PS5 Backwards Compatibility - List of games with info

HusKy

4 hours ago, bendermac said:

I've made a little video about the video glitch in Lara Croft and the temple of Osiris on PS5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvTMqOhkask

Is there a way to forward it to Square Enix, so that may release a patch?

Honestly I think you'd be wasting your time but I dug up this for you:

https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=11261&la=1

https://www.crystald.com/contact

It's very unlikely anything will actually happen for multiple reasons. One it's a smaller game and not a big time AAA, it came out about seven years ago at this point and finally they have no reasonable expectation to support a previous gen game on the new hardware. This is why it's important to keep a PS4.

BTW would you be cool with me possibly using your video in my thread: 

• 1 month later...

I've noticed the ps5 is more prone to memory leaks then a ps4 pro is when running ps4 games.

other then that, and the minor bugs that would happen, only ps4 game i've played on ps5 which was buggy, was little hope. the way the ps5 saves games, in that particular game caused some bug which prevented collectibles from saving unless i spread the save to other files.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a response from Square Enix support regarding Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Seams like they are only idiots working there, but read yourself

Greetings bendermac,

We apologize for the problems you are having with Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris playing via the backwards compatibility feature on the Playstation 5.  The team would like to recommend the following troubleshooting solutions that may resolve the error you are experiencing: 

1. Please ensure that your console is set to a compatible language setting to match that of the software. (ENGLISH - US will always be the default language setting for the North American version.)
2. Power-cycling the PlayStation console may help clear any accumulated cache/cookies that may cause certain errors when attempting to run the software. Please use the steps provided below to power-cycle your console:
I) Shut down the console and make sure it is set to Power OFF. 
II) Unplug all the cords from the back of the system.
III) Press the power button repeatedly for 10 seconds so the system will drain the stored power.
IV) Re-plug the cords.
V) Restart the console. 
VI) Start the game.
3. If you are using a disc-version. Be sure to check if there are any scratches or damage to the disc which could cause the laser to have a problem reading it.
4. If you are experiencing problems in some other area of the game, or it is inconsistent to WHERE the game is experiencing errors, it might be something within the system.   You may want to try using a cleaner for your system, which can generally be purchased at any video game retailer.
5. If you are playing with your PlayStation 5 lying flat, you may want to try placing it on its side and playing with it vertically. 
6. If none of those tips work, try the game in another PlayStation 5 at that point to see if it does the same thing.  Video game retailers usually have systems for demonstration purposes, and they are usually cooperative when this type of request is made.
7. We do highly recommend to keep your PlayStation 5 updated, please navigate to the System Update option on the PlayStation 5. 
8. Please try updating your PlayStation 5 to the most recent firmware.

We hope this information has been helpful. If the error persists after trying the aforementioned troubleshooting solutions, please feel free to contact us back and the team will be more than happy to investigate further into your concern. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you,
Alfred
SQUARE ENIX Customer Support

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bendermac said:

I got a response from Square Enix support regarding Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

The phrase "Trained monkeys could do a better job" comes to mind when reading SE's idiotic response.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, bendermac said:

Wouldn’t expect anything else from a massive corporation’s customer support.

Always gives a warm fuzzy feeling that they care about you.

• Like 1

"5. If you are playing with your PlayStation 5 lying flat, you may want to try placing it on its side and playing with it vertically."

Lmao that trick worked with my PS1. Even the opposite with the PS2, certain games stopped playing the music when it was placed on its side.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Don't know if this has already been reported but the game "the King of fighters 2000" has visual glitches when played on a ps5.

The game functions fine but it just looks glitchy. Doesn't bother me too much but I can see it annoying people who are nostalgic for the game. Video shows what it looks like.

https://youtu.be/EK72VFiaTNU

Edited by charxsetsuna
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 4:23 PM, charxsetsuna said:

Don't know if this has already been reported but the game "the King of fighters 2000" has visual glitches when played on a ps5.

The game functions fine but it just looks glitchy. Doesn't bother me too much but I can see it annoying people who are nostalgic for the game. Video shows what it looks like.

https://youtu.be/EK72VFiaTNU

I vaguely mentioned SNK games in general to you all the way back in February of last year. (Just look a page back.)

If you check out my thread I linked above (top post of this page) I had KoF already listed. Metal Slug Ant is the other SNK game and has a similar problem with glitchy pixels however I only noticed them in the initial menu screen where it asks which MS game you want to play. After picking any of the games I didn't notice any issues while playing the selected game.

• 1 year later...

I have had Overload crash on PS5 after the end credits... every. single. time! Campaign mode is otherwise perfectly playable, but this is costing me The Big Bang trophy (for the Beale ending). I guess TBB would pop AFTER the credits have rolled or been skipped. Seems like a PS5 issue to me. Sadly this will not get fixed by Revival Productions, who have closed up shop.

I'm praying a system software update can fix this (and others). One good example is Shadow of the Colossus, which benefitted thanks to a SSU... before it, PS5 didn't use the high res textures that PS4 Pro would use. Now it does.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge