Do You Think DLC Will Make the Platinum Trophy Easier?

Will DLC Make the Platinum trophy Easier?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Will DLC Make the Platinum trophy Easier?

• Yes
    • No

12 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

While there has been no mention of post launch content for Crash 4, I highly suspect there will be DLC.

Looking back at Crash 1, you could swap out one of the base levels for Stormy Ascent for both the Gold Relic and Gem.

Do you think the same will happen with Crash 4?

If so I dont suspect it will be any easier than the base levels. 

31 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Looking back at Crash 1, you could swap out one of the base levels for Stormy Ascent for both the Gold Relic and Gem.

This wouldnt have worked for me lol. I got the plat on all 3 games and ctr but to this day i still carnt do the relic on stormy accent. Absolute pain in the arse

• Like 2

Hold on, what DLC? Are there any signs from the heaven that any DLC is coming? I really doubt so. Crash 1 & 3 did receive DLC bonus levels due to fact they hadn't been added to original games and it was just a kind gesture from new developers to release them. 

I don't like a DLC trophy system due to fact once I finished a game (obtained the platinum trophy) I usually stop playing the game and I uninstall it from the PS. There are people who sell games once they completed them (not me, as I like having a collection).

There are some games which I keep playing, like RDR2 Online with my guys or CTR just for a couple of online races from time to time.

1 hour ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Hold on, what DLC? Are there any signs from the heaven that any DLC is coming? I really doubt so. Crash 1 & 3 did receive DLC bonus levels due to fact they hadn't been added to original games and it was just a kind gesture from new developers to release them. 

I don't like a DLC trophy system due to fact once I finished a game (obtained the platinum trophy) I usually stop playing the game and I uninstall it from the PS. There are people who sell games once they completed them (not me, as I like having a collection).

There are some games which I keep playing, like RDR2 Online with my guys or CTR just for a couple of online races from time to time.

If you looked into interviews before the game launched they kept using the term "at launch" quite often. People have started digging into the files and found Ripper Roo under playable characters in the games files, so it's very possible there will be a DLC centered around him.

That said, I can understand the sentiment of not wanting DLC, but I would definitely prefer there to be a few DLC levels for this game.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

Seem's like your nervous you might not get the platinum at all 1f602.png

Not really, only 7 levels left to get the plat, hopefully, I'll be done over the weekend.

I just feel it's a shame that so many people are turned off by the difficulty and are taking a hard pass on this website. At its peak, it only reached 5.2k players, which is pretty underwhelming for a brand new big-name title. The original trilogy smacked it on this site.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2020 at 7:54 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

While there has been no mention of post launch content for Crash 4, I highly suspect there will be DLC.

Do you think the same will happen with Crash 4?

Maybe, I hope that they will add the Sprint Shoes from Warped, that will be really useful.

On 10/13/2020 at 7:45 AM, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

yeah, okay lmao nice try

Needs to be harder. Otherwise what’s the point of it being a challenge? 

If less than 1 percent of game owners gets all the DLC trophies, that’s perfectly fine. Because too much shit now has ‘Participation Award’ written all over it. 

7 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

I'm afraid if they add a DLC, they will make the game (or just a new content and new trophies) more difficult.

Same as the Stormy Ascent level - they added this as a DLC and it was not a piece of cake.

Good. It will help separate the men from the boys. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

Needs to be harder. Otherwise what’s the point of it being a challenge? 

If less than 1 percent of game owners gets all the DLC trophies, that’s perfectly fine. Because too much shit now has ‘Participation Award’ written all over it. 

Good. It will help separate the men from the boys. 

dude, it's hard enough. not everything has to be super hard and clearly, this has been hard enough

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

dude, it's hard enough. not everything has to be super hard and clearly, this has been hard enough

Jesus Christ. I never said everything has to be super hard. I said this was a refreshing change to see a game this popular offer challenge. It's always the people who have fairly easy stuff on their profiles who gripe about hard games.

8 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Jesus Christ. I never said everything has to be super hard. I said this was a refreshing change to see a game this popular offer challenge. It's always the people who have fairly easy stuff on their profiles who gripe about hard games.

okay but you were saying it needs to be harder which it clearly is hard enough. And the people that play those easy games only most likely have only trash games unless they are good VN like Steins;gate or chaos;child which are great

• Like 1

Just now, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

okay but you were saying it needs to be harder which it clearly is hard enough. And the people that play those easy games only most likely have only trash games unless they are good VN like Steins;gate or chaos;child which are great

I guess I am in the wrong for just assuming the DLC will be a Stormy Ascent like experience, only harder and more difficult. I see nothing wrong with that, because it's not required for platinum and a lot of people skip DLC anyway. No harm no foul.

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I guess I am in the wrong for just assuming the DLC will be a Stormy Ascent like experience, only harder and more difficult. I see nothing wrong with that, because it's not required for platinum and a lot of people skip DLC anyway. No harm no foul.

stormy ascent i can tell you is not half as hardf as the stuff in this game which is why I say, it's hard enough

2 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

stormy ascent i can tell you is not half as hardf as the stuff in this game which is why I say, it's hard enough

The point I'm making is the DLC should be at least a little harder than what is offered in the base game. Stormy Ascent was the hardest in the first Crash outside of The High Road (which was bullshit more than legitimately difficult).

Whether you think it's hard enough or not, I can't judge since I haven't played this for myself yet. Crash 4 from what I've seen so far is still a lot more fair and user friendly than the old Crash games on the PS1, which were downright brutal if you wanted to get everything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The point I'm making is the DLC should be at least a little harder than what is offered in the base game. Stormy Ascent was the hardest in the first Crash outside of The High Road (which was bullshit more than legitimately difficult).

Whether you think it's hard enough or not, I can't judge since I haven't played this for myself yet. Crash 4 from what I've seen so far is still a lot more fair and user friendly than the old Crash games on the PS1, which were downright brutal if you wanted to get everything.

gonna have to disagree, with some of the bullshit they pull in 4, I would rather 100% OG crash than 4.

• Like 2