why Hitman Go doesn't work on PS5 but Lara Croft Go does. It is great that only 10 games out of all the PS4 games doesn't work.

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

I was just going to post this about Shadwen.

I still don't understand why Hitman Go doesn't work on PS5 but Lara Croft Go does. It is great that only 10 games out of all the PS4 games doesn't work.

Aside a sad few games being incompatible, it's nice to see that you can easily replace the PS4 for the PS5 as a two-in-one system, as long as you're ready to move on after getting all trophies for incompatible games.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

1 hour ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Aside a sad few games being incompatible, it's nice to see that you can easily replace the PS4 for the PS5 as a two-in-one system, as long as you're ready to move on after getting all trophies for incompatible games.

Shadwen is the only game I have on that list that I haven't completed. At this point I really don't care if I do. It was frustrating, clunky and boring. It is nice to know I will be to trade in my PS4. I would have to to have room. I have such a small place for my gaming.