How to use second controller to earn trophies

JoesusHCrust

Sorry, this is a very basic question but I'm currently trying to get some of the trophies for Battleborn and some of the tasks require you to have a second controller so that you can 'play' as two 'players' (essentially 'self boosting' a trophy). I've connected a second controller as 'Guest 1' but it isn't letting me play in a match, apparently 'Guest 1' isn't logged into the PS network. 

How then do I go about using a second controler to 'boost' a trophy as this seems to be a technique I see mentioned quite often but I've never figured out how to do it! sorry if this question has been asked before elsewhere and thanks for your help! :)

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Have you tried making a secondary account to sign in with your second controller?

No. How do I do that? Won't I have to pay to access the PS network or does it not really work like that? As you can tell, I'm really clueless when it comes to technology! 

24 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

No. How do I do that? Won't I have to pay to access the PS network or does it not really work like that? As you can tell, I'm really clueless when it comes to technology! 

You'll just need to create a new email account (free ) and create a new user using that. It's all free and there are many tutorials on youtube, if you need visual aid.

59 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

So long as you have an account on your PS4 that has PS+ then any other account that has that PS4 set as their primary console and is logged into that PS4 can play online without having to purchase a second PS+ subscription.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

So long as you have an account on your PS4 that has PS+ then any other account that has that PS4 set as their primary console and is logged into that PS4 can play online without having to purchase a second PS+ subscription.

Thanks! That's very useful. 

Thanks for your help everyone. I set up a second account (JoesusICrust - my less famous brother. He changes water into vinegar instead of wine)  and got the trophy. 

I've got another question though! If I want to set up accounts in different regions do I have to fake an address in a different country? Obviously my address and postcode are in the UK so would I need to find some random address and 'post code (I believe our colonial cousins call it a 'Zip code') to set up a US account for example? :)

39 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Thanks for your help everyone. I set up a second account (JoesusICrust - my less famous brother. He changes water into vinegar instead of wine)  and got the trophy. 

I've got another question though! If I want to set up accounts in different regions do I have to fake an address in a different country? Obviously my address and postcode are in the UK so would I need to find some random address and 'post code (I believe our colonial cousins call it a 'Zip code') to set up a US account for example? :)

Correct. You must use an address local to the country in question, before being able to create an account there. In the case of China and Korea, you can only create an account for them if you physically live in the respective country (there are ways around this but they're legally dubious). For Japan, you need a Japanese Credit card before being allowed to buy Z rated content (again, there are ways around this but they're legally dubious).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Google a Costco or something and use that address. For the US: Be aware that there are tax differences state to state. I set up an alt in AL (just because it was near the top alphabetically) and ended up paying more for games than my main in CA. Needless the say, he "moved" shortly after I realized.

CA should be a safe choice.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 1:53 PM, RNumbers said:

Google a Costco or something and use that address. For the US: Be aware that there are tax differences state to state. I set up an alt in AL (just because it was near the top alphabetically) and ended up paying more for games than my main in CA. Needless the say, he "moved" shortly after I realized.

CA should be a safe choice.

Thanks. That's useful info. I suppose I'm a Californian then, unless there's a 'cheaper' state? 

On 10/10/2020 at 1:48 PM, HuntingFever said:

Correct. You must use an address local to the country in question, before being able to create an account there. In the case of China and Korea, you can only create an account for them if you physically live in the respective country (there are ways around this but they're legally dubious). For Japan, you need a Japanese Credit card before being allowed to buy Z rated content (again, there are ways around this but they're legally dubious).

Thanks. That's helpful to know. I wasn't going to bother with an Asian account but there are a few games available on the US store that I'd like to buy. I might set up and AS account in the future but probably just stick to US for now.