PS5 Backwards Compatibility - List of games with info

HusKy

1 hour ago, Voland44 said:

and how exactly? they said it would work and its worked after all

They said the games would load but the Apps wouldn't, because the PS5 supposedly didn't support them. Hence why I said Sony was talking out of their ass again, because it has since been proved that both work.

1 hour ago, TalalHmd said:

I’m playing Metro Last Light Redux and having many random crashes 

not sure if it’s the game’s issue or a ps5 compatibility issue 

It's the game, because it has issues with some PS4 models as well.

• Like 1

A recurring issue I’ve noticed is when a game asset or a certain (particle) effect renders as a black rectangle, AC Syndicate, Knack (only in the mines), and one corpse in Lichdom: Battlemage. Minor, rare, but it’s a characteristic graphic bug.

Edited by fbdbh

On 12/25/2020 at 5:54 PM, fbdbh said:

A recurring issue I’ve noticed is when a game asset or a certain (particle) effect renders as a black rectangle, AC Syndicate, Knack (only in the mines), and one corpse in Lichdom: Battlemage. Minor, rare, but it’s a characteristic graphic bug.

If you only encountered one bug in Battlemage then you're lucky. That game is infamous as being one of the worst performing titles of last gen. Should be no surprise when I tell you it's the same people that put out The Culling games.

• Like 1

From my experiences...

The Surge - Graphical bug where parts of the screen just start going a solid color. Fixed by adjusting lighting flare setting.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands - Hard crash to black screen as soon as I loaded it. PS5 went unresponsive and wouldn't come back until power cord was unplugged. Might have been a fluke, but I uninstalled afterwards.

Saints Row IV - Same as Ghost Recon above. 

Days Gone - Save shows on hard drive, in game save is not recognized. Must start from beginning to play on the PS5. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Seriously? This is weird considering that Sony put the game in the Plus Collection...

Yep. I've redownloaded it from the cloud and used a USB flash drive to transfer directly from ps4 to the ps5. The game makes a separate folder for the save, so I end up with two Days Gone saves on the system, but the one I want to use is not accessible. 

• Like 1

On 01/01/2021 at 1:22 PM, mcnichoj said:

If you only encountered one bug in Battlemage then you're lucky. That game is infamous as being one of the worst performing titles of last gen. Should be no surprise when I tell you it's the same people that put out The Culling games.

Buggy isn’t the same as bad performance - performance is more than fine on PS5 (Battlemage even goes up to 60 fps, although it seems to hover just between 40-50 during combat).

On 01/01/2021 at 1:40 PM, Spacey Dweeb said:

Days Gone - Save shows on hard drive, in game save is not recognized. Must start from beginning to play on the PS5. 

For me it worked just fine. This happened to me when I switched regions with Horizon Zero Dawn (complete edition from a different region). Are you playing the same version? PS Plus version might be different for some reason.

Edited by fbdbh

25 minutes ago, Void said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned but MediEvil showed "PS4 Only" as well when a friend of mine tried to load it onto the PS5.

Maybe your friend got confused? In the library section it will say what platform it's on, so all PS4 games will have a tiny box that says PS4 in the corner. Games that can't be played on PS5 will be greyed out with a circle that has a line through it. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_symbol)

I just started installing Medi now no issue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Maybe your friend got confused? In the library section it will say what platform it's on, so all PS4 games will have a tiny box that says PS4 in the corner. Games that can't be played on PS5 will be greyed out with a circle that has a line through it. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_symbol)

I just started installing Medi now no issue.

maybe it was added in an update then? I will see if I can find the pic he sent me of it, if I can i will post the pic.

13 minutes ago, Void said:

maybe it was added in an update then? I will see if I can find the pic he sent me of it, if I can i will post the pic.

It could have been the demo:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-CUSA15973_00-MEDIEVILHDDEMO01

Demos and betas can't be installed but they show up like normal games. I just scrolled past the one for Indivisble.

• Like 1

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered crashes sometimes on PS5 while signing in to Autolog.

You can‘t press to fast X, you have to wait a couple of seconds and slowly press it till you get into the game menu.

Edited by Jeffboy265

Can anyone give any feedback onto how the following games behave on the PS5?

Infamous: Second Son / First Light

Dishonored 2

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Grid 2019

Prey

Two Point Hospital

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequal

Assassin's Creed Origins

Medievil

Metro 2033 / Last Light Redux

Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Edited by Martain2

Over NYE I played EDF5, EDF 4.1 and Judgement all fine with no problems. Both EDF games loaded faster and it might be my eyes but the colors really popped.

New general problems I've had, Some PS4 games won't update and provide an error.

I switched my external from PS5 to PS4 and then back to PS5 like I have been doing. However now it seems like it was rebuilding the database and the USB Hdd took over an hour to work again. So I don't recommend swapping out externals between the 2 consoles any more. If your disc ps4 game get's an error with finding an update then bad luck. If it digital delete and re download. Basically my Cyberpunk 2077 was stuck on 1.02.