Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 Will Support Up to 60 FPS With Game Boost

Ghost

Following todayโ€™s details about PS4 backward compatibility on PS5, Sucker Punch revealed an interesting detail about Ghost of Tsushima:
ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

May as well wait until I get a PS5 to get back into this game, so. It's great andย I enjoyed what I played so far but for some reason it just didn't grab me enough toย keep me away from other games I wanted to play. The loading speeds were pretty damn impressive so I can't wait to see what it's like on PS5

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Stan Lee

• 8 months later...
On 09/10/2020 at 9:15 PM, Stan Lee said:

May as well wait until I get a PS5 to get back into this game, so. It's great andย I enjoyed what I played so far but for some reason it just didn't grab me enough toย keep me away from other games I wanted to play. The loading speeds were pretty damn impressive so I can't wait to see what it's like on PS5

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I feel the same. I liked it, it was a very decent game. However, it didn't connect with me that much - even as a lover of the aesthetic - and it didn't have any killer characteristic for me that made it this GOTY-contender most believe it to be. Kind of feel the same with Horizon Zero Dawn (I think HZD has a better story, and Tsushima has better core gameplay). Both are very solid, enjoyable games I wasn't even disappointed with, but equally I don't consider either that great and definately not groundbreaking. Does everything well, but nothing tremendously. Wasn't in the GOTY debate for me in 2020 as a result.

ย 

I was also semi-disappointed with the visuals, mainly thought the character models were a bit 'meh' and the appearance a bit grainy (the design of the world was beautiful, though). I have an OLED TV now, though (LG C1), so on PS5 think the game will look incredible.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 9:49 PM, AJ_Radio said:

I'll just wait for the 'Slim' version of the PS5, since they'll come out with newer technology that will make the OG PS5 look like shit.

ย 

ย 

I can already seeย the many threads asking "...should I get a PS5 slim now or wait for PS6?".

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 5:26 AM, Asimb0mb said:

Yes, the native PS5 version of the Director's Cut will have a separate trophy list.

So, no cross progression?

ย 

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/ghost-of-tsushima-legends-getting-standalone-release-and-new-mode-3011056

ย 

According to this article it will have cross progression. I was planning on buying the game on the PS5 (was borrowing the PS4 version) and if it autopop I'll get it for sure

Edited by MikeCheck--

On 11/08/2021 at 0:42 AM, MikeCheck-- said:

So, no cross progression?

ย 

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/ghost-of-tsushima-legends-getting-standalone-release-and-new-mode-3011056

ย 

According to this article it will have cross progression. I was planning on buying the game on the PS5 (was borrowing the PS4 version) and if it autopop I'll get it for sure

I certainly hope so. Though I would only like to autopop the trophy list for the Legends mode, as much as I enjoyed doing the raid with a team of exceptional players it was a long and tedious process. I would absolutely go for the platinum and New Game+ all over again.

Ghost of Tsushima in 60 FPS seems great to me.ย 

The problem is that I am almost surely a year and a half to 2 years or more out from getting a PS5. I don't want to wait until I get a PS5 to play the upcoming story content that comes with the Director's Cut upgrade.

ย 

So if I ever play the game in 60 FPS, it would be a second playthrough of the game, or some stuff in Legends.

ย 

But to people who have a PS5, it's great that you can play in 60 FPS. Action games really thrive in 60 FPS.