Updated Guide/Platinum difficulty?

LethalLuke1993

Hey guys. 

With the new DLC announcement and the PS5 upgrade Im finding myself looking ar this game again. 

What is the Platinum like for this game? I've had a look at the trophy guide but it seems that it's isn't the most efficient or effective way of getting the Platinum (no offence to the guide creator etc). 

Any input about the difficulty, time requirement or anything else would be greatly appreciated ?

Quite easy compared to the other Mortal Kombat game platinums. No online wins are required, you just have to play (not win) 50 casual matches and award 100 points in King of the Hill (which you can do as a spectator). The rest can be gotten completely offline. One of the easiest fighter plats out there, apart from Samurai Shodown.

• Like 1

In short, this is the easiest, but  ̷g̷r̷i̷n̷d̷i̷e̷s̷t̷s still grindy, NetherRealm plat. Even for someone not akin to fighting games this is at most a 4/10.

Easy cause it doesn't require online wins, just 50 public matches and sitting in lobbies just giving out respect points. Over half of the trophies are for just doing the main rosters fatalities, doing the story mode and other easy tasks. Some people say that they have trouble with the tutorials but I can't attest to that, they are finicky though for sure. This would take about 10ish hours.

It's grindy cause a trophy requires you to get the heads of all the base fighters in the krypt. And in order to get the heads you need to preform 25 brutalities and fatalities for each individual character. This along with the multiverse ladders take up the rest.

There really isn't a right way to go about this. Personally I would
just do the story mode or tutorial first, either one.
Then hop into getting the classics ladders to get those trophies.
And then do the multiversal mode. If you are done with the dallies hop into the multiplayer and AI simulators for a bit to do those.
All while this is happening don't forget to preform brutalities or fatalities on every one, and use konsumables during the ladder. You can use them pretty liberally but just don't go overboard by using what you don't need. 
You can go into the krypt at anytime during this if you want to spend money.

Bascially just complete the story mode and tutorial, and then mix and match the other game modes cause doing it one at a time isn't worth it. By that I mean the rewards you get and the way the trophies work.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 2

On 10/9/2020 at 4:28 PM, BestUsername---- said:

In short, this is the easiest, but grindiest, NetherRealm plat. Even for someone not akin to fighting games this is at most a 4/10.

Easy cause it doesn't require online wins, just 50 public matches and sitting in lobbies just giving out respect points. Over half of the trophies are for just doing the main rosters fatalities, doing the story mode and other easy tasks. Some people say that they have trouble with the tutorials but I can't attest to that, they are finicky though for sure. This would take about 10ish hours.

It's grindy cause a trophy requires you to get the heads of all the base fighters in the krypt. And in order to get the heads you need to preform 25 brutalities and fatalities for each individual character. This along with the multiverse ladders take up the rest.

There really isn't a right way to go about this. Personally I would
just do the story mode or tutorial first, either one.
Then hop into getting the classics ladders to get those trophies.
And then do the multiversal mode. If you are done with the dallies hop into the multiplayer and AI simulators for a bit to do those.
All while this is happening don't forget to preform brutalities or fatalities on every one, and use konsumables during the ladder. You can use them pretty liberally but just don't go overboard by using what you don't need. 
You can go into the krypt at anytime during this if you want to spend money.

Bascially just complete the story mode and tutorial, and then mix and match the other game modes cause doing it one at a time isn't worth it. By that I mean the rewards you get and the way the trophies work.

I wouldn't say this is the grindiest.  Mortal Kombat IX would have something to say about that.

• Like 3