[Debunked] My friend got banned from psn for trophy boosting on a rented server..

JFL_Leon

I find this so bloody annoying I can't believe it. So me and a friend were boosting battlefield hardline kill related trophies and the he got banned for trophy boosting how is this even a thing! What makes this worse was we were doing it in a rented server and we were not even affecting any other people.

What fo you guys think of this issue. This had personally put me off trophy hunting and makes me not want to do it anymore ?

• Like 2

For battlefield hardline?! Wtf, there have been 2 battlefield games released since this one (about to be 3 in the next year possibly) and people are getting banned for this? 

People are so kruddy. I’m honestly surprised they still give a shit about this game. Were you playing the ps3 or ps4 copy? Because thats another thing... ps3 is not supported anymore so for sony to do anything about people boosting in ps3 games is unbelievable. We are approaching the next generation of consoles. Even on ps4 it would sound ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, sporty_chin8 said:

For battlefield hardline?! Wtf, there have been 2 battlefield games released since this one (about to be 3 in the next year possibly) and people are getting banned for this? 

People are so kruddy. I’m honestly surprised they still give a shit about this game. Were you playing the ps3 or ps4 copy? Because thats another thing... ps3 is not supported anymore so for sony to do anything about people boosting in ps3 games is unbelievable. We are approaching the next generation of consoles. Even on ps4 it would sound ridiculous.

Ps3...

5 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Are you sure it was for trophy boosting or is that just what you assumed because it's what you were doing at the time? I was under the impression that Sony rarely ever tell people what they get banned for.

And if that was the reason, surely the person they were boosting with would get banned at the same time.

My friend called playstation support and they told him that someone reported him and said it was because of trophy boosting 

37 minutes ago, EmperorElfenSky said:

... But trophy boosting is not against TOS... Is it? You're not hacking the game, its servers or PSN, you're using in-game systems to earn trophies. What the fuck, Sony.

Otherwise I think we all will have to majorly adjust our behavior online ???

Edit: Reading through the terms of service, this is the only part the remotely mentions trophies (there are two other mentions but they relate account termination and trial periods, not relevant to earning them)

I do not think boosting can fall under any of this.

• It's not a cheat (you are just "playing the game")
  • It's not an (external?) technological measure (you are using unmodified PlayStation hardware and software)

The only remotely feasible is "other methods", which "organizing a group which enables the collection of PSN content, which includes trophies" can fall under, but that's such a long shot I quite frankly doubt it.

Given the last part about not exploiting price differences between regions (alt accounts) and selling hacked content (iirc some dude is selling custom avatars), they're clearly more concerned with people making money rather than actual boosting.

Edit: send support an email asking if it's okay to do. We shall see what they answer.

The guys from the playstation support on the phone its classed under exploiting 

1 hour ago, gamingboy79 said:

I find this so bloody annoying I can't believe it. So me and a friend were boosting battlefield hardline kill related trophies and the he got banned for trophy boosting how is this even a thing! What makes this worse was we were doing it in a rented server and we were not even affecting any other people.

What fo you guys think of this issue. This had personally put me off trophy hunting and makes me not want to do it anymore 1f621.png

If I'm not mistaken, boosting is technically against the ToS in some obscure way.

Did you guys kick people off your server while boosting? Odds are one of them got butthurt and reported you.

• Like 4

This is concerning if OP's friend really did get banned for boosting.  Pretty much everyone on PSNP (and I'm sure a lot of others not on this site) would be at risk of being banned.  I'd really like some conclusive proof that boosting is a bannable offense.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sporty_chin8 said:

Because thats another thing... ps3 is not supported anymore so for sony to do anything about people boosting in ps3 games is unbelievable. We are approaching the next generation of consoles. Even on ps4 it would sound ridiculous.

The PS4 will still be relevant. Not everyone is going to jump on the PS5 launch bandwagon anyway.

The PS3 on the other hand is slowly being phased out. Best buy your games and do whatever online you got left before it all becomes too late.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Anke said:

Don't we all boost trophies though?

Yeah if you jumped on a game years after it's release date or the trophies just aren't feasible to be earned legit.

Boosting is the only way to get online in older games now. Even with new games, it's more efficient and quicker to boost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

If I'm not mistaken, boosting is technically against the ToS in some obscure way.

Did you guys kick people off your server while boosting? Odds are one of them got butthurt and reported you.

Yeah that's exactly what we did. I rented the server and I can tell you my message log is massive from all the people asking why they have been kicked

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gamingboy79 said:

Yeah that's exactly what we did. I rented the server and I can tell you my message log is massive from all the people asking why they have been kicked

There's your issue, someone took offence.

44 minutes ago, gamingboy79 said:
45 minutes ago, gamingboy79 said:

And why u made no password on it? No need to kick randoms than 

Did your friend send you a message on PSN with the words trophy and boosting? That's how my friend got permanently banned. They checked his messages. Even though he was reported for something different (swearing). But they saw his trophy boosting msg which he sent months ago.

Edited by XXIIlII
  • Like 1